Additional evidence

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... I have posted about an ad that had animals and carts for sale, the number of which matched perfectly with what is said in the Beale papers, and at the times mentioned in the Beale papers, and at the place mentioned in the Beale papers. That makes this a POSSIBILITY for being the Beale group...
"Everything necessary for our purposes and for the prosecution of the work had been obtained in Santa Fe"- Beale Letter, Jan 4, 1822.
If the Beale Party employed wagons and oxcarts for transportation they would have been purchased in Santa Fe but there is No mention of oxcarts and wagons in the Beale Papers.
What was the source of your written copy of the Lynchburg Press ad to which you refer?

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

"Everything necessary for our purposes and for the prosecution of the work had been obtained in Santa Fe"- Beale Letter, Jan 4, 1822.
If the Beale Party employed wagons and oxcarts for transportation they would have been purchased in Santa Fe but there is No mention of oxcarts and wagons in the Beale Papers.
What was the source of your written copy of the Lynchburg Press ad to which you refer?

It does mention 10 men with Beale transporting the treasure from the mine to Virginia. So if they didn't use oxen/horse, and carts/wagons, then they must have carried the treasure in their arms.
This is starting to look like an argument again, and I'm not going there.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Not an argument, just requesting the same of what you have demanded from me many, many times on several threads.
Is there a double standard bias employed here based on the position stated by a poster that constitutes an argument instead of a question?
Questioning the provenance of posted information is not arguing with the poster, it is just a request for the source of the information which has been asked of me many times.
Why is this now considered an argument?

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

Not an argument, just requesting the same of what you have demanded from me many, many times on several threads.
Is there a double standard bias employed here based on the position stated by a poster that constitutes an argument instead of a question?
Questioning the provenance of posted information is not arguing with the poster, it is just a request for the source of the information which has been asked of me many times.
Why is this now considered an argument?

The reason it was asked of you is because you kept asking it of others.
Now I am done with the argument, so let's just ignore each other and have peace on the threads.

Albertaclipper

Feb 27, 2012
Central Alberta, Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A source of additional information, including the Lynchburg Press ads, with commentary and conclusions :
The Beale Treasure Story is True
round and round and round round we go lol...... 74BCCE5A-5DA0-47D2-BCE3-393C2BC066F8-med.gif

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what keeps the world turning. You have to love it.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
"Big wheels, keep on turning..." (CCR); "Watching the wheels go round & round"... (John Lennon).

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
"Big wheels keep on turning, carrying me home to my kin" SWEET HOME ALABAMA
One for Justintime :thumbsup:

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
It does mention 10 men with Beale transporting the treasure from the mine to Virginia. So if they didn't use oxen/horse, and carts/wagons, then they must have carried the treasure in their arms.
This is starting to look like an argument again, and I'm not going there.

if they carried the treasure in their arms it would be 10 people with like 482 pounds each on the first trip.
second trip only 319 pounds. i see in cowboy movies they have a horse that is packed up with supplies. how many pounds can a 1 horse carry 350?

10 men with 20 horses 7000 pounds of people, gold and silver. 10 men 2000 pounds, 4820 of gold and silver for the fist trip much less for the second trip.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
if you needed to be sneaky you could space out the time each person arrived in town as not to attract attention.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
my teacher said that most of the cowboys had three horses on long journies so one could rest while the other two were working.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There again. Number of horses O weight 0, men 0 weight 0, treasure 0 weight 0. That is if the story did not happen at all then the total weight would be 0. Now we are back to the beginning and running around in circles again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread