Additional evidence

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
There again. Number of horses O weight 0, men 0 weight 0, treasure 0 weight 0. That is if the story did not happen at all then the total weight would be 0. Now we are back to the beginning and running around in circles again.
The UnMuseum - Beal Cryptograms
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4301

let us not forget about the number of iron pots. :pot-of-gold:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
There again. Number of horses O weight 0, men 0 weight 0, treasure 0 weight 0. That is if the story did not happen at all then the total weight would be 0. Now we are back to the beginning and running around in circles again.
"Will it go around in Circles...? (Billy Preston).

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
my teacher said that most of the cowboys had three horses on long journies so one could rest while the other two were working.
There were no "cowboys" in 1817-1820, and the Beale Party was composed of financially able individuals of good standing organized to hunt grizzly bears and buffalo.

Dec 12, 2016
Florida
Detector(s) used
Don't have one yet
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
There were no "cowboys" in 1817-1820, and the Beale Party was composed of financially able individuals of good standing organized to hunt grizzly bears and buffalo.

america's first cowboys came from Mexico. of course, in california, the cattle business emerged with settlement itself. But to the east, beginning in the 1500s, vaqueros. the vaquero influence persisted throughout the 1800s.

http://www.americancowboy.com/article/history-vaquero

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
america's first cowboys came from Mexico. of course, in california, the cattle business emerged with settlement itself. But to the east, beginning in the 1500s, vaqueros. the vaquero influence persisted throughout the 1800s.

The History of the Vaquero | American Cowboy
No "vaqueros" east of the Mississippi during the time period of the Beale Papers
...except for Florida, where they were called "cowhunters", where they would go out into the scrub and round up the wild scraggly cattle that were descendants of those brought over by the Spanish.
Later these cowhunters were called cracker cowboys and conducted the first cattle drives and supplied the Confederacy with beef, and also shipped them to Cuba for gold specie during the War of Northern Aggression.
https://www.floridamemory.com/photographiccollection/photo_exhibits/ranching

In Beale's letter it is clearly stated that his "perilous adventure" Party was a hunting party for buffalo and grizzly bear.

Last edited:

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first cattleman I knew in California was a sheep herder named Edward Fitzgerald Beale. he had over 1,000 square miles or over 640,000 acres on his ranch with over 100,000 sheep and 500 sheep herders. Wonder where his money came from? One of Thomas J. Beale's kin married one of the men that got rich at Cripple Creek. When she married him he had over $85 Million Dollars. At least a Beale finally got rich in gold mining.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
Edward Fitzgerald Beale was a little bit more than a sheepherder, brought the first gold nugget from the west to the east, was part of Jefferson Davis's US Camel Corp experiment, created a trail that much later became Route 66, and published his memoirs in 1850 which contain similarities to Ward's later 1885 Beale Papers.
http://www.militarymuseum.org/EdBeale.html

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
1850 Memoirs WAS probably one of the Beale PAPERS used to "create" the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet (aka THE JOB PRINT).

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Edward Fitzgerald Beale was a little bit more than a sheepherder, brought the first gold nugget from the west to the east, was part of Jefferson Davis's US Camel Corp experiment, created a trail that much later became Route 66, and published his memoirs in 1850 which contain similarities to Ward's later 1885 Beale Papers.
Californians and the Military: Brigadier General Edward Fitzgerald Beale

All of that has been posted before over and over. This is new info I posted.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1850 Memoirs WAS probably one of the Beale PAPERS used to "create" the Beale PAPERS Pamphlet (aka THE JOB PRINT).

No there is a good possibility that the "JOB PRINT PAMPHLET" was an actual happening. The jury is still out on that one.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
... One of Thomas J. Beale's kin married one of the men that got rich at Cripple Creek. When she married him he had over $85 Million Dollars. At least a Beale finally got rich in gold mining.
Are you talking about Winfred Scott Stratton who denied that his son was his sending his wife away, and after his death 13 women came forth claiming to be his wife?
http://usrepresented.com/2015/02/28/winfred-scott-stratton

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

Old Silver

The first cattleman I knew in California was a sheep herder named Edward Fitzgerald Beale. he had over 1,000 square miles or over 640,000 acres on his ranch with over 100,000 sheep and 500 sheep herders. Wonder where his money came from? One of Thomas J. Beale's kin married one of the men that got rich at Cripple Creek. When she married him he had over $85 Million Dollars. At least a Beale finally got rich in gold mining.

I think I know the Thomas J. Beale you're referring to. He lived past 1832, but he still could be the one.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I know the Thomas J. Beale you're referring to. He lived past 1832, but he still could be the one.

No, I have not found anything on this Thomas J. Beale only that he was born at the right time. He and his brother there is nothing on either one and I mean nothing.

OP
OP
O

Old Silver

No, I have not found anything on this Thomas J. Beale only that he was born at the right time. He and his brother there is nothing on either one and I mean nothing.

Actually there is a little bit on him, but then, we might not be talking about the same one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread