Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my hunting buddies rarely hunt parks but today we were tutoring a new detectorist. We went to an out of the way area of a very old nearby park. I ended up getting a signal and when I dug down I hit a large flat rock. I checked the hole and the signal was still there. I pulled the rock out and underneath was a newish Craftsman work glove. It was all wet and muddy from recent rains...yuk...so I flicked it out of the hole and re-checked it. Now I have no signal so I check the glove and the detector goes off. I was pretty sure these work gloves didn't have metal buckles so I get out the Garrett Pro-Pointer. I give the glove a once over and it's the index finger giving me the signal. For a brief moment I got excited thinking maybe someone pulled the glove off and the ring they were wearing stayed inside...but then I thought what if the finger is in there with it? I reluctantly squeeze the index finger and, luckily, don't feel a bone but do feel something round. Now I'm excited again so I turn it up and shake it out. A modern quarter falls out! What? Who puts a modern quarter in the index finger of a glove, places it in a hole, caps it with a flat rock and buries it? ... I can think of a few guys that might have thought this would be funny....I'm guessing some wise guy detectorist realized he had lost a glove and thought to himself "hmmm what to do with this, now useless, left hand work glove?"

haha...who knows? The things we dig up!

Quarter_Glove.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someone here will cop to it!

mariposagold

Bronze Member
May 1, 2012
Mariposa, California. USA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro, Classic SL, Bullseye II Probe, Garrett Groundhog.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that certainly sounds like an Intentional act. I do believe we have a real live mystery on our hands.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least it wasnt in the middle finger! :laughing7:

LOL...I was thinking the same thing...I would rather get a quarter from an index finger than a bird from the middle finger!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is hilarious. Nice glove man, life time warranty there.:laughing7:

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few T hunters that I know that wouldn't even have to think twice about doing something like that. One of the names rhymes with Frito's :headbang:

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are a few T hunters that I know that wouldn't even have to think twice about doing something like that. One of the names rhymes with Frito's :headbang:

That might explain what happened to the other glove. When nature calls, he's been known to sacrifice articles of clothing for wiping material...:laughing7:

or worse yet...he might have taken the clean one home.:icon_scratch:

Last edited:

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That might explain what happened to the other glove. When nature calls, he's been known to sacrifice articles of clothing for wiping material...:laughing7:

Yeppers! I can remember seeing one the Garrett Gimme ponchos hanging in a tree down at Kimbell Bend that had brown looking stuff that resembled Frito Pie smeared all over it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeppers! I can remember seeing one the Garrett Gimme ponchos hanging in a tree down at Kimbell Bend that had brown looking stuff that resembled Frito Pie smeared all over it.

Well that was a s:censored:y thing to do.... :laughing9:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laughing.gif
Hey, I was right with you until you mentioned the possibility of a finger still in the glove garren!
killingme.gif

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hilarious post! Thanks for sharing that story with us.

I remember years ago reading a post here on Tnet where a guy knew where his buddy Scott detected. He engraved a token with "Scott is a H@M@" on it and buried it. Sure enough his buddy Scott eventually found it. :laughing7:
You got to have a sense of humor in life. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a little weird.

OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hilarious post! Thanks for sharing that story with us.

I remember years ago reading a post here on Tnet where a guy knew where his buddy Scott detected. He engraved a token with "Scott is a H@M@" on it and buried it. Sure enough his buddy Scott eventually found it. :laughing7:
You got to have a sense of humor in life. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Now that's funny right there!

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
could it be one of those GPS "caches"...i have run into those before...but not buried....

mohawkman4081

May 5, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX or Whites Clasic Id
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would have been even funnier if it was a penney in the middle finger.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have heard some disgusting stories about what some people have done in areas searched for gold nuggets, they will defecate in a hole and then throw a nickel in so you dig thinking there is a nugget and sure enough there is, but not the kind you were hoping for.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good reason to glove up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread