Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me and my hunting buddies rarely hunt parks but today we were tutoring a new detectorist. We went to an out of the way area of a very old nearby park. I ended up getting a signal and when I dug down I hit a large flat rock. I checked the hole and the signal was still there. I pulled the rock out and underneath was a newish Craftsman work glove. It was all wet and muddy from recent rains...yuk...so I flicked it out of the hole and re-checked it. Now I have no signal so I check the glove and the detector goes off. I was pretty sure these work gloves didn't have metal buckles so I get out the Garrett Pro-Pointer. I give the glove a once over and it's the index finger giving me the signal. For a brief moment I got excited thinking maybe someone pulled the glove off and the ring they were wearing stayed inside...but then I thought what if the finger is in there with it? I reluctantly squeeze the index finger and, luckily, don't feel a bone but do feel something round. Now I'm excited again so I turn it up and shake it out. A modern quarter falls out! What? Who puts a modern quarter in the index finger of a glove, places it in a hole, caps it with a flat rock and buries it? ... I can think of a few guys that might have thought this would be funny....I'm guessing some wise guy detectorist realized he had lost a glove and thought to himself "hmmm what to do with this, now useless, left hand work glove?"

haha...who knows? The things we dig up!

Quarter_Glove.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12
OP
OP
garren

garren

Mar 15, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it wasn't me. I'm too much of a cheapskate to leave a quarter behind

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang, that certainly sounds like an Intentional act. I do believe we have a real live mystery on our hands.

I'll call Scooby and the gang, they will get to the bottom of this!

DocBeav

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2012
SE Va
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX 3030 (17", 11", 6" coils), Minelab Excalibur 800, Minelab Excalibur 1000 (w/OBN's Remote Pinpoint mod and CTX headphone connector)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

wild eyed willey

Oct 25, 2012
Southbridge, MA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, fast tracker
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
certainly gives one cause to wonder. although given the responses here, I think I might just wish to remain in the dark as it were.

Keep swinging, if nothing else you will help to air condition the grass.

Digg Mo

Oct 18, 2006
Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Sidewinder,Tesoro Conquistador, Tesoro Tigershark, Troy Shadow X2, Minelab Excalibur 1000,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding the glove with a quarter inside sounds a little bit like "Vue JA De" to me! :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread