Am I the only one who doesnt care much about finding jewelery?

OP
OP
CrazySlasher

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Am I the only one who doesn't care much about finding jewelery?

I think some may misunderstand me a bit. I like finding jewelery, I just don't care about finding it. When I go out hunting, I never have it in mind, even when I do the beach. If I'm at the beaches in my area, I'm looking for old coins. Yeah, it's nice to find a ring. But when I do I just sell it and don't get nearly excited as when I find a nice old coin or relic.

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yup. I want gold and diamonds!

The question I have for you is, if you don't care about jewelery then what are you looking for when you detect on a beach, pulltabs?

I go to the beach with hopes of jewelery. Parks and other places I usually hope for old coins OR jewelery lol.

OP
OP
CrazySlasher

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SeaninNH said:

The question I have for you is, if you don't care about jewelery then what are you looking for when you detect on a beach, pulltabs?

I go to the beach with hopes of jewelery. Parks and other places I usually hope for old coins OR jewelery lol.

lol

I live in Massachusetts. Reales, gold coins, old coins, the elusive pine tree/oak shillings, old relics, cannon balls etc...I only beach hunt in the winter months after a storm.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CrazySlasher said:
SeaninNH said:

lol

I live in Massachusetts. Reales, gold coins, old coins, the elusive pine tree/oak shillings, old relics, cannon balls etc...I only beach hunt in the winter months after a storm.

If I lived where you live I would be a land hunter and relic hunter big time...... :icon_thumright:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR

I hunt the beaches in Md. and De. I find very few pulltabs. Most finds are coins and jewelry. I have found other things like anchors and pieces of worm eaten timber with brass spikes in them. Frank

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SeaninNH said:

and my hubby wonders why I booked 4 camping trips at the beach this year. All to detect for jewlery in the sand lol :thumbsup:

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I love finding jewelry. I dont have a water machine....yet but I have found quite a few silver rings,pendants,bracelets and chains and even a few gold items on land. I do prefer though, to find old coins and relics. Holding a coin or relic in your hand that is over 100 years old is priceless :thumbsup:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

My preference, gold, gold with precious stones, silver, coins. In that order.

I do not find very much jewelry but it makes my day when I do.

:D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread