🥇 BANNER Amazing Coin Spill, Find of a lifetime for me!

MUDSLINGER

Apr 4, 2014
Bourbon IN.
Detector(s) used
ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
holy moly!!!!! what a blood pumping video I wanted to scream right along with you guys. if anyone ever asks why I md I am going to show them your video. and to think there could be more a little deeper. I'd be sifting that area for sure; remember the gold coins found in those rusty cans a few months back.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally don't watch a video that long, but you guys sure made a spell-binding one!! I had to watch the whole thing. What a night!! Congratulations!!

pattiewhack

Apr 4, 2008
Vancouver
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I know the gold is more noteworthy but I for one would love to see the condition of those Barbers!! Can we get some pics??

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GREAT JOB!!!!! Amazing video along with the finds. There would have had to be a LOT of editing if I was in the video. Congrats guys...!!!!!!!!! :occasion14:

ArDirtSlinger

Mar 13, 2014
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP deus; MI-6 pinpointer, TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger, Lesche Sampson, Predator Piranha
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the excellent saves....

wecoyote

Oct 30, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Whites 4900/D, Fisher TW-6, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!
That must have been right between the saloon and the brothel. LOL
I can picture someone drunk attempting to get his money out for stop #2 and dropping his coins all over the ground.

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's totally unreal! I hope you go back with something like a GPX and get the real deep ones!

wayfas4u

Mar 29, 2010
Lee county georgia
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett 2500 GTI, Garrett AT Pro & AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on an amazing find! Brothel? Saloon? Hotel? So many questions on how they were dropped, but what an amazing story of finding them on video!! This banner post will be talked about for a long time! You got me pumped!!

Auriemma

Jul 24, 2014
SE PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab: Sov XS; Sov XS2 Pro ; XS2a Pro ; E-TRAC; Profind 25, Garrett PP AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is insane.... Congrats!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
3 Gold Coin!!!!! Big congrats.

You say that you got permission on private land, does your agreement include that you keep everthing you find? Do you show these coins to the owner?

Limey-digger

Jan 17, 2015
Roamin with the Romans
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been lurking around this forum and enjoying the posts for years, but this exceptional recovery has prompted me to sign up and congratulate you all.
great video of the discovery, I know how it feels to find gold and your video captured that feeling perfectly.
As has already been said it's all about the research you got to make your own luck.
Good luck and happy hunting.
George.

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I think they were originally placed deliberately much closer together, and then later dispersed.
Is it possible that at some point the location was filled in, possibly to create a level pad?
It seems that particular soil is not too difficult to excavate. Is that consistent with that particular locale?

The soil may at one time have been disturbed and spread, which in that case the coins may very well be fanning out from the source, which may be significant and in relative close proximaty

Last edited:

Rich in Central PA

May 28, 2003
Shamokin Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely incredible finds and video. I shared your excitement while watching, like I was there with you guys. Congratulations on a fabulous find...........Rich

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
Now after I have changed my shorts several times, had a freaking heart valve replacement, eyes bulging till they both need replaced and woke up after my face hit the floor! I guess I would say BANNER but I knocked my teeth out on the coffee table and the computer. Holy smokes guys that is one (two) heck of a find. Research pays off and we will see this in This Years Best Finds issue for sure. High fives all around guys, Congrats! jgas

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Go ahead and add a rainbows end to a copy of that map.
Stunning hunt guys,thanks for sharing it.
Pity the next person that asks if you ever find anything valuable.:laughing7:
I'm still itchin from watchin...

Congrats!

chkn

Apr 12, 2010
I take pleasure knowing that somewhere, there is a treasure hunter jumping up and down with joy, whether we get to hear about it or not!!!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like you said, that's why we metal detect for the possibility of a situation like that! It's the thrill of the hunt baby!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread