AMAZING Minelab Tech Assistance! Please Read

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay. Let me say up front that I am a Minelab Guy. I have bought and used Minelabs primarily since the mid to late 1990s. Never had to contact their customer service techs for anything in all these years.

I was going to sell my back up SD2000 Gold Machine. I have had my modified one and a stock factory back up since the late 1990s. Instead of selling it, I decided to restore it. All the components are in good condition. No cracks or dents anywhere, but an 18 year old detector that has seen a few moves and seeeeeeeeeveral outings needed a freshening up.

Even though I am changing the color to desert tan, I wanted to keep it as stock looking as possible. Here's the problem; the "SD2000 SUPER DETECTOR" decals on both sides of the main housing will have to be removed for a good repaint. I know they are metallic, but I doubt they will be in good enough shape for me to reuse once I get them off.

Naturally, I can't find them anywhere online. Can't find any Aussie Modifiers that have any. So, as a last resort, I contact Minelab USA Tech Center on the off chance they might have some NEW/OLD Stock laying around. No luck, but John Watson (give all credit) the Customer Care Tech, sends emails to other Minelab Centers, and found the decals at Minelab Australia. They cannot be bought, but he is having them shipped to him at the US Center, and will forward them to me ................. get this ...................FREE! That's right. FREE. Not only did the guy go out of his way to help get me decals for an 18 year old metal detector that Minelab stopped making when Bill Clinton was still President, but they are not charging for the decals or for shipping.

The thing is, I didn't tell them that I was a Minelab Guy. I didn't tell them about how many Minelab Detectors I have had over the years. As far as John Watson knew, I was just some random guy with an old Minelab SD2000 Gold Machine. He went over and above in my book. Does anybody wonder why I am a Minelab Guy (and no, I don't work for or get paid by Minelab HAHAHA)?

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread