amazing things seen while artifact hunting

shopdog

Oct 20, 2008
HI. FELLOW T NETER`S I HAVN`T POSTED IN A WHILE SO I THOUGHT I WOULD THROW SOMETHING AT YA. WHAT IS THE MOST AMAZEING THING YOU EVER SEEN OR WALKED UP ON WHILE ARTIFACT HUNTING . THE RESON I ASK IS I HAD THE MOST AMAZEING THING HAPPEN I WAS IN A CLEAR CUT THAT I HUNT MOSTLY IN THE SPRING ( NO HUNTERS OR SNAKES) I KEPT HEARING ALOT OF WILD TURKEYS MAKEING SOME WEIRD NOSES THEN SOME SOUNDS THAT I COULDN`T FIGURE OUT WHAT IT WAS, I STOPED AND LISTENED THEN WALKED TO THE NOISES AS I GOT CLOSER I STOPED AND LOOKED AROUND AND SAW THE TURKEYS ABOUT 18 TO 20 MOST OF WITCH WHERE HENS AND JAKES THEN I NOTICED TWO DEER (DOES) STANDING OVER ANOTHER DOE THAT WAS DOWN IN A SMALL HOLE ON HER KNEES GIVEING BIRTH SO I HID THERE AND WATCHED IT WAS AN AMAZEING THING TO SEE IT WAS LIKE SOME THING FROM THE LION KING THE TURKEYS WERE CACKLEING THE DEER WERE MAKEING A WEIRD NOISE THE DOE THAT WAS GIVEING BIRTH STOOD UP AND OUT IT CAME I WATCHED FOR A LITTLE WHILE LONGER THEN TRYED TO SLIP AWAY UNDETECTED DIDN`T WORK A GREY SQUIRLE ABOUT 15 FEET AWAY FROM THE DEER STARTED IT`S BARKING AND I WAS BUSTED .THIS WAS BY FAR THE COOLEST THING I EVER SAW IN THE WOODS

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
lets see....where do i start :icon_scratch:
-as i walked into a clearing one day while hunting several years back when a red tailed hawk knocked a ruffed grouse out of the air not 2 feet from my face.
-while scouting one year i saw 2 does stand on thier hind legs and start "boxing" for several minutes without leaving thier hind legs.
-caught a large black bear that climbed up on the porch of our hunting camp and ran away with my cigarettes that were on the rail.
-saw 2 gray squirells in a fight to the death. they fought all the way to the top of a 60' pine where they both fell bouncing off several limbs and the unlucky loser happened to hit a rock under the tree. needless to say he didn't get up.
-was watching some bats in the yard flying around the porch eating moths from around the light. when i grabbed a big moth and shook it in my hand and tossed it into the crowd of other moths as the bats were flying around and to my surprise one of the bats veered off and plucked the shaken moth out of the air. needless to say this became a very popular game with us and on some occassions the bats tried to grab the moths from our hands before we threw them.
i have several more but i have to go. i'll post them later.

Road Dog

Apr 16, 2009
North Carolina
I was out walking a field a felt something behind me. I turned around and about 20 ft behind me was a full grown deer. :icon_scratch: I thought it was a little strange and turned back around and continued looking. I made my way to the otherside of the field maybe 800 to 1000 feet or so. I looked over to where the deer was at before and at that time I saw a head pop up. :dontknow: Right then the deer took off in full stride with a trail of dust behind and headed straight for me. :o When it got to within 50 feet or so it slowed suddenly to a trot and stopped right along side me. I gave it a pat and it trotted off in the woods. :thumbsup:

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
Well i haven't seen to much, but i've heard what I assume is probably a panther?? It kind've sounded like a woman screaming. It's pretty odd, but not unheard of considering I live in Illinois.

Keep your eyes on the ground!

StevenX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions