Amazon FBA Is anyone else doing it?

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Garrett Pro Pointer and Whites TRX Pin Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So what is the exact procedure for the books once you buy them?

Do you box them up and just ship them to Amazon? How do condition issues come into play?

I googled it and amazon has a link here it is. The part about condition, sorry, but I don't know about your other question, I'm just starting to look into it myself.

Amazon.com Help: Condition Guidelines

Last edited:

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I am officially a FBA seller. My first test-box of books shipped off this morning. Prices range from $5-$200 but I am the lowest priced seller on all of them. I decided to let Amazon do all of the labeling and whatever else they do. Not sure how long it will take to get into the system, box is going from Texas to Delaware I believe? Seller name is "Blue Rosebuds" so see you guys around!

Congrats RW, good luck to you and I hope you do great! I've been bitten by the bug to start this too and plan on setting up my account any day now. I'm sure interested in how well it works for you, let us know how it goes.

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wow active thread in the week I didn't check it! I coulda swore when I was signing up it said I needed all of the DBA/Tax ID/CC etc.. to get going? Anyway... It's been going pretty good. Sold about $500 in merchandise so far. Shoulda been more but I messed up 2 big shipments on 5 of 7 boxes and my inventory went to the wrong location and didn't get listed. Starting to see potential everywhere I look. Bought some things I had to return due to hazmat, Amazon picky about that. I have been having Amazon do everything except print the shipping labels. Perfect for me since I am lazy about shipping and I only buy CHEAP stuff that I can mark up like crazy and still be lowest priced FBA seller. Unless you are wanting to do volume and make less percentage, it is looking like more expensive items ($25-50) are working best for me. Still a bigtime amature so take everything I say with a grain of salt. Good luck! I'm hooked and shipping out more Wednesday.

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, glad to hear back from you RW! Sure sounds like you're off to a great start, congrats!! I am SOOO close to clicking on sign up for the pro account, 1 mouse click and deep breath away! You sure got off to the races fast! If you don't mind my asking, is the $500 after their fees?

Only thing slowing me down about doing this, is I've been seriously researching trying to be careful I don't get myself in over my head, of course everyone's researched it before jumping in, so I guess I'm just slow, and a little fearful. I've never been a "salesman" or businessman in my life, but with 37 years with the Postal service, with final 7 years being in mailing requirements I know a little about shipping, which amounts to nothing since amazon uses UPS for the program I've read. I'm really getting excited about getting started, and really am glad to see its working well for you already!!!! I feel like a dang kid and haven't even started yet!

I've downloaded some apps like flow and profit bandit (?) and thought I was all set up and went to a store to experiment scanning different items as a learning experience, but found that for profit bandit I have to have an account. Sounds like you signed up for the FBA Pro account? I can't believe how excited I've become over this program! It's exciting hearing how well its starting off for you! Thanks again Eagle101.

Oh, RW I tried looking up your seller account name that you posted earlier, be danged if I can't find it! They really make it hard! I did find some info about a program amazon has that I thought I should mention sp folks don't get caught up in the type of mess I've read about happening to others....more on that below.

One thing I've learned is to stay the heck out of their COMINGELING (SP?) program! I've seen at least 1 video on youtube warning about its drawbacks. Also numerous blogs talking about the same thing, I wanted to post a link to the article I just read but I think there's a rule against doing that? I think for most folks, at leadt like me that will be doing small potatoes business, that's a non issue, but just wanted to mention it, I'll send a link in a PM to you and Eagle101 with the article I just read. NOT and I repeat this is NOT to scare anyone away, but I thought after reading it, wow I'd better mention it if anyone's interested because there's people that had tons of product in amazons warehouses that got an email telling them that their account has been shut down because the rules were violated, when the party involved did nothing wrong, but because when using the comingeling program, wh at you send into amazon may not be what they ship out to a customer that orders it and they tag it to your account then the buyer gets a DVD that someone else had sent to amaxon that happened to be a counterfeit item. It's just worth mentioning about what I learned about that comingeling program, before one does that I hope they read up on it 1st!

PS: I've probably spent 6 hours today just reading more online about it. I could of sent some shipments off in that time!

Last edited:

RW

Feb 7, 2007
Fort Worth'ish
Detector(s) used
Golden uMax w/CleanSweep - XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
PM to you McClod.

I use the Amazon Seller App to scan products, Flow sometimes. One thing I have yet to do is add a new product to Amazon, meaning I only have sold stuff that is previously listed. Passed on some good deals but I was thinking if the product is not on Amazon it must not be a good seller. Still need to buy some barcodes for older stuff I need to send in but taking it one step at a time... I would guess about $300 profit from the $500 sold but will get better. Here is my storefront and much more should be listed soon. I sold out of a lot of stuff!

Blue Rosebuds @ Amazon.com:

McClod

Jun 14, 2013
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the machine is in gear now. Just registered on amazon today, haven't listed, shipped, or anything. At this stage I'm learning how to use the amazon seller app on my cell phone. Struggling a bit with it but that's to be expected since I just started today. I have tons of books I can scan at home just for starters and practice. Getting more exciting!

PS: I'm not sure yet how to even find the link to my store front, nothing in it yet anyway.

Last edited:

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Eagle101. That is a very professional website! My question, please, is when you input the ISBN number, does it automatically upload a stock photo of the book? What do you do if it an antique with no ISBN number? Again, very impressed and thank you for any response. I sell on ebay, but I might give this a whirl!
Apush

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread