America’s Trade Debts Lead to a Likely Gold Confiscation

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
This is somewhat alarmist in nature, but if this happens, we will all have to start goose-stepping around, shrieking "HEIL BUSCH!"
::)

Posted Sunday, 2 December 2007

Federal agencies have indicated that the accumulated trade debts of the United States have reached $9 trillion. This can be explained once one realizes that outsourcing of production jobs and manufacturing has gathered speed over the last twenty years to a point where we don’t make more than a nominal percentage of our own necessities. These debts result in accumulated “TRADE DEFICITS” which are discussed in the daily papers. What is not discussed, however, is how these “trade debts” will ever be paid. Well, common sense would tell most of us that — they will be paid in some form.

Recently posted in the Federal Register on the internet were regulations listed under the caption of The Patriot Act . . . . At the end of 17 pages you will find legal definitions for “bullion coins” and “rare numismatic coins.” Strange how the definition of these forms of gold would show up under 17 pages of regulations pursuant to the Patriot Act having to do with identification of persons boarding and de-boarding aircraft and a multitude of other topics. Once you analyze the situation, it becomes obvious that these regulations were published in this manner, so as to keep the information from the general public and avoid suspicions of confiscation and the resulting objections.

WE BELIEVE THE REGULATIONS WERE PUBLISHED IN THE EXPECTATION OF A SECOND CONFISCATION OF AMERICAN PRIVATELY OWNED GOLD

The purpose of the confiscation is clearly to settle America’s trade debts in an acceptable form. Keep in mind that Central Banks end up with all of the trade debts via bank deposits in dollars, or, Treasury Bonds, dollar denominated, with no guarantees against loss due to deterioration of the value of the dollar. Since the dollar has been in a constant downtrend as most Americans realize, Central Banks should not be expected to take all the losses on these transactions without complaint. Indeed, there are complaints and we believe the complaints have reached fever pitch. Central Banks no longer wish to accept dollar-denominated assets in payment of trade debts and are demanding American gold.

There is really no other logical mechanism for them to accept payment. Today, silver is not a monetary asset and neither are any of the other metals such as platinum or palladium. Only gold can be used for settlement of debts between Central Banks.

“No,” you say! . . . . Such a conclusion is unjustified. If so, then we ask, how is it that 30,000 retail jewelry stores have been forced to become registered with the Treasury Department over the last two years, since January ‘06, as indicated at their website at www.jvclegal.org. The Jewelry Trade Association required their members to purchase a “Patriot Act Compliance Kit,” all of which relates to registration — a form of licensing, obviously connected to one of their main lines of business: gold jewelry.

Why is it also that bullion dealers and gold coin dealers who do $50,000 or more in business a year have also been required to become registered with the Treasury Department as indicated in their printout of April 24, 2007, from their website. This particular, April 24th printout may or may not still be on the website, but we have copies from that date on file.

There is significant other evidence as well, including the recent confiscation of gold of an organization in Evansville, Indiana, The Liberty Dollar Group, which stirred up some concern about the use of paper money in the United States, and thus, the gentleman who proposed an alternative form of money was put out of business.

In addition, the U.S. Mint, the seller of extremely popular American Eagle series of coins has, as of October 15, at least, terminated all sales of American Eagle gold coins. By the time you read this, they may have changed their minds again, which, of course, can be reversed after a brief period. Their mint dealer network may or may not still have the American Eagle series coins in stock, but sooner or later, their stocks will run out and there will be no more gold available in this form.

It is our view that the definition of the antique numismatic coins, given in the Federal Register, indicate the one way to avoid the loss of all physical gold in your hands. The interpretation of the wording of the regulations can be taken differently by different people. Our interpretation is that coins that have rarity value at least equal to the bullion value at the time of purchase would logically be deemed legal under these rules. Since it is not likely that any further explanation of these regulations will be published, this is all we have to go on. Of course — they are not going to announce the confiscation date ahead of time.

We are frequently asked what our opinion is of the timing, and that is obviously difficult to say, but it would not be amazing to see the confiscation gold within the next twelve months of the extremely unpopular Presidency of George W. Bush. That means there’s only twelve months to go, if we believe that this evil act will be consummated during his term. For more information, contact us at Criminal Politics Magazine at 1-800-543-0486 or visit our website at www.criminalpolitics.com

Swiss Financial Services, Inc. Lawrence Patterson, CEO

http://news.goldseek.com/GoldSeek/1196605589.php

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Huh? It is Ron Paul who wants the US to go back to the gold standard! His proposal would do away with such things as credit cards or even 'credit.The US would go belly up for sure.It's been several months since he discussed his wishes at a Democratic gathering to submit legislation since then I haven't heard much.After I heard what he was preaching,I can't even look at the weirdo anymore.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could tell you Exactly what will happen in the
Next 12 Months, & it Started with a Comment made
this week.
But that would be off Subject
in so many ways I'll Just hope I'm wrong. :(

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Well, my opinion is that this article is bunk. A trade defecit isn't a physical debt. It means that we are importing more goods than we are exporting. China buying our bonds is troublesome, but us buying oil from Canada and mexico is not. Also, the U.S. mint is selling all the coins anyone would like to purchase. It may be difficult to buy 2007 gold coins right now, being it is DECEMBER. Sorry, but again this article is bunk. The sky isn't falling, the tooth fairy and Easter bunny aren't real. ;D

John

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Ron Paul has said that there would be a dual system, those who want to keep dealing in paper money can keep using that fiat currency and those who want to use gold can also do that.
The problem with the dollar is that the government is using a copy machine to keep making paper money and the more paper there is, the less it is worth.

vegas247

Mar 25, 2008
Portland,OR
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT/Ace 250/ X-terra70/ whites xl pro
The trade deficit will never be paid until the other U.N. countries pay their deficit to the U.S this Deficit is a number thrown around to stimulate or scare our econamy. the U.S has the largest amount of gold reserve in the world around 8,500 tons at any given time second to only Germany at around 4,000 tons I believe. These #'s are just off off memory. I highly doubt the U.S is going after anyones Bullion or anyones gold portfolio remember the I.R.S can not even get its money they had to hire outside credit recovery companies. You can lose your money in a 401k that's floating aroudn in the stock market but hard assets? No way

lou423

Dec 14, 2005
S.W. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro. Minelab. Fisher.
Some people believe that our gold reserves have been depleted.
There has been no independent audit of the gold reserves in Fort Knox in forty years.

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
lou423 said:
There has been no independent audit of the gold reserves in Fort Knox in forty years.

That's what's known as an astute observation.

Some people probably stand a better-than-average shot at being right.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Highmountain said:
lou423 said:

Some people believe that we never landed on the moon. Some people believe that JFK, Elvis, and Hitler didn't die when history said they did. Some people believe a lott of crap. Why exactly do we need an independent audit of our gold reserves? Did we timewarp back to the time when our paper money was backed by gold? If not, then what is the point? Sorry for being cranky, but sometimes it seems like I'm the only one not wearing a tinfoil hat.

John

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
blurr said:
Highmountain said:
lou423 said:

Some people believe that we never landed on the moon. Some people believe that JFK, Elvis, and Hitler didn't die when history said they did. Some people believe a lott of crap. Why exactly do we need an independent audit of our gold reserves? Did we timewarp back to the time when our paper money was backed by gold? If not, then what is the point? Sorry for being cranky, but sometimes it seems like I'm the only one not wearing a tinfoil hat.

John

John: The problem is that you haven't gone to enough trouble to carefully lay it all out so's we can all know what's crap and what isn't. People just don't know where to turn to get the straight and skinny on everything that might put them under a tinfoil hat by your standards [which, of course, is a major concern to them].

I'm sure you're a busy man, but you're doing humanity a disservice by not putting some guidelines together for the parts of the population you haven't explained everything to.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Highmountain said:
blurr said:
Highmountain said:
lou423 said:

John

John: The problem is that you haven't gone to enough trouble to carefully lay it all out so's we can all know what's crap and what isn't. People just don't know where to turn to get the straight and skinny on everything that might put them under a tinfoil hat by your standards [which, of course, is a major concern to them].

I'm sure you're a busy man, but you're doing humanity a disservice by not putting some guidelines together for the parts of the population you haven't explained everything to.

Uh,,, yeah.

John

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Well, Jeff left us with a cryptic commentary.

I'd like to hear his opinion rather than chase clues like the Gates family in National Treasure! ;D

National debt? Trade deficits?

They are only a tally mark as things in general go back and forth with the nip and tuck of normal commerce.

What IS disconcerting is that nat debt is growing enormously as is the trade deficit.
It means on the talley of things, someone is OWED a great deal.

If one crisis or other occurs, all markers are called in.

Chances are the 'debt' will be hedged in the back room.

...OK, fine... Usa doesn't have gold to pay this debt, the $ has no value to we folks of lower Slobovia where we have food shortages, so you shall accept X number of immigrants over the next 20 years and they shall be extended a X dollar credit line @ 3% upon their arrival in Usa. (There goes most the farmland in the Midwest!)
...And the yield will NOT be available for domestic consumption. It will go to lower Slobovia at market rate.

That's for starters.

I really don't think anyone wants to bother with searching out every double eagle ratholed away.
The LAND is worth FAR more than what it has produced to date.

I suspect the natural resources of 'public land' are being preserved for someone other than we who may set foot on it today. But then again, I'm just another paranoid schizophrenic.

Without doubt, I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.
Recovers Many Pulltab Relics

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
rmptr said:
Well, Jeff left us with a cryptic commentary.

I'd like to hear his opinion rather than chase clues like the Gates family in National Treasure! ;D

National debt? Trade deficits?

They are only a tally mark as things in general go back and forth with the nip and tuck of normal commerce.

What IS disconcerting is that nat debt is growing enormously as is the trade deficit.
It means on the talley of things, someone is OWED a great deal.

If one crisis or other occurs, all markers are called in.

Chances are the 'debt' will be hedged in the back room.

...OK, fine... Usa doesn't have gold to pay this debt, the $ has no value to we folks of lower Slobovia where we have food shortages, so you shall accept X number of immigrants over the next 20 years and they shall be extended a X dollar credit line @ 3% upon their arrival in Usa. (There goes most the farmland in the Midwest!)
...And the yield will NOT be available for domestic consumption. It will go to lower Slobovia at market rate.

That's for starters.

I really don't think anyone wants to bother with searching out every double eagle ratholed away.
The LAND is worth FAR more than what it has produced to date.

I suspect the natural resources of 'public land' are being preserved for someone other than we who may set foot on it today. But then again, I'm just another paranoid schizophrenic.

Without doubt, I am a pathological liar and a functional illiterate.
Recovers Many Pulltab Relics

For what it's worth, this pathological liar and functional illiterate figures what you've said makes plenty of sense. The national debt and the trade deficit are just two sides of the same coin.

The trade deficit represents a debt incurred by the citizenry to pay for foreign products they consume in a currency the suppliers of those foreign products believe has equal value to the debt. That could be products manufactured here, raw materials, commodities, or real estate we own. But for every rubber monster toy, US flag and patriotic bumper sticker a Chinese worker sweats over, for every gallon of petroleum coming out of the Middle East for US consumers, something of equal value from the US has to go back there or the system eventually collapses.

The national debt isn't that different, except it's citizenry borrowing by proxy through elected government from somewhere, then loaning it back to themselves in the form of salaries and services. Fairly simple a person might think until he examines the mystery of why it's run as long as it has.

As a citizenry we've borrowed and gone on a wild spending spree for more than half a century. When someone insists we pay up by giving up anything we have of value they'll be entirely within their rights. Gold, real estate, whatever it takes.

It's difficult to concieve any way it won't happen. All a matter of when.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
What do you think this is? A free world? When was the last time you heard of our government doing something that someone else wanted? What was that? We agreed to stay out of Iraq? Yeah right. So when the Central Bank of China says they want their entire debt satisified just to collapse our economy what do you think our Congress is going to do? Confescate your gold, melt it down and give it to them?!?! Are you insane? They won't do that. They will broker some other form of payment or they will just say, "you will get it when you get it".
Do you know how much money from Saudi Arabia is in American banks, funds, and exchanges? Enough that if they decided to pull it all it would collapse our economy. Do you think our government will allow them to pull it? Fat chance. If you have a lot of gold, and are that worried that our government is going to bend to another, go get yourself a fire safe, hide it in the basement and put your gold there. Then the govt wont know you have it, but when China invades us, their troops are going to kill you and your family and then steal your gold.

blurr

Jun 7, 2006
Minnesota
Skrimpy said:
What do you think this is? A free world? When was the last time you heard of our government doing something that someone else wanted? What was that? We agreed to stay out of Iraq? Yeah right. So when the Central Bank of China says they want their entire debt satisified just to collapse our economy what do you think our Congress is going to do? Confescate your gold, melt it down and give it to them?!?! Are you insane? They won't do that. They will broker some other form of payment or they will just say, "you will get it when you get it".
Do you know how much money from Saudi Arabia is in American banks, funds, and exchanges? Enough that if they decided to pull it all it would collapse our economy. Do you think our government will allow them to pull it? Fat chance. If you have a lot of gold, and are that worried that our government is going to bend to another, go get yourself a fire safe, hide it in the basement and put your gold there. Then the govt wont know you have it, but when China invades us, their troops are going to kill you and your family and then steal your gold.

A great majority of what foreign governments invest their money into our government is in the form of bonds. Ever have a savings bond as a kid? Ever try to cash one in before they mature? If you haven't, they pay pennies on the dollar. Let China cash out, it would be a boom for us. No henny penny, the sky hasn't fallen yet.

John

ZenAgain

Nov 2, 2007
Fort Polk LA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Land Star, White's DFX, Bullseye 2
Skrimpy said:

Anyone ever attempting an invasion of the United States of America is gonna have a hard row to hoe.

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
ZenAgain said:
Anyone ever attempting an invasion of the United States of America is gonna have a hard row to hoe.

My point. I was correlating it to the government confescating gold from peoples safe deposit boxes.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
OK Blurr, the sky's Not falling, the sky's NOT falling!

There, I said it...

It's like dropping the frog in the pot of water and THEN turning up the heat.

I THINK the American revolution was fought over a level of taxation that amounted to about 5%.
It was considered to be FAR too high.
How could anyone survive at that rate?

And look where they've got us now...
The power to tax is the power to destroy.

It's said the exercise of taxation is much like plucking feathers from a goose.
You want to get as much as you can with the least amount of squawking and snapping.

I just read of a southern US city that can no longer make it's maintenance payments on the sewer bonds that have been sold. The amount of the penalty payments were obscene! So that means housing taxes MUST go up for those nice people even though the value of their homes has dropped drastically and work has generally slowed down as all other costs are going up.

The sky may not fall, all at once, but somethings gonna hit the fan.

One of my favorite doom and gloom people just said today, that we're probably NOT going to drop off a cliff.
They have said, now... the pie will be smaller, for years to come, much smaller.

I'll tell 'yah, as a construction worker, my slice has gotten REAL small!

Best to all,
rmptr

Highmountain

Mar 31, 2004
New Mexico
rmptr said:
OK Blurr, the sky's Not falling, the sky's NOT falling!

The sky may not fall, all at once, but somethings gonna hit the fan.

One of my favorite doom and gloom people just said today, that we're probably NOT going to drop off a cliff.
They have said, now... the pie will be smaller, for years to come, much smaller.

Best to all,
rmptr

A few years ago Britain and Italy were on the brink of bankruptcy. Somehow they muddled through and probably they're no worse for the wear today.

If the US Government is forced to tighten up the belt and eliminate a few thousand government programs and a few million government salaries, quit giving pay raises to government retirees, deactivate a few military bases and Army Divisions and quit fighting foreign wars the sky won't fall. If it has to quit giving grants to major universities, and states the sky won't fall. If it has to quit finding ways to flood money into local education systems, tribal reservations, the sky won't fall. It the grants stop to local and state law enforcement the sky won't fall.

Maybe the result would be this country would return to manufacturing products to sell here instead of importing them, just so's to put all those ex-government employees to work doing something.

Heck, maybe that's what the sky looks like when it falls.

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
From one functional illiterate and pathological liar to another, that's a pretty reserved assessment.

But thanks for sugar coating it! ;D

I'm glad you're up there on a high mountain in NM and can tell us if and when the sky DOES begin to fall.

...I just looked at a fellows statement from his retirement fund...
He lost 10% of his money from last statement, to this one.
It itemizes about 20 different money market funds they have diversified in.
ALL lost money except for two.

This crummy scenario is going to be hardest on elderly retired folks living on fixed incomes.
They worked all their lives, invested in a plan they had every reason to believe in, and now it has little value.
Many have their homes safely paid for.
But the taxes and city bonds, and other new levies could put them in the streets.

Now that the greenies have chased much manufacturing offshore, the air is clear, sun is shining, and the sky probably won't fall.

It might be the other way 'round...

What's below, could be raised!

Best to all,
Recovers Many Pull Tab Relics

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread