OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hadji009 i dont know if the tree is outside the triangle, the triangle iam referring to are two stones that are shaped like a triangle with there points touching, that a shadow figure is pointing to,that i have a photo of that was take from far away on another ridge. i want to get up there to photo it close up to see if it has some small drill holes on those stones. i found that shadow pointer at another site about 2 miles away,but its only pointing at a single triangle stone,but it looks like the same person did both sites,so i want to try and see if its the same work. i believe that stuff is much newer than the other stone work. in other words, the the spanish or other people came along,seen this older stone work,rolled up in there,raided it,and did there mapping of it. thats just a guess on my part. now iam going to try and get up in there,raid it,and put my own spin on things. and 100 years from now the cycle will go on. just my thoughts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did find another horned skull cap in another mountain range, much larger,i guess around 100 feet high,one horn is shorter,or i may have photographed it at a bad angle throwing it off. but i believe its very very old . i dont want to post it at this time yet. maybe one of the guys that study the ancient stuff will give some thoughts on the horned skullcap. id be interested in hearing there thoughts.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i tell you this, there is some very powerful mojo on the way up to this ancient turtle, on my first attempt i got about 3/4 of the way up there,then these black clouds came in with freezing cold air and rain, i was under dressed for it and didn't want to get caught up there in that storm,so i turned and left,i got about half way back down,then it cleared up,nice sunny sky's. on my second attempt i only got about 1/2 way and i started to get sick,but i pushed on,then i got real sick, like a nervous sick,like what i thought was like a heart attack sickness i guess, but with no chest pain, i was soaking wet with sweat,i got my pack off and layed down under a mesquite tree,thinking, well this may be it for me,i may become one of the sprites watching over this place. i keep saying iam going back down,i wont go any further up, i finally recovered and was able to head back down. i may have to take a different route,or some how make peace with them. there's a group of stones that you pass thru with some really strange carved figures, like a whole family group. it reminded me of that Robert Redford movie, Jeremiah Johnson when he went threw that Indian burial grounds. i will say this, theres no mule trails going thru there, just a foot pass. you can see where the mules loop up around on the other side of the canyon. bad mojo there.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I did find another horned skull cap in another mountain range, much larger,i guess around 100 feet high,one horn is shorter,or i may have photographed it at a bad angle throwing it off. but i believe its very very old . i dont want to post it at this time yet. maybe one of the guys that study the ancient stuff will give some thoughts on the horned skullcap. id be interested in hearing there thoughts.

Hi Dog. I've been giving the horns some thought and you might want to consider them as bull horns, that is if you think the horns were placed or fashioned by man. You know I chase Phoenicians and the bull is sacred to that culture and is especially associated with their goddess Astarte who is often shown with bull horns on her head. Her shrines were usually placed on high places where they could be easily seen. You might want to do a little research to find out if this place is by a junction of old east-west and north-south trails. Also it looks like the horns might be placed facing east-west, is that right? I have seen a big shadow bull right above a big turtle whose body consisted of a mound of rock and dirt about 40 feet high. What it means, I don't know, it's just similar to what you describe.

Merry Christmas.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Dog. I've been giving the horns some thought and you might want to consider them as bull horns, that is if you think the horns were placed or fashioned by man. You know I chase Phoenicians and the bull is sacred to that culture and is especially associated with their goddess Astarte who is often shown with bull horns on her head. Her shrines were usually placed on high places where they could be easily seen. You might want to do a little research to find out if this place is by a junction of old east-west and north-south trails. Also it looks like the horns might be placed facing east-west, is that right? I have seen a big shadow bull right above a big turtle whose body consisted of a mound of rock and dirt about 40 feet high. What it means, I don't know, it's just similar to what you describe.

Merry Christmas.

I forgot to tell you, that shadow bull I mentioned, I haven't been able to figure out how they set it up. I'd like to do a thread on how they set up several big shadow signs where I am. I figured out an owl, but I haven't been able to climb up to the bull for awhile.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Merry Christmas.
Hi mdog, yes i do know that you study the ancient stuff,and thank you for your thoughts on the horns. yes i do believe they where carved by man, and yes they are facing east/west, so is the one that is in the other mountain range. and i do think there is a trail that runs north south,+ east/ west. but i think they are made to be seen on the north/south route. i know you expressed a interest before in the location of some of this work,to help with your ancient routes network, iam going to send you a pm.
Thanks
Merry Christmas

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The horned skullcap that is much larger,that i haven't showed a picture of. there is also a very large single horn there, like a rino horn,the horn curves back towards the north.

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
area of a ancient chair you can sit in, facing due west,the stone chair is very comfortable, and you can watch some beautiful sunsets,to feel at peace,as the sunsets towards your home land. View attachment 1096607

OP
OP
D
Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to my my left is a giant turtle made out of stones,with its head supported by smaller stones, its unreal how much work they did to get all those stones there, then to lift the massive head stone. i found a very usual green stone there, natural cooper? i dont know, havent found one since.

Hitndahed

Dec 4, 2014
Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ7 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have some rock sculpted left by who ever that I need some identification. I will post one item at a time and see what I can learn from all all our great members here. I would like to know who, why, what it is used for , and what date you think it was made. Heck make fun of it, as I have no answer as to what it is. Thanks.

View attachment 1054417
======================================================================
I see attempts by some hunter/gatherers at using "local" stone for points and tools. But what gets me about this image is the drilled hole looking thing at the right rear,, well actually centered. Iif this was my find,, I would carefully,,, and I mean very carefully take a closer look see. This has the appearance of a pretty early rock shelter, unless the "cave" actually goes farther than shown. As far as age,,,, its the desert man,,, could be 200 or it could be 2500 years. Shards and or images on the walls/ceiling could provide a clue. Was there any soot on the ceiling? Any evidence of habitation?

justinmc

Dec 5, 2006
That's a cool shadow look to the right at the cactus. Looks kind of like a bird or Eagle or Phoenix. Probably just natural ��But looks cool anyway.

justinmc

Dec 5, 2006
That's a cool shadow look to the right at the cactus. Looks kind of like a bird or Eagle or Phoenix. Probably just natural ��But looks cool anyway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread