Another 10 Wilver Day!!

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Hello Everyone,

I went out turf hunting today with Jon(Goldenapples) and Mike(ratman). Neither I nor Jon had ever been to this area of Griffith park before. I was so surprised to find so many good signals. It was lots of fun. Some wheats/wilvers were only 3", while others were down past 9". I dug my deepest merc today: a '27 at 9.5". It was next to an old pine tree. There was 4" of mulch, and 5.5" of dirt til I saw the shiny coin at the bottom. I also found a '36 Buffalo nickel, which was in the same hole as an early wheatie. Some other items were a copper bracelet with arrows around it...the maker's mark says "copper bell". I ended the day with 10 wilvers (6 mercs, 4 rosies), along with 25 wheaties. It was a great day for all of us. We all scored wilver. Let's do it again, guys. Thanks again, Mike for the info on this location. It was well worth it. See you there tomorrow...

Thanks for looking,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_2001 (1500 x 1125).jpg
    IMG_2001 (1500 x 1125).jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 789
Upvote 0

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
Congrats on todays hunt Dan. At this rate you'll hit 700 wilvers or more by years end for sure. PM me and tell me where your hunting in G Park now. Best of luck, heck, you don't need any luck you've got that Minelab zerroed in on wilver. HH Dan

Desertfox

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That has got to feel good!

Nice ring and bracelet too! That bracelet looks old school!

Congratulations, Captn!

Ridley

Ratman

Jul 2, 2007
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic day bud .... ;D

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great day.

10 is the magic number. Its what we aim for in scrappies. :)

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice going Dan, glad you had a fun day.

Nat

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Dan,

Once again, I am "without words" after looking at all of that wilver. You are truly a metal detecting sensation. In my years of detecting, I have never seen a single dude have amazing numbers like you do...heck, and this is 2007. I would like to get in a time machine and go back to 1968...you would be just as amazing. But, I don't think one would need much skill back then. Dude, in 2007, you have SKILL and it shows!

Keep pillaging the ground of all that wilver! Just remember, find it before someone else does.

KirkPA is proud of ya, buddy!

KirkPA

P.S. Here is a song about your skills:
Insert: "But, It's something about the way you datect tonight. Takes KirkPA's breath awaaayy." LMFAO :D

R

RUDY2003

Excellent diggs' captn!
What about the ring? Is it silver too?
That park holds some secrets......

Keep safe...

OP
OP
Captn SE

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Thanks, guys!!

Rudy, I'm not sure what the ring is made of, but it's not wilver. Might have been gold plated at one time.

Kirk, you're right...."Mr. Wilver" was a close relative to me... ;D I was born with special datectin' skills for sniffin' wilver from the ground....the Asian babes also dig me.... ;D :D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Captn_SE said:
Thanks, guys!!

Rudy, I'm not sure what the ring is made of, but it's not wilver. Might have been gold plated at one time.

Kirk, you're right...."Mr. Wilver" was a close relative to me... ;D I was born with special datectin' skills for sniffin' wilver from the ground....the Asian babes also dig me.... ;D :D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

You better believe it, Dangerous Dan!

Those Asian babes dig men with skills. ;) :D

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice haul Dan. I gave the settings a try yesterday and did pretty well with them. It seemed to improve the signals in my test garden and out in the field I went back and forth between fast/deep both on and fast/deep both off. It seemed to be an equal split so I will keep experimenting with that aspect.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread