Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find Folkert!! I would love to find one before I leave. :)

OP
OP
folkert

folkert

Feb 10, 2004
Germany
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero Germany
I found it on a local field which has produced many finds dating from Bronze Age (about 1200-800 BC) up to WW II. The coin was nearly lying on the surface, about 4 ins down.

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice find Folkert, Celtic is on my wish list! HH, Mike

SolomonKey

Jul 1, 2006
UK
Detector(s) used
GSM-19 Overhauser
triskele2.jpg

The triskele, or triple spiral, a symbol closely related to the triquetra, is a tripartite symbol composed of three interlocked spirals. The spiral is an ancient Celtic symbol related to the sun, afterlife and reincarnation. The example above comes from the Neolithic "tomb" at Newgrange, where it is supposed by some to be a symbol of pregnancy (the sun describes a spiral in its movements every three months; a triple spiral represents nine months), an idea reinforced by the womb like nature of the structure. The symbol also suggests reincarnation- it is drawn in one continuous line, suggesting a continuous movement of time.

Triskeles are one of the most common elements of Celtic art; they are found in a variety of styles in both ancient and modern Celtic art, especially in relation to depictions of the Mother Goddess. They also evoke the Celtic concept of the domains of material existence- earth, water, and sky, and their interrelations.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Congratulations those old coins are really impressive. So much history. Keep postin em Folkert love those ancient finds.

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread