Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime.. UPDATE on class ring, owner found!

U

umrgolf

UPDATE! The 1977 Conestoga High School Class ring that Josh dug yesterday has a great ending! With the help of T-net user cntrydncr, we were able to locate the owner and Josh just got off the phone with him! He was ecstatic to hear that the ring had been found and believes he lost it sometime in the mid 80's.. very cool! Anyway, Josh will be meeting with the gentleman tomorrow afternoon and looks forward to returning it and snapping a couple photos with him :headbang:

Hi T-net! Returned from my trip to Missouri on Tuesday and have been itching to dig up some VA dirt :laughing7: Today was awesome! Without a doubt, one of the best days for Josh aka {Sentinel} and I :thumbsup: First, Josh scored his first seated dime today, so check out the video.. You can hear the "seated excitement" in his voice :headbang: :headbang: HH! Jeff ... Josh would like to add a couple lines

What's up guys. Yes as Jeff said, we had a another great day and I dug my FIRST Seated Dime :headbang: :wink:
I've dug Seated Quarters, halves... but never a dime... NOW, I can wipe that off! :wink: We included the video below to show you our finds right after we dug them in the field. Enjoy: :wink:

On to the finds-

1875 Seated dime, General service coat and cuff buttons (our first digs of the day)
PICT0025.JPG

1875 dime at home before cleaning
IMG_0316.JPG

Back
IMG_0317.JPG

Buttons (Eagle A coat button, 2 GS coat, GS cuff, Indian Wars Coat)
IMG_0326.JPG

Dime after cleaning
IMG_0329.JPG

back
IMG_0330.JPG

Washington Arsenal Fired 3-ringer (star in base)
IMG_0331.JPG

1977 Silver class ring side 1
IMG_0332.JPG

Side 2
IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

Initials
IMG_0337.JPG

Group shot
IMG_0343.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDEO

1863 IH and 1875 seated dime
IMG_0348.JPG

vayank54

Silver Member
Oct 11, 2009
Northern VA
Detector(s) used
Whites Blue Gray & Tesoro Cibola
Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDEO

Wow a great day in anyones book. WTG

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

killer finds!!!!!!!!!! MR TUFF

Gator-Flea

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2007
Where the grass is blue
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Good finds.........

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Another great post of good finds golf ! Thanks for taking the time on the video and post ! MaineRelic

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDE

Thanks guys.. Feels great to back in VA diggin w/ Sentinel!

jmaryt

Feb 6, 2007
Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDE

umrgolf2000 said:
Hi T-net! Returned from my trip to Missouri on Tuesday and have been itching to dig up some VA dirt :laughing7: Today was awesome! Without a doubt, one of the best days for Josh aka {Sentinel} and I :thumbsup: First, Josh scored his first seated dime today, so check out the video.. You can hear the "seated excitement" in his voice :headbang: :headbang: HH! Jeff ... Josh would like to add a couple lines

What's up guys. Yes as Jeff said, we had a another great day and I dug my FIRST Seated Dime :headbang: :wink:
I've dug Seated Quarters, halves... but never a dime... NOW, I can wipe that off! :wink: We included the video below to show you our finds right after we dug them in the field. Enjoy: :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y82s1Gva5Y

On to the finds-

nice ring!..m.j.r. initials!..hmmmm!//did ya attempt to locate the owner?

(h.h!)
j.t.

1875 Seated dime, General service coat and cuff buttons (our first digs of the day)

Back

Dime after cleaning

back

Side 2

Initials

Group shot

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jmaryt said:
umrgolf2000 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-y82s1Gva5Y

On to the finds-

nice ring!..m.j.r. initials!..hmmmm!//did ya attempt to locate the owner?

(h.h!)
j.t.

Back

Dime after cleaning

back

Side 2

Initials

Group shot
..hmmmm!//did ya attempt to locate the owner?

Well, being as I just dug the ring Yesterday.....No; I haven't Tried to contact the owner yet but I definitely AM or exhaust Every avenue to TRY to. :wink:

Kyle PA

May 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000

The J-Team is the best team on VA soil! :notworthy: You guys are kickiing some major buttocks in the '10 season! Your year-end posts are going to look killer, I tell ya! :headbang:

Kyle

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

More loot for the pile! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

KylePA said:
The J-Team is the best team on VA soil! :notworthy: You guys are kickiing some major buttocks in the '10 season! Your year-end posts are going to look killer, I tell ya! :headbang:

Kyle

Thanks Kyle.. Good to hear from you. I haven't had much T-net time here in the last couple weeks ;D Good luck to KKC if you guys are getting out this weekend.

Iron Patch said:

Thanks IP :thumbsup: Hope you get into some more silver soon :headbang: Im on a spanish slump myself

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2000 said:
KylePA said:

Kyle

Thanks Kyle.. Good to hear from you. I haven't had much T-net time here in the last couple weeks ;D Good luck to KKC if you guys are getting out this weekend.

Iron Patch said:

Thanks IP :thumbsup: Hope you get into some more silver soon :headbang: Im on a spanish slump myself

Don't see much digging in the near future so you won't be seeing it from me. Your Spanish slump won't last long because it seems to pop up quite a bit there. :thumbsup:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

WTG Jeff. Your streak may just go from Spring into the Fall relic season with the F75. HH, Quindy.

Butler

Feb 19, 2009
Northern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac; X-1 Probe; Brain!

WOW! That is surely some old ground you are hunting!! In fact I think you missed some stuff so you should go back!! Congrats man!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D trip back home .. continuing the J-Team streak !! Aren't U tired of having to much fun ,yet :tongue3: . Great array of eye ball poppers !! :o :o :o Congratulations out to Josh , on the first Seated dime :headbang: 8) CMDdawg

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
WTG Jeff. Your streak may just go from Spring into the Fall relic season with the F75. HH, Quindy.

Quindy, don't know if you read through the whole post but that was my First Seated Dime....That's cool, it's Friday and you're probably gearing up for the night life tonight. :icon_thumleft: :wink:

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

{Sentinel} said:
VOL1266-X said:

Quindy, don't know if you read through the whole post but that was my First Seated Dime....That's cool, it's Friday and you're probably gearing up for the night life tonight. :icon_thumleft: :wink:
No night life here Josh-just the car race. Congrats on the dime. I read that but could not believe that was your first seated dime as I know you have dug many hundreds of relics including old coins. I found a 1854 dime in a cav. camp locally, a 1887 dime near a local ferry site, and a 1876 quarter just across the hill from that dime. It's like an arrowhead, the best time to find one is when you are looking for somnething else!!! HH, Quindy.

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

VOL1266-X said:
{Sentinel} said:
VOL1266-X said:

No night life here Josh-just the car race. Congrats on the dime. I read that but could not believe that was your first seated dime as I know you have dug many hundreds of relics including old coins. I found a 1854 dime in a cav. camp locally, a 1887 dime near a local ferry site, and a 1876 quarter just across the hill from that dime. It's like an arrowhead, the best time to find one is when you are looking for somnething else!!! HH, Quindy.

Yep, I've Dug A TON OF COINS and even more buttons and relics.....including MANY Seated Quarters and even Halves....but for some reason the Seated Dimes have elluded me.....although I have dug several silvers that were "Slugs" that could've been Seateds but were too worn to tell.

Indeed, it was the last thing on my mind....I'd just dug an Eagle A and several bullets at the last site we were at and this was a new site and had already dug some musket balls when I found it.....but was NOT expectin it from where it was dug... :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread