Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime.. UPDATE on class ring, owner found!

U

umrgolf

UPDATE! The 1977 Conestoga High School Class ring that Josh dug yesterday has a great ending! With the help of T-net user cntrydncr, we were able to locate the owner and Josh just got off the phone with him! He was ecstatic to hear that the ring had been found and believes he lost it sometime in the mid 80's.. very cool! Anyway, Josh will be meeting with the gentleman tomorrow afternoon and looks forward to returning it and snapping a couple photos with him :headbang:

Hi T-net! Returned from my trip to Missouri on Tuesday and have been itching to dig up some VA dirt :laughing7: Today was awesome! Without a doubt, one of the best days for Josh aka {Sentinel} and I :thumbsup: First, Josh scored his first seated dime today, so check out the video.. You can hear the "seated excitement" in his voice :headbang: :headbang: HH! Jeff ... Josh would like to add a couple lines

What's up guys. Yes as Jeff said, we had a another great day and I dug my FIRST Seated Dime :headbang: :wink:
I've dug Seated Quarters, halves... but never a dime... NOW, I can wipe that off! :wink: We included the video below to show you our finds right after we dug them in the field. Enjoy: :wink:

On to the finds-

1875 Seated dime, General service coat and cuff buttons (our first digs of the day)
PICT0025.JPG

1875 dime at home before cleaning
IMG_0316.JPG

Back
IMG_0317.JPG

Buttons (Eagle A coat button, 2 GS coat, GS cuff, Indian Wars Coat)
IMG_0326.JPG

Dime after cleaning
IMG_0329.JPG

back
IMG_0330.JPG

Washington Arsenal Fired 3-ringer (star in base)
IMG_0331.JPG

1977 Silver class ring side 1
IMG_0332.JPG

Side 2
IMG_0335.JPG

IMG_0336.JPG

Initials
IMG_0337.JPG

Group shot
IMG_0343.JPG

Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDEO

cntrydncr1 said:
Awesome finds!! Not sure which of you found the ring but I think I found the owner! That HS is right near where I live in PA.

Hey CntryDncr, I dug the class ring and it was actually the very first signal that I dug. Why do you say you think you've found the owner? There's only initials and I haven't taken the time just yet to look into it as I've been out diggin all day today but if you have any info as to who it might be I'd be more than interested hearin it!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDEO

Nice hunt, :icon_thumright:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CMDiamonddawg said:
;D trip back home .. continuing the J-Team streak !! Aren't U tired of having to much fun ,yet :tongue3: . Great array of eye ball poppers !! :o :o :o Congratulations out to Josh , on the first Seated dime :headbang: 8) CMDdawg

Thanks Dawg :D ;D :icon_thumleft: :wink: Yep, it nice at this stage of the game to still get a first...this is just one type of coin out of the tons that I've dug...that seem to have eluded me until yesterday. And to answer your question

HECK NO!!!! ;D :D :D :D :D :D

We're NEVER tired of having TOO MUCH FUN!!!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :wink: :wink: :wink: :D :D :D :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

Re: Another Great day!- 1875 seated dime, 2 fatty IH's, buttons, bullets w/ VIDE

4-H said:
Well you boys just had a "field" day!

Nice

I think that's a compliment :D Thanks man :thumbsup:

OP
OP
U

umrgolf

cntrydncr1 said:
Awesome finds!! Not sure which of you found the ring but I think I found the owner! That HS is right near where I live in PA.

Thanks a bunch! Josh was able to locate him and is returning the ring tomorrow :hello2:

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks CountryDancer , for ur help ! Hey PM me ...i'd like to know...as well as Mr. Reed, how exactly you found him. Did you track his initials down through an old yearbook?
love ta know!!!

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
Great finds, good hunting !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! ;D :D

Thanks Mud! :icon_thumleft: :wink:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread