Another New Texan

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I have been reading the site for a few years and finally decided to join. I used to hunt a little back in the 80's, I had an old White's detector. I found a few old coins, but nothing special. Life got busy with college, career, family etc. and now I am getting a little more free time. Most free time is spent with my Wife. We both ride motorcycles, street, dirt and the track. We are planning to retire in 6-8 years and plan on moving to the coast. The coast of where is the biggest question. I have been researching Bonaire, Belize, Boca de Toros - Panama, Florida and even the Texas coast. We are both divers. Hurricane prone areas are definately influencing the decision making process. I see the positive - more wrecks = more treasure. She sees death and destruction. I thoroughly enjoy reading the forum. I don't currently have a metal detector, but will probabaly purchase one within the next year or so. It will be doing double duty - land & sea. Thanks for having me.

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from New Hampshire!

HH,
Anita

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Colorado, MPH200. If by 'new Texan' you mean you just moved to Baja Oklahoma, it is not too late, and there is still hope for you, if y'all haven't unpacked yet, MOVE NOW! Any other state. (There's a nice one across the Red River) Just kiddin. If you're in a position where you can research and maybe locate wrecks off the coast of Tejas, by all means go for it! Best of luck, and be careful.

OP
OP
MPH200

MPH200

Oct 26, 2012
Austin, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Welcome from Colorado, MPH200. If by 'new Texan' you mean you just moved to Baja Oklahoma, it is not too late, and there is still hope for you, if y'all haven't unpacked yet, MOVE NOW! Any other state. (There's a nice one across the Red River) Just kiddin. If you're in a position where you can research and maybe locate wrecks off the coast of Tejas, by all means go for it! Best of luck, and be careful.

I graduated from Oklahoma State, so I have done my time in OK. Born & raised Texan here, just new to the site. There are quite a few wrecks off the Texas coast, but our laws are so restricted you can't recover anything. If it is in the water & over 50 years old - it stays put ... unless the state wants it. I have a copy of a map of Galveston Bay from 1856 that shows 4 wrecks listed. I am sure they are long gone due to multiple Hurricanes & the dredging over the years.

I am looking for a retirement area to spend my days hunting; preferably underwater.

Thanks for the welcome.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet! The islands would be a great spot to retire.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread