Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Too much! :laughing7:

This is the absolute truth. I read this thread and decided to create a photoshopped pic, or at least a pic with a caption of "the newest reality show" that takes place at the dump. So I'm looking through google images for at least 5 minutes and don't see much to use, but then I see a pic with a bunch of people standing on trash and think that will work. I then click on it and it's actually a freakin reality show!

?Survivor? in the rubbish - Salon.com
You have to be a sick person ...sick in the head to dig in a dump … You could catch any thing there...

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I knew someone that worked at the Goodwill and she told me that before they put anything out they have someone come in and look thur everything and they will pick out all the good stuff buy it first. So there is never really anything that will be high dollar for anyone else to get. She had told me that this person buys all the gold and silver very cheap and she also get name brand clothes for hardly nothing.

This is very true. My sister worked at a Goodwill for two years and filled me in on what happens in the back room. All antiques items are set aside. An antique dealer who is friends with the general manager gets to pick through everything first. Then they negotiate prices, and the items that the dealer doesn't want is put on the shelves.

Same happens for electronics and old video games. If you really wanted to get good stuff at these places you need to develop some kind of a relationship with the employees or their bosses. Otherwise you just get whats left after everything has been cherry picked. I'm sure not all stores are like this, but many are.

Making money the easy way is going to be hard these days because everyone is trying to do it. Scoring good deals at thrift stores, coin roll hunting, scrap metal collecting, you name it.

Jeremy S

Feb 27, 2012
God's Country
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250, AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I haven't watched TV in years, complete waste of time. I have never paid for cable either. I like the Walking Dead so I download episodes of that, the few reality shows that I have watched make me feel dumber.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread