Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"For a little added fun I'll bring my parrot along."

Can you teach the parrot to say " Ringy wanna smack?"?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's because you are as much if an idiot as the guys on the show.
How does what Jeff said make him an idiot? I understand why you think KG and Ringy are idiots, heck I would even understand you calling me an idiot, but Jeff said nothing offensive. :dontknow:

slider66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Nov 14, 2013
Treasure Coast Of Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab CTX 3030
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You get your own show on National Geographic channel then you can hunt in those place to!!!

Yes they are a bit kookie but it's TV and they are trying to show how "Fun" this hobby can be and hold an audience young and old at heart really.

The show is a GOOD thing for the hobby regardless of what anyone thinks about it ... and you even took the time to create and entire thread to talk about it anf give your thoughts... So YA, the show is working and is doing what it's suppose to do looks like good ro bad. ... "I'ts TV"!!!!

I for one get a kick out of the show and in 100% honesty I am ordering a new detector this week ONLY because I started watching this show recently (It just got me all fired up again and kinda reminded me how Awesomeness it was when I found silver and relic back in the day ... I detected over 15 years ago when I was young and got away form the hobby after a few years then after my daughter was born ... now that I'm older 15+ years later the one and only thing that got me pumped again to start going and finding treasures again was Diggers!!!

So just because you don't have your own NatGeo metal detecting show and have the clout to get into those areas where others can't ... Don't be Jealous!!!

It's a great little show and a Very good thing for the hobby ... respect it.

I agree with you. It is fun to watch and for sure does a lot of good for the hobby. What else could you ask for?

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
That show puts down every detectorists on this board.

It makes us look like idiots.

That's my issue.

I will do all I can to get the show cancelled.

May be a one man crusade... So be it.

Not going to sit back and do nothing.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude its not that bad, one show cannot ruin an entire hobby that's lasted more then 40 years. So you don't like it just don't watch it then

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the show shows excitement over rubbish. These guys at going ape **** crazy over round balls and pennies!

This show is not bringing the get rich quick guys to the table!

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
It won't ruin the hobby but it's already caused damage in my opinion… This hobby is about the hunt and the anticipation of a significant discovery. It's not about advertising for Garrett… Running, jumping, flipping, hanging from trees, etc.

A recent post from somebody here stated that he refused to agree with producers requests for staging finds, etc.… That person is a man of integrity and I respect him… I don't respect the characters on that show because their motivation is the almighty dollar...at the expense of their integrity…

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Except why would you stage a wheat penny? Why not stage flying eagles or at least rare wheat backs?

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm still trying to figure out why Jeff was called an idiot who happens to be a moderator. Pretty brave move I must say.

I think the show is good at getting a bunch of people into the hobby, which ultimately will ruin it. Let's face it many people coming into the hobby ARE idiots. Too many people running all over asking various levels of city and state personnel "can I go detecting in this spot with my new ATPro?" will wind up having total metal detector bans included in every parks list of rules.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully not. I watches hours of YouTube videos on how to dig and fill plugs before I even bought my detector

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
"I think the show is good at getting a bunch of people into the hobby, which ultimately will ruin it. Let's face it many people coming into the hobby ARE idiots. Too many people running all over asking various levels of city and state personnel "can I go detecting in this spot with my new ATPro?" will wind up having total metal detector bans included in every parks list of rules."

AMEN!!

shanemcn

Jul 14, 2013
The producers think that it would be boring unless they act like they found black beards treasure every 10 mins , it's been my experience that when I hunt in public places that people are always interested and someone always tells me they are thinking about getting a metal detector, and kids are always asking me what I am finding, so I think there would be a lot of interest without the antics and make it a lot easier to watch for me.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I think the show is good at getting a bunch of people into the hobby, which ultimately will ruin it. Let's face it many people coming into the hobby ARE idiots. Too many people running all over asking various levels of city and state personnel "can I go detecting in this spot with my new ATPro?" will wind up having total metal detector bans included in every parks list of rules."

AMEN!!

Why are you so quick to call people idiots that's not right at all, so the people who are just startimg in the hobby are idiots why I don't get it, you started in the hobby does that make u an idiot. You need to chill out man your goin way over board with this calling people idiots is way to far I dought in a real life situation in person ud have the u know what to say it to there faces, although online & in a reply I know ud say you would say it to there faces but there are a lot of big people in the hobby 6'4 200 something lb person I dought ud say it

raddoc

Mar 31, 2011
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
EXCAL...AQUAPULSE
Sorry if we are not your idea of politically correct… That's just too freaking bad!

I call then like I see them. I don't care who you are!

If you're going to act like an idiot on tv I'm going to call you on it… If you're going to post like an idiot I'm going to call you on it…

My two favorite sayings

"we are surrounded by idiots"

"There are a lot more stupid people in the world than there are smart… Especially when you're a smart as me "

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry if we are not your idea of politically correct... That's just too freaking bad!

If you're going to act like an idiot on tv I'm going to call you on it... If you're going to post like an idiot I'm going to call you on it...

My two favorite sayings

"There are a lot more stupid people in the world than there are smart... Especially when you're a smart as me "
..:laughing9:HA,HA,HA, HA,HA,HA,:laughing7: HA,HA.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if we are not your idea of politically correct… That's just too freaking bad!

If you're going to act like an idiot on tv I'm going to call you on it… If you're going to post like an idiot I'm going to call you on it…

My two favorite sayings

"There are a lot more stupid people in the world than there are smart… Especially when you're a smart as me "

MODS are going to call it like we see it too.......

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
WIN a FREE T-Shirt!

The contest rules are quite simple-

Screen Shot 2014-05-11 at 10.28.17 AM.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Raddoc signing up under new name to bypass a temp ban will only increase your timeout...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread