Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that I'm enjoying my retirement I'm having a good sort through my metal detecting stuff. Here's another Roman ring that I found a few years ago. I think it might be a Legionary Ring from the 7th Legion. (They served in Britain when we were invaded).
I'd be interested in any opinions on it.

Imagerrrrr1.jpg Imagerrrrrr1.jpg

Regards
Frank

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very very Nice! I'd say its a Roman ring, by what I've seen of them.

Upvote 0

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Roman Ring, I'm just not convinced that the incised lines are numerals. I think its a debased image/pattern or maybe someones initials, can't really be sure. Main thing is that it's complete!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pointing out to the member that offered to buy that only Charter Members can sell on forums here...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Frankyg

Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Treasure Hunter.
I didn't realise that and have PM'd the poster asking him to make me an offer! now that I know, I will respect the forum's rules and will not sell the ring.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Treasure Hunter.
I didn't realise that and have PM'd the poster asking him to make me an offer! now that I know, I will respect the forum's rules and will not sell the ring.

Frank what you do behind close doors via pm is your business as long as no one complains and it isn't posted on open forums..

Thank you for respecting our rules..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Frankyg

Frankyg

Jan 20, 2013
Isle Of Anglesey
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
GTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure Hunter. With charter membership can I advertise finds on these forums? I don't think I've ever noticed an advert.
Regards
Frank

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure Hunter. With charter membership can I advertise finds on these forums? I don't think I've ever noticed an advert.
Regards
Frank

What do you mean advertise, as charter member you can sell in our classifieds and you can post links to any auctions you may have running on Ebay or any other auction site.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread