May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was the last of 3 Roman sites that had been deep ploughed, it's by far the smallest & was probably cut in half by a modern track-way & thin wooded area. It only took me 3 hours 45 minutes & Cru'Dad 2 hours 45 minutes to cover the whole area. Although we have only ever had 1 Roman Silver off this site, I hoped my silver steak of 6 Roman Silvers in 4 outings would continue.......It didn't but we only expected 20 coins at best from this low yield site & the ploughed had doubled our expectations. It was however, our best average hourly rate this year; over 11 an hour.:metaldetector:

43 Roman Coins - Some OK ones that we can add to the farmers & our albums
Roman Pot Shards
Bits...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    328.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 79
Upvote 27
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One could only wish the bronzes looked like your recoveries Cru. For Colchester being what it was the soils aren't kind to the bronzes, for what you recover in one season surpasses what has been recovered in 10 years of all the teams hunting combined. :occasion14:
Put it this way a buddy says to me "What's this obsession in finding a cruddy old Roman bronze anyways, frigging things have no detail? Just a bronze disk basically, I'll take a hammy any day the week!'
Our soil here is terrible as well, its a pure numbers game. Plus loads of other factors.
We are obsessed with adding to the Celtic/Roman history of our locality, plus its what we have become good at finding. I have no clue how to find a good hammered site, other than try near to Churches.

btjbtj

Bronze Member
Aug 27, 2016
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro with NEL Big Coil DD. Garrett Pro-Pointer Plus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sooo many goodies, Cru! Congrats. -Lisa & John

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest: