Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I thought I would get in one more hunt before the ground totally freezes on me. Sunday morning it was 60 degrees so I decided I would definately hunt right after lunch. Well by noon it was down to 40 degrees and by the time I ate lunch...down to 37 degrees! Then the rain came so NO hunting. Finally decided today that I would blow off my training appointments one last time before the super busy season hits me at the ymca. ;D
It was very cold and also windy but you all know how it is. I wanted to hunt ...so nothing short of sleet or rain was going to stop me. I got close to 4 hours in before I just couldn't take the cold any more. I would have been very happy to end the season with just one more silver ....and trust me...I wouldn't have quit until I got one. :D
Well I ended up with four more along with 2 more injuns and 10 wheaties...so maybe I can sleep in peace over the long winter months. The merc is a 1919 and one of the injuns is a 1902. The other injun I'm not sure of.
Used a combo of the 6" Excelerator coil and the Minelab 1050 coil. Everything I dug today was 6" to 8" deep. I'll hit the same site next year with the 12" Excelerator and probably pull a few more deepies out.

Attachments

• coins40.jpg
    coins40.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 663
Upvote 0
OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Beep Goes On said:
Sweet! Happy winter daydreaming silverfreak :)

HH!
TBGO

Thanks Beep. I guess I can clean my coils and dust the machines this winter....while thinking of silver :'(

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice finds for sure.

I'd like to get a few more myself before it gets to cold. I've been out though some winters chiszeling the ground. I guess we'll see.

HH Jer

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Bryce, if that was your last hunt of the year, then you certainly went out on a great note!!!

You battled the cold, and had a day better than most!!
Guess you'll just have to sit back and watch a few more of my upcoming silver vids to get your fix!!

Any ideas how many silver coins you found this year?

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JerDfx said:
Nice finds for sure.

I'd like to get a few more myself before it gets to cold. I've been out though some winters chiszeling the ground. I guess we'll see.

HH Jer
Thanks JerDfx. I have a feeling I will be chiseling the ground myself in a few weeks :P

bootstrap vinn

Apr 25, 2006
Central Maine
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210x Fisher 1236x2 Fisher 1225x
Glad you got your fix man!! 15 inches of snow here last night so I guess I'm done except for an occasional warm day at the coast.Congrats again, Bootstrap

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captn_SE said:
Bryce, if that was your last hunt of the year, then you certainly went out on a great note!!!

You battled the cold, and had a day better than most!!
Guess you'll just have to sit back and watch a few more of my upcoming silver vids to get your fix!!

Any ideas how many silver coins you found this year?

Congrats,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Thanks Dan.
Yep...I'll certainly enjoy any and all videos you post so keep em' coming. I'm not sure how many silver I have for the year so maybe some time I can get a total. I know I'm thrilled with how I did the last few months though. Heck I spent the first 6 months not even being able to use the stock coil because of instability. I averaged 1 hunt per week which consisted of about 2 to 3 hours each hunt for the last 6 months...so I found quite a few goodies in that time. Your tips and suggestions really attributed to that so again...thanks.

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bootstrap vinn said:
Glad you got your fix man!! 15 inches of snow here last night so I guess I'm done except for an occasional warm day at the coast.Congrats again, Bootstrap
Thanks Bootstrap. Yeah...I'd say with 15" of snow...you're out of commission for a while :-\

t-bucket

Bronze Member
Oct 7, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
e-track- Explorer SE explorer 2 -
WTG Bryce,I was so bored over the weekend I watched Metal Detecting videos and you were out finding all the goodies.I hope to go this weekend if it is not snowing.I have been sick with a head cold.Great finds and good luck on your next hunt,I know you are not done yet you are having such a good year.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SF,
Very nice way to end the season. Congrats to you. You've had some awesome finds, including that 1919 Merc. That's an old sucker! Way to go.
-MM-

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t-bucket said:
WTG Bryce,I was so bored over the weekend I watched Metal Detecting videos and you were out finding all the goodies.I hope to go this weekend if it is not snowing.I have been sick with a head cold.Great finds and good luck on your next hunt,I know you are not done yet you are having such a good year.
Thanks G. I might get one more hunt in but I'm sure I won't find much because the ground will be frozen and it will take forever to dig. I usually spend all my time chiseling out the ground and wasting my hunt time.

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the Mercs :) I think they are one of my favorites! Your weather sounds like ours, what state are you in SF?

Brian in PA

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ModernMiner said:
SF,
Very nice way to end the season. Congrats to you. You've had some awesome finds, including that 1919 Merc. That's an old sucker! Way to go.
-MM-
Thanks MM. Mercs are my favorite too....well okay...seated's are my favorite ;D

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds, I'd really be happy with that if it were my last hunt for '07.

It's been quite a year, hasn't it? It really went by fast..when you're doing really well you just don't want to stop.

We'll have to find something to occupy our time now, and it's going to be a test of our patience this winter waiting for the ground to thaw out enough to resume our beloved pasttime.

Again, nice job on the coins.

Nat

OP
OP
silverfreak

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baspinall said:
Love the Mercs :) I think they are one of my favorites! Your weather sounds like ours, what state are you in SF?

Brian in PA
Thanks Brian. Im in IL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread