any info on pewter toys...

L

lancemxt2006

hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knew anything about these pewter toys and if any of them could be of some value.

i have been finding them pretty frequently throughout this hunting season and just don't know if they are better finds than i think.

the two at the bottom both came from my dads old house which sadly burned down about a year and a half or two years ago, but they both say made in USA and have serial numbers on them and i was wondering if those ones were a little bit more special because none of the others have any type of writting or stamp on them.

any info would be helpful...

thanks and take it easy, lance

Attachments

• pewter statues.jpg
    pewter statues.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 233
Upvote 0

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Wow! you got some collection going there :o I think they are real old, lead is the oldest, then cast iron, then tin, then die cast i think. any company marks on them?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lance, those are some REAL nice finds!

A few of them are worth some $$ for sure (the ones that are whole)!

That is stuff like we used to find 20 yrs ago & beyond around here & haven't seen/found since then in any quantity...

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
L

lancemxt2006

thanks guys,

no there is no company names on them that is the thing only the bottom two with the paint still on them say USA and have a serial number.

HH lance

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
The army man with the red boots.....I found one this past weekend. I thought they were just junk metal, nut it was suprisingly heavy. I will get some pictures posted.

Paul

rabajohn

Aug 10, 2005
Woodlawn, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & ole Tesoro Silver Sabre
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are great! they look really old. I found a horse once like the one you have. It was the front half. Hope you find more!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread