Anyone ever been spooked while huntin ?? Or any other time ?

Had any spooky experiences MDing or Bottle diggin' ?? Or other times ??

• Yep !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope !

• A little one time !

• Me ? Spooked ? Ha !

• I am use to it now ! I have seen many ghosties !

• Total voters

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Anyone ever been spooked while huntin' ?? Or any other time ?

Not to long ago i was hunting near a abandoned house with in a couple of barns in some back woods .The house and all had been grown over pretty badly The secada bugs were clicking away (which in itself is a very eerie ominous sound).It was from the turn of the century said the property owner.Its was quite the creepy place ! We had permission to hunt outside & inside the old place.It was very dark due to the vines and weeds over the windows.As soon as we went in i could feel something in there .Like eyes watching me ya know that feeling.Anyway the first thing i saw was old furniture from at least the 60's (probably abandoned then)it was all moth eaten.Then i saw a old picture of a baby lying on the floor.I picked it up and i swear i got those spooky chills !! I could feel a "presence" in that place,like someone had passed on there.There was still old clothing in the closet !The hub was in another room at the time so i ran in there with him !! He had a small box with some old stuff in it .I thought it be a good idea to high tail it back outside to the daylight !! and by god i did !! LOL .I will always remember that day ! I still have that pic too & other very cool old items .Including a NC college for woman book from the the 1920's .I can tell by their short flapper hair styles.Ahhhhh the roaring 20's my favorite decade. .A 1919 love letter,early 1900's mechanical valentine,a couple of old postcards & little cupids aid book
So tell the story of your creepy experiences !

Attachments

• FINDS1.JPG
    FINDS1.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,708
  • FIND2.JPG
    FIND2.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,702
  • FIND3.JPG
    FIND3.JPG
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,710
  • FINDS4.JPG
    FINDS4.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,715
  • FINDS5.JPG
    FINDS5.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,700

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Anyone ever been spooked while huntin' ??

Yes, I was doing an 18th Century abandond house earlier this year.

While I was digging a target, I kept seeing out the corner of my eye & hearing a Dog to my right Growling,(I had my Headphones on) But Every time I jumped & looked over. there was nothing there.

Don't remember what I dug that time, But the place was loaded with
Mason Jar lids, so it may have been one of them.

==========

I wasn't spooked by this too bad But, I was doing a Park.
The day after Labor day. I know this Because they were cleaning up there after the Hegins Labor day Pigeon Shoot.
and this Young girl (Maby 15, very Pretty) walking her dog,
walked over to me, and started Talking. I noticed right away
she was dressed down, 50's, 60's clothes. (There are alot of Amish,
Mennonites, etc. around here so old looking clothes on young girls
is not that unusual) don't remember the exact conversation, but it was mainly what was I doing, Does it really work, Can it find a small Locket.
After I said yes to this she pointed to the Swimming Pool And asked if
I searched in there, and I said Not yet. She say'd a "Long time ago" ? she lost a Locket in there. We talked a Little longer, and
she said where abouts she thinks it is. and I asked where she Lived.
She said accross the street and Pointed, But due to a Thick clump of
Trees, and the Distance to them, I couldn't see where. I don't remember IF I asked her, Her name.
All of a sudden she says, I have to go now. Her dog was way over by the Trees. and she took one or 2 Steps that way.
I then Looked Down at my Detector, re place my Headphones on,
and Turned to watch her Walk away.
She wasn't there. :o Nobody can run that far that fast.
I have no Doubt on this.

For the Record, I Do Not Believe in, Ghosts, or Spirits of Any Kind. I just can't Explain this.

the Spring of the Next year, I got permission to search the Pool,
and I'm sure you can Guess by now, I found half a Small gold Locket
in the area she said. I don't remember Depth for sure, Maby 5"
Age ? No Idea. Inside Reads :

1/20 18

Possably :
H.F.?.
under that

and :
GOLD P
under that.

the right side of all writing is worn off.

But I'm sure it is: 1/20th. 18K Gold Plated

Attachments

• Photozzz001.jpg
    Photozzz001.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,608
  • Photoxxxx001.jpg
    Photoxxxx001.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,584

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Reddielocks and Jeff of PA....great stories and I don't doubt you both had some sort of experience with the UNKNOWN. I do believe we are not alone, be they spirits, ghosts, or even aliens!!! :)

Jeff, you had a visitor of the past. That is way too cool!!!! Glad you were able to find her locket. Did you ever notice in the direction that she said she lived, a house? And if no house, have you ever researched to find out if one was there and who owned it? Oh, that would be an awesome project to do!!!

Reddielocks...those are some nice finds you have there. I just love that old stuff of the past like that. When I run across items of that type, I love to research it. Is there any writing on the baby picture? That love letter is too much...what a flirt he was...saying she will get a kiss from him, if she asks...geez...men LMAO ;)

HH.......Annmarie

PS: no exp while TH'ing...just had my own in my own home....Come see "George" anytime you wish ;) (or hear him...he's nice!!!)

PS (again): Mighty AP....come here...I'll hold your hand.....they won't hurt you :);)

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III

My oldest son and I were exploring the basement of an old resort that had burned. Much of it was stone and brick and most of those parts were still standing. We were taking pictures when we began hearing childlike music and singing. We went up both sets of stairs listening, but the sound could only be heard in the basement. We both got big ol chills. There were false walls and all kinds of creepy things under this big resort. This place dates back to the 1880's. He still has the video and the singing can be heard very faintly in the background on it. I haven't listened to it again! Still gives me chills :o

Rich

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Area She Lived has houses dating from 1900 to 1970's

Red Spot on Map is about where we were in the park

Attachments

• schuylkill_outside_SCHESRI22124219210397.jpg
    schuylkill_outside_SCHESRI22124219210397.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 1,557
OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

That little girl may have drowned there & lost the locket then.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Interesting.....well, if you say she pointed towards the trees and beyond those trees was the road...she said she lived across the street.....I would say she lived on S. Good Spring Rd, in one of those houses near the tree area within the perimeter of the park.

That would be interesting to research the home owners that lived there in the 50's and 60's and to see if anyone lost a young girl (in death). And maybe, just maybe, if anything could be found....someone would have a picture of her and then you can determine if that was the girl you saw that day.

WOW...sure wish I lived closer. I am a full member of ancestry (dot) com...but I don't have access to the 50's and 60's census. No one does yet....infact, not until 2012 will the public have access to the 1940's census...so waiting for that to become public access (I'll find my parents on that one :)).

I could, however, search the 1930's census for that street / area and get some ideas of who lived there. Could be possible whomever lived there in the 30's could have lived there in the 50's..same family.

Too bad you didn't get her name....but really glad you found her locket. This pool....are we talking like a public swimming (cemet) pool or a swimming hole that folks call a pool? I would assume cemet one, based on the 50's and 60's time frame. Swimming holes, other than country areas, were pretty much of the past, other than lakes....but I could be wrong on the description of the pool (I was wrong once before, back in 1965 ;)).

Anyways, would be happy to see if I could locate anything....it would be interesting to try and find the identity of the young lady. :)

Hope you do the park again too...maybe she will come back.

HH.......Annmarie

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

I very much believe in ghost ask the hub.My grandma (i was raised my grandma & grandpa) Patted him softly on the head one night while he was watching TV ! She told him good job then disappeared. ;D Only thing is she had been gone for 4 years ! :o He was only seen pictures of her because she was gone before we met.Harry isn't one to make up stuff he's a serious fella.Now tell me that isn't spooky ? But grandma always looked after her little chicks . ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's a Cement Public Swimming Pool.
No Idea on age. The Building is Dated 1970
in the Tax Records, But I swam there as a Kid.

I search that park at least 5 times a year.
and although I keep Wishing She'd come Back,
This was in about 1990.
don't know If I'd recognize her again,
unless she's still the same age walking the Dog, & stops
to have the same conversation over again :P

As I said I don't believe in Ghosts, I just can't Explain this.

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Ron and Ann said:
Reddielocks...those are some nice finds you have there. I just love that old stuff of the past like that. When I run across items of that type, I love to research it. Is there any writing on the baby picture? That love letter is too much...what a flirt he was...saying she will get a kiss from him, if she asks...geez...men LMAO ;)

I do research too.The baby picture is what they call a real photo postcard.Someone there had made from thier baby.No writing on it.The love letter is a trip ! :D I just love old hand writing ,it so fancy.I have a couple of letters from 1855 & 18?? can't rememer the other date.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Jeff........Well, don't know what info I can get access too...but I'll see what I can find from my end...I still find this quite interesting :)

Reddie....research that land and home and find out who the owners were...you may find out who the baby is. That would be so cool and what would be even nicer...finding out if that baby still lives or maybe a child or grandchild and give it to them...I know if someone found a baby pic of my grandparent, I would be so tickled pink!!!

And children are so intuned with the deceased (as well as animals, but they can't tell us what they see). They see things that we as adults can not, for the most part. If we could only see through the eyes of a child...what a wonderful world we would see. My youngest son was the first to meet "George"...it did scare him...he was about 3 and not soon after we moved into this house. I don't know who "George" is, don't know if previous home or land owner or maybe a relative...but the way he described him..it was male. My youngest has seen him a few times, my oldest boy has only seen him once. My dau has had her tv turned on and off. She would leave her room and leave her tv on and come back and it was off and no one was in there. We hear footsteps upstairs..all wood floors, but noone up there. Alot of other unexplained things that have happened and I do know the difference between my house settling and a noise I can't explain!!! We just told "George" he was welcomed to stay...from time to time...he lets us know he's still with us. I do know this house was built in 1965 and the land prior to these houses being built was owned by one family for approx 75 years. Family that owned it was BELL. Haven't researched further at this time. Where our house is, is approx where the ol' barn was. It's so interesting putting metal detecting and genealogy together (with a side of ghostly visits :)).

Rich in Texas...that is pretty creepy....sounds like you encounter someone who DID not want you there.

Next time ya'll visit these areas, if you go again...take pics....you would be amazed what you might find :)

HH........Annmarie

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Maybe we can get some pics of the old place soon .Soon as i get the nerve too ! :D I will post them on this thread when i do.

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Theres a certain name they call taking items from a abandoned place but i can't remember what it is.Anyone know ? Something about a curse on the items ?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TALISMAN OF DEATH moo hahahahahahaha

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

Not while hunting, but while exploring creepy places with my cousin when i was younger, we went to many abandoned or creepy places, and many times would find people there which spooked us...

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

JakePhelps said:
Not while hunting, but while exploring creepy places with my cousin when i was younger, we went to many abandoned or creepy places, and many times would find people there which spooked us...

If i were to see anyone in any of the places we go i would completely and totally freak ! Thats why i always carry my wood baton stick.Its one from the 1920's in which the cops carried and its very thick.In case someone trys something' ya know ??

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Reddielocks said:
JakePhelps said:

If i were to see anyone in any of the places we go i would completely and totally freak ! Thats why i always carry my wood baton stick.Its one from the 1920's in which the cops carried and its very thick.In case someone trys something' ya know ??

Reddie, I have one of those...got it from a box I bid $5 bucks on at an estate sale. I only wanted the box for the picture frame that was in it. Got old ivory crochet needles and a hand made tat needle with writting on it. And the batten, in very good condition was in there!!! All wood!!!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

About eleven years ago ,a girlfriend Helen and I got permission to hunt 'The Crazy Mans "property. For years,this old character had come in and out of the small town where I was living,stopping at the local cafe and would tell unbelievable tales .Anywhere from that he was with the CIA and was personal bodyguard to Roosevelt to the fact that he had a UFO landing strip on a lake behind his home. His property was at the end of a logging road about six miles from anyone and consisted of a two story run down house ,several sheds,old semitrailers,tons of old cars from the 30's. He had the entire property encased in barbwire with No Tresspassing signs and Keep Out was painted on everything. His wife had died years before and his children moved away. Far away.
One time he came into the cafe and had a envelope that he had put green fourleaf clover stickers on and said he had just received a letter from the Queen of Ireland....(Maybe DG can enlighten us here. ;)) and that we were to call him Lord Harry. He would greet new people and tell them he was the sheriff of the town. ::)
Anyway ,the property was about 80 acres and crammed full of everything a person could think of .When he died,his son from Chicago inherited it. He wanted nothing on the property and asked my girlfriends husband to bulldoze it.This was about five years after the old man died.My girlfriend Helen and I were in heaven....the son said we could take anything. The house was really scary looking,overgrown,but we put our fears behind us as we laughed about all the money we were going to make.
Half of the house was caved in ,wet and had alot of water and animal damage. It was dark,filthy and looked like a rotted mess. But cripes ....you cannot believe the stuff that was there. Old guns,one room(8x8)was just filled with cases of bullets,bullet reloading supplies,knives,sabers,huge artillery shells.The house was crammed with dishes,BlueWillow,pottery,china ,silver,old German pitchers and wine mugs....antique furniture,dolls,toys,sheet music,jewelry...you name it ,it was there. We knew a guy that owned a auto yard, so we had him come pull the cars out of the yard. The semi trailers were full of auto books,parts,tools. We found cast iron toys ,lead soldiers,and old army uniforms. Police badges, and surprisingly a photo album full of Roosevelt in the Whitehouse days.
It was like hitting the jackpot. The area was very wooded and dark with all the trees.You had to wear boots and basically wade through paths in the house to sort through stuff with a flashlight. Dark damp and smelly. The girlfriends husband would park his trailer out by the road and we would pack it,then he would take the load home for us and bring back the trailer.We had been working about four days straight ,laughing and just having a good time over our fortune. It was about five O'Clock pm and her husband had just left for home with a load and said he would be back in an hour. We figured during this time that we would check out the back sheds. When we were done,we went back into the house and to start carrying boxes to the road. The shadows were really looming in by now and we were both getting a little jumpy. I started to lift a box that I had set on the staircase,when I saw a shadow on the steps. I looked up and at the top of the stairs I could see the shadowy outline of a man. I just froze.Helen looked at me and then at the shadow. Just then this raspy voice whispered down the steps....Christtttty :o......Thats when we both wet our pants.... It always took me a good ten minutes to wade from the road to the house , but I can tell you I covered that distance in about 10 seconds and kept running.Helen, who is about half my height outran me. By this time the old road was casting shadows and I was having a heart attack from running. We stopped about a half a mile from the house and we were both shaking so bad we couldn't talk. Then we started laughing. Fear probally . Just then we saw the lights and ran up to her husbands truck. He told us later we were so white and we were both talking so fast he couldn't understand us. He got us in the truck and drove back up to the site. We followed him back in like stick tights. We heard banging and clanging at the top of the stairs and Mike called up there. Thats when we heard hysterical laughter and stomping feet come down the steps.Helen and I tried to bolt,but not before Mike grabbed us by the back of the neck.Here it was his two brothers ,who had parked farther down the road and snuck into the house. They hadn't known that Helen and I were in the back and when they whispered down the steps my name they were just trying to see if it was us ....they said as soon as they heard the screaming they knew it was.
It was funny later...but not that day! Even after eleven years everytime I see one of the brothers..they say 'Boo"
I have often thought about going back and metal detecting that property and this story jogged my memory enough that I just might.
We found no money in that house ,but it had stood empty for five years after his death,so who knows who else went inside.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread