Anyone ever been spooked while huntin ?? Or any other time ?

Had any spooky experiences MDing or Bottle diggin' ?? Or other times ??

• Yep !

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope !

• A little one time !

• Me ? Spooked ? Ha !

• I am use to it now ! I have seen many ghosties !

• Total voters

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2
Re: Anyone ever been spooked while huntin' ?? Or any other time ?

Come on folks tell us your tales of terror ! Or almost terror ! ;D Keep this thread going.Don't be afraid !

T

TreasureTales

mountainman 2 said:
No Treasuretales,not the way this door slammed.it shook the walls. believe me i tried to rationalize this.There WAS something standing there and it wasn't friendly.

BIGFOOT??? Oh, wait, that's another thread. Nevermind.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

These are things that have happened in our family...not while detecting. Not really ghost stories, but close.

My sister passed away from a blood clot when she was 33. It was the result of a horse riding accident. There are several thought provoking things that happened. First, she had a dream of her death a few days before it happened. It was, for all intents and purposes, an exact portrayal of what actually happened. When she died, four things occurred.

Our mother witnessed a bright glowing blue rod in her bedroom for 10 seconds or so (these "rods" have been sited throughout history).

Our cousin, who my sister was very fond of, was sleeping and had a dream where she heard a knock on the door, got up to answer it, opened the door and there was my sister...she just stood there and smiled...then our cousin woke up...she thought the dream was real.

One of my sister's close friends had a dream that she actually went with my sister part way to her "destination".

I was at work (lumber yard in Marthon, FL) early in the morning. I knew my sister was sick, but no one thought she was in danger of dying. I was the only one in the yard and I was going through the 1x2's when I got a sense of death...it was so strong that I said outloud "death is all around me". Within an hour my boss came out and told me that my sister had passed away.

All these things occurred at the same time.

Another string of events occurred before my wife passed away. She had a blood disorder (ITP) that was diagnosed a couple of years before, but her blood counts came back and we thought we were in the clear. Then, one morning, I came out of the shower and saw her sitting on the bed. It was so obvious that something had happened I said "What happened!" She reluctantly told me that she had an experience where she was told that she was going to die. Eventually, I got the whole story from her. In the middle of the night she would find herself being sucked up through the ceiling of the bedroom (spiritually, not physically). She would find herself in a huge white open area with a bright light on the horizon and thousands of people slowly walking towards it. This happened a total of seven times. After a few times, she was getting a little irritated and talked to two people "up there". She demanded "What am I doing here!" They wouldn't tell her the first time she asked. On the next visit she asked again. One of the people, an older lady, reluctantly told her that all she could say was that she was "going to die before Chris does". The "Chris" is me. Her father had passed away six months earlier and we were going through some of his things and my wife freaked out...she was holding a picture of a lady who turned out to be a great-grandmother she had never known...it was the lady that had told her she was going to die.

My wife ended up dying from TTP (related to ITP), a very rare blood disorder, shortly after all this occurred. My mother documented it all in detail, and a lot of other happenings, in a book.

I do not doubt the spiritual side of life...I never have, but these experiences really showed me how powerful it can be.

TBGO

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Beep Goes On: First I wish to send to you my condolescenes on the passing of your sister and your wife. Your story gave me chills, of the details you described that others as well as you experienced.

I had made a comment on Livetoplay's post about his day with his dad hunting an old 1899 Victorian home and noticed things in the pictures that, TO ME, seemed out of place. Anyways...JBot asked to see my pic, so I did this thread: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,46729.0.html

This is a photo I had captured of "GEORGE".

Well, I will just copy my #8 post of an experience we recently experienced (well, my little sister had)...

*START*
My mother died upstairs in my house back in March. We had the Father come over to give her ... her last rites....I do have this on video as well, as I had two siblings who were not here and incase they wanted to see her last rites being given.....but anyways....no sooner than the Father said "And Unto you Lord, I lift up my soul..."....Mom made this "ARRGH" sound and her tummy sunk in, her chest rose and then she relaxed. She did not move or make a sound before or after.

Then at 11:12 am on 23 March 2006, as I looked at the clock as Mom took her last breath....just before she took her last breath, my baby sister was laying next to Mom (more leaning on the bed) and all of a sudden she goes nuts (or whatever you want to call it). She was rubbing up and down her body, saying "OMG OMG OMG" and started crying. "I feel you Mom" "OMG OMG" "I can feel Mom". Actually, these two events really freaked me out. My sister, later, after getting her composure back said she could feel Mom coming through her. She felt so peaceful. You also have to understand my baby sis too...she has dreams that come true. I told her NEVER CALL me if she dreams about me!!!!

*END*

Back to "George". My father passed in Meriden, CT the day after Thanksgiving, 1998. His wife called us to inform us of his passing. My siblings and I went to his funeral. Mind you now....I have not seen my father in 25 years (his choice...guess when he and Mom divorced, he divorced us too...anyways). But, he was my father and I needed some closure (which I don't feel I really received), so myself and 3 of my siblings (one refused to go)...went to his funeral.

Upon returning home, stranges noises and such started happening in my home. I was living in my townhouse at the time. I bought it back in 1991 and never had any experiences in this home until I returned from my father's funeral. The one thing that really freaked me out.....my hubby and I were out for the evening. When we got home, the kids were put to bed and hubby laid on the couch watching some tv. I was on the computer, which faced the living room and the kitchen was behind me. Sitting there, the kitchen faucet comes on...not a trickle...full force. I sat for a second or two, frozen, afraid to turn around. I called out to hubby as to his location. He pops up his head up over the couch....ok? Now...who's in the kitchen??? Hubby goes in there and turns off the water....to this day...we don't know who turned it on.

Well, a few months later, March 1999, we moved into our current home. From the beginning, we have heard strange noises. Not knowning the house, could not say what the noise was. I just assumed house settling.

Well, the boys were napping on the living room couch and I was in the computer room. Where I was sitting, was an opening into the kitchen. Not an item was out of place and I hear what sounded like a someone dropped a cookie sheet on the kitchen floor. I sit for a sec before gathering courage to get up and look. Peek in the kitchen, nothing was on the floor. So I walk around, go into the living room and the kids sleeping or so I thought. I went back to the computer room and my oldest son (then aged 5) comes to me and asked if I heard that noise. So, I know I heard something.

Not too long after that...in the computer room, the boys and I were playing with the microphone, talking into it and I would play it back (they loved that...they thought it so cool that their voice was in the computer!!! LOL)...my youngest (then aged 3), heads back to the living room. No sooner than he turned around to go back in the living room, he runs back to me. And anyone who has kids, you know when your child is scared!!! The look in his eyes....he says, "Mommy, someone walked into the dining room." (From the front door is a straight walk into the dining room which leads into the kitchen and into the computer room, but you can also get to the computer room from the hall that leads into the dining room from the front door...). I get up and peek in the kitchen and see noone, walk around the other way and noone. I always lock my doors, even in the daylight, esp when I am home with my kids. (We did not have a locking screen door at the time, we do now :)). Anyways, I asked him what did the man look like. He said he didn't know. Asked him what he was wearing and he said nothing. He has seen him a few times since, but not as much now as he did when he was younger. Both my boys have seen what are referred to as "Shadow People" and I have seen it a few times (the shadows)....

We hear footsteps, like someone walking across the floor upstairs. All wood floors and no one is upstairs. We have had one light that turned on and off by itself and no one was near it.

We were going to have our house investigated by a team in VA (the same ones who did the doll...they were on Montel Williams one time...this doll was owned by a family in Chesapeake and the same team who did the home that was visited by a Civil War Soldier)...anyways, it didn't happen ... as I accepted a job that I travelled alot in and did that for four years, gave it up last year when Mom got sick. Anyways, so many "unexplained" things.

As for "George"....a part of me believes it may be my father and maybe he is with me, making sure I am ok, trying to make up for lost time. Also, when I was younger and lost my Nani in 1982 (she also died the day after Thanksgiving)....when I was troubled, I would always get this smell of her old apt bldg. She lived in NYC and the bldg she lived in had this smell to it. A good one and one that everytime I went into the bldg, I had a strong feeling of security, like I was safe. I have not had that smell in some time, so I guess things in my life are good :)....but sure wish she would visit me again :)

So, can I say I have had encounters from beyond? I don't have an answer for that, but in many ways, I would like to believe I did. I would like to believe that they are watching after me. Also, not soon after Mom passed away, I would get the smell of Gardenias (her fav flower)...guess she was letting me know she made it ok. There are other things too....but too many to really list...these are just the main ones.

Anyways.....the majority of us, at some point in our lives, will experience something that we just can not explain, whether you believe or not. I just hope they are good experiences for you all!!!

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

The Beep Goes On I am so sorry about your Sister & your Wife . :'( .I am sure they are watching over you and your family from heaven right now.

fldiver

Mar 12, 2006

OK I've got one, When I was a kid, about 8 years old, I was standing in our front yard and just got this sudden chill. Right then a man came from behind me, walked beside me stopped about ten feet away turned around and looked at me. He had a long beard and seemed to be dressed kinda funny to me...LOL. I didn't know who he was so I introduced myself and asked his name like I was taught. He just smiled at me, turned again and faded off. I FREAKED, ran inside and told my Mom I had just seen a ghost! She just said that i was imagining things etc... A couple of years later I was looking at some old pictures with my Grandma and saw this same man in one of the pictures! I immediately asked who he was and my Grandma told me it was my Great Great Grandpa. They had told me stories about him before, the main ones being that he was the only one of four brothers to come back from the Civil War, was one tough joker and died in 1915. I then showed the picture to my Mom and told her the story. Her response was "Well he's probably your guardian angel, good thing he's tough because he's got his work cut out for him." LOL

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

fldiver said:
OK I've got one, When I was a kid, about 8 years old, I was standing in our front yard and just got this sudden chill. Right then a man came from behind me, walked beside me stopped about ten feet away turned around and looked at me. He had a long beard and seemed to be dressed kinda funny to me...LOL. I didn't know who he was so I introduced myself and asked his name like I was taught. He just smiled at me, turned again and faded off. I FREAKED, ran inside and told my Mom I had just seen a ghost! She just said that i was imagining things etc... A couple of years later I was looking at some old pictures with my Grandma and saw this same man in one of the pictures! I immediately asked who he was and my Grandma told me it was my Great Great Grandpa. They had told me stories about him before, the main ones being that he was the only one of four brothers to come back from the Civil War, was one tough joker and died in 1915. I then showed the picture to my Mom and told her the story. Her response was "Well he's probably your guardian angel, good thing he's tough because he's got his work cut out for him." LOL
Holy Moly i would have freaked too ! Wow a real Civil War vet as your angel ! You are one lucky ducky ! Glad he's a tough too.Help ya out with bullies ! ;D ;)

OP
OP
Spitfire Reddie

Spitfire Reddie

Bronze Member
Jul 29, 2006
NC
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2

Thanks for adding your lovely George to the thread Ron and Ann ! ;D .Absolutely great story too !

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Reddielocks said:
Thanks for adding your lovely George to the thread Ron and Ann ! ;D .Absolutely great story too !

You welcome....he told me last night I better get him more exposure or he will be dropping cookie sheets at 3 in the morning....LOL (j/k) :)

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola

George sounds amazing. I'd love to meet him. I have a "friend" in my house, but don't know him that well. I just know it's a man. I have heard him alot, but only seen him once. Wish he would come out more often. My daughter Ashley, she's 9, knows him very well.

DM

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Digginman said:
George sounds amazing. I'd love to meet him. I have a "friend" in my house, but don't know him that well. I just know it's a man. I have heard him alot, but only seen him once. Wish he would come out more often. My daughter Ashley, she's 9, knows him very well.

DM

I'm not surprised of your daughter's ability to see him. Children have this awesome ability to see things, we as adult's can't or in some cases, don't want to see. And animals are the same way, only they can't really tell us what they see :(

Maybe you could give your dau a camera to try to capture a shot. It could be an ORB (which is not proven to be a spirit, but lots of ppl believe it to be a spirit. I debunk orbs myself.), maybe a mist or ecto-plasm might appear if he is there. Then again, you just may have the pic of the room. For some reason, digital cameras have the tendancies to pick up things that ppl assume is a spirit of sort, but it could be a reflection from a nearby light, the flash reflecting off of something. Not that it can't happen with normal cameras (i.e., 35mm)...but with normal cameras, the "expert" can determine if it was faked or real. ;)

There have been times, when the walking upstairs has been really annoying...I would yell up the stairs to tell "George" to keep it down...either sit or lay down!!!! He's not as active as he use to be, but should be picking up soon. He does seem to come around more in the Fall and late Winter/early Spring. I guess he takes Summer vacations too LOL.

Only because my son claimed it was a man, we assume it is and "George" just seemed approriate :). Does your dau know what his name may be, what he wears, does he have facial hair? I think, if you know a name, to call them by their name, if not, make one up that would fit the description she gives you.

The photo of "George", my sons' love to ORB HUNT (even though I have explained to them, that it does not mean they are ghosts or spirits, they still enjoy doing it :)). We were out taking pics around the house, in the yard, etc and that is how I captured "George" in the window. Then a few days later, we caught the "COMET", which I think that freaked me out more than seeing "George" in the window!!!

Anyways, if it does not scare your dau, have her talk about him. Have you ever done research on your home? It could be someone attached to the home or even possibly, just the land (be it a former homestead that was once there, or maybe a civil war soldier who died on the land, many possibilities).

Either way, enjoy him. If he had intentions of ever hurting anyone, he would have long ago. I don't mind sharing my home with "George", even though he acts like a kid at times.....:)

Would love to hear more about your new family addition :)
Annmarie

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

fldiver said:

OMG....that is funny, the last part what your Mom said!!!! :)

I have heard many stories like that, where kids have seen ppl and later on, find a family pic of the person they saw. That is more common than many think. I think it's cool you met your gr gr grandpa!!!

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have two more to tell one personally and one from a friend.The first was about 1981, I was still living at home, my parents were out for the day.The entire day the phone never rang.As I hear my parents pull into the driveway the phone starts to ring. My mother comes in and picks it up.Hello?Hello?She 's standing there with a blank look on her face.What's the matter mom? She says something like there was no answer but it sounded like it came from far away(I never asked her what she meant by that) Immediately after that the phone rings again. She again picks up. It's one of my Dad's family with the news that my grandfather just passed away. OK the second one.A friend of mine is sharing a bedroom with his brother.Beds on opposite sides of the room.He's watching the last temptation of christ and suddenly the lights go out. Something yanks him out of bed hard.He yells at his brother"MIKE!" Light come back on.His brother is still asleep in his bed.Then he looks at his arm.A long row of scratches on the inside of his arm.I saw the scratches.Definitly wasn't mike. By the way anybody watch 'Ghosthunters'?.I think they work out of Rhode Island.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

non hunting related story
many years ago about ten
i was asleep in my room in a basement apartment
being a young bachelor i had my dog sleeping on my king sized bed(ah the good old days)
it was 2 am when i fell asleep
after about an hour of sleeping or so
i woke up for no apparent reason with a bit of a start
about a second or 2 later so did my dog
we both kind of looked at each other like, HU?
then we both say "it" off in the upper corner of the room
the room was totally dark and the shades were down
up in the upper corner of the room just above the door there "it" was
IT was a vapor like misty cloudy orb not so much glowing but dimly lite
we both watched it slowly move across the room
from one corner to the other of the same side of the room
it took about maybe 20 seconds for it to make its trip across the room
while this was going on i kept looking at IT and my dog thinking
"what the hell is going on"
WE both saw it
the dog was following it with its head and me with my eyes as i kept looking at the dog
saying "well if she see's it I'm not dreaming"
the whole time i kept looking at IT and the dog so i know WE both were looking at the same IT
then after it happened we both looked at each other like ,HU?
the dog plopped her head back down and went back to sleep! LMAO
me i woke up and turned on the light looking around like WTF
and sat there on the bed then leaned over and woke her up and said"DID YOU SEE THAT?"LMAO
well come to find out a few months later
id told the landlord what had happened that night soon after and he kind of shrugged his shoulders "beats me"
well after a few months he comes down one day and says this has been bothering me since you told me i hope you don't want to move out if i tell you this
so I'm like what?
well about 5 years ago the people that lived here a couple the husband had died in his sleep in the room you sleep in!
OPPPPS
i wasn't worried if the hound didn't feel threatened then i figured y should i?

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

man i sure killed this thread

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

No, that's pretty cool Baron.

TBGO

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

;D

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We have soooo many ghosts. We moved to a farm about 10 yrs ago. My son was 6 at the time. He would see ghosts and of course was pretty freaked. We talked about it a lot and over the years he got used to them. He probably thought that everybody had ghosts. Here is just a sample of many stories. He was in his room late one night watching TV. We were a sleep. A young girl appeared and they had a long conversation. She died in a house fire. We aren't aware of any fires on the property. This was many years ago. A couple of weeks ago he and I were in the barn cleaning it up. About 11:00pm we took a break and went outside. Behind the barn, I got the feeling. You know hair standing up, kind of chilled. I didn't say anything. About 10 secs later he says "do you see that". It was really dark, so I lit my lighter. He laughed and said "that won't help". There was a 17 yr old boy standing next to the corral. He said he was the brother of the girl who had burned in the fire. He showed my son where their home was and we are going to do some digging and see if we can find it. We weren't aware of any older houses here. He told him about trading with the indians and where they had to walk to get water.

We have so many ghosts. They used to hang out in the living room, like they were having a party. I had to tell them to be quiet so I could get some sleep. I don't see them like he does, but I can feel them.

All this started even before we moved in. My wife was here cleaning and somebody yelled "is anybody here" she freaked and looked all around. No body there. Nearest neighbor is a mile away.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250

Rob in KS said:
We have soooo many ghosts. We moved to a farm about 10 yrs ago. My son was 6 at the time. He would see ghosts and of course was pretty freaked. We talked about it a lot and over the years he got used to them. He probably thought that everybody had ghosts. Here is just a sample of many stories. He was in his room late one night watching TV. We were a sleep. A young girl appeared and they had a long conversation. She died in a house fire. We aren't aware of any fires on the property. This was many years ago. A couple of weeks ago he and I were in the barn cleaning it up. About 11:00pm we took a break and went outside. Behind the barn, I got the feeling. You know hair standing up, kind of chilled. I didn't say anything. About 10 secs later he says "do you see that". It was really dark, so I lit my lighter. He laughed and said "that won't help". There was a 17 yr old boy standing next to the corral. He said he was the brother of the girl who had burned in the fire. He showed my son where their home was and we are going to do some digging and see if we can find it. We weren't aware of any older houses here. He told him about trading with the indians and where they had to walk to get water.

We have so many ghosts. They used to hang out in the living room, like they were having a party. I had to tell them to be quiet so I could get some sleep. I don't see them like he does, but I can feel them.

All this started even before we moved in. My wife was here cleaning and somebody yelled "is anybody here" she freaked and looked all around. No body there. Nearest neighbor is a mile away.

Now that is cool!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread