Anyone Use a Juicer?

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a Mehi Maija...[the name may be changed now.... steam juicer. And it makes the BEST!!!! juice ever. The juice come out almost as clear as water.. and taste absolutely marvelous. You cannot purchase juice that good. Mind you, we do have 27 apple trees on the property... as well as cherry, plum, peach, pear, etc. So the fruit is no problem. It is labour intensive.. but the end product makes it all worthwhile. We do have a Breville juicer as well..... but we use that for our salsas ans pasta sauces.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
LOL! I drink it as is... NOT sure of arse taste; wouldn't know... do YOU? ROFL. YET! You can get WILD BERRY flavored
AVJ at Vitamin Shop (BRAND) in local area or "on-line".
Arse is just a subjective word,lol. I've tried the pure aloe juice and maybe it was a textural thing but it was gross to me. I've heard if you use too much chia seeds it can be equally as gross so I'll start with just a few TBS.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad that it "works" for you, but I suspect that the actual percentage of aloe is small in relation to the other ingredients included in the health store offering.

Pure, 100% aloe doesn't sound like something to run through a juicer, which is what this thread is about.

Best,

Scott

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A friend of mine said that spinach and orange work together pretty well. She does a beet juice with a little knob of ginger throw in and a little Granny Smith apple too. Agave is a great sweetener but I prefer just a touch of honey.
Scott, these CoilyGirl offered sunds good.
I juice apples and carrots together. Add a squeeze of lemon or lime to keep the juice from turning brown.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Frankn,
I got mine at a thrift store, also. $10.

But I don't like the idea of the pulp. What do you do with the pulp?
Re-juice it? Throw it away?

I learned, (through Google research....if you can imagine that...:tongue3:)

that there are juicers that juice up even the pulp for added benefit!

Best,

Scott

pulp never killed anyone

LinkHylian

Dec 21, 2012
WA State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro + ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have MANY tips for you seeing how I am an avid juicer/smoothie for life fan. I've been a pescatarian for ages and I can't tell you how much it's helped my whole life out. Pescatarian is a V-Tarian but I eat fish as well.
When juicing, you will use an average of 5-10lbs of fruit PER DAY. Are you prepared for that?
When juicing you MUST clean/rinse everything out IMMEDIATELY afterwards. That sugary pulp will act like concrete if you let it dry.
My BIGGEST issue with juicing is that you miss out on Fiber. This is important and this is why you should just blend/smoothie instead of juice. The fibers, the pulp, the stringy stuff that makes up oranges and lemons and all of them goodies, juicing gets RID of that. Fiber is not stored in the liquid of fruits/veggies rather its stored in the actual fibers/strings of the fruit.
Blend instead, blend instead, BLEND. Make delicious smoothies. I drink 3 smoothies a day and they each contain the following:
One banana
One orange
1/3 lemon
1/3 lime
Scoop of organic pumpkin protein
Flax oil
Barleans Omega 3's
Olive Leaf Extract
10 pieces of spinach
A few pieces of broc/cali
Pro-Biotics in the form of delicious Greek Yogurt
Chocolate Chai Milk/Rice Milk/Organic Raw Milk(DON'T YOU DARE USE SOY MILK, DON'T DO IT. SOY CONTAINS MASS AMOUNTS OF ESTROGEN. IF YOU DO USE IT, USE IT SPARINGLY AND DON'T USE IT EVERYDAY, UNLESS YOU'RE A CHICK OF COURSE)
Good luck!!! Oh, and the longer you store it, the longer you wait, the more dissolved the nutrients will become.

On a side note- If you are eating food that doesn't eventually rot after time passes, you shouldn't be eating it!!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I'm glad that it "works" for you, but I suspect that the actual percentage of aloe is small in relation to the other ingredients included in the health store offering.

Pure, 100% aloe doesn't sound like something to run through a juicer, which is what this thread is about.

Best,

Scott

LOL! WASN'T suggesting to add Aloe Vera PLANT to "mix"; read my "post" again... LOTS of Veggies/Fruits are ACID! Drink AVJ to BALANCE pH! MY REFLUX/GERD came from too much ACID; was Vegetarian for @ 8 years; NOTHING but Veggies, Fruits... BIG problem with GERD... TOO much ACID in tummy/guts. Aloe Vera Juice ALONE, balanced it all out.

Last edited:

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,
I got mine at a thrift store, also. $10.

But I don't like the idea of the pulp. What do you do with the pulp?
Re-juice it? Throw it away?

I learned, (through Google research....if you can imagine that...:tongue3:)

that there are juicers that juice up even the pulp for added benefit!

Best,

Scott

I know you are NOT wanting to hear this but here it is...a juicer can be a good thing but it is a waste of money for the nutritional value you are getting from it....I would eat the pulp and ground up skin before I would just drink the juice..lol...this is a great life change..dont get me wrong, its better than not using one..lol but for life is a long time and I look at what you get from what is put into it...please dont take this wrong...

Eat the whole thing, save on the electric..lol

Dirt.Is.Good.4U

Nov 27, 2012
Nicholasville, KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have considered juicing after watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead on Netflix. As I have never been one that enjoyed salads and lots of veggies. My Dad has been trying it, good results so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LinkHy, has some good info there. I think it is David Wolfe that puts out or promotes that mega pulp juicer thingy.
Either save the pulp, add a little lemon or lime to preserve it, cook with it, eat it in cereals, or just throw it back into your juice.
Pulps is goods! Yay for the pulps!

Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food.

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have considered juicing after watching Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead on Netflix. As I have never been one that enjoyed salads and lots of veggies. My Dad has been trying it, good results so far.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I recently saw that in my Health and Wellness class and thought that there has to be more nutrition than all of the ramen I eat.

Best,

Scott

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! WASN'T suggesting to add AVJ to "mix"; read my "post"... LOTS of Veggies/Fruits are ACID! Drink AVJ to BALANCE pH! MY REFLUX/GERD came from too much ACID; was Vegetarian for @ 8 years; NOTHING but Veggies, Fruits... BIG problem with GERD... TOO much ACID in tummy/guts. Aloe Vera Juice ALONE, balanced it all out.

Are there probiotic properties associated with Aloe?

Scott

KarenD

Feb 15, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Scott

Not unless it's fermented or cultured.

Afterthought: Aloe juice/gel may be considered a prebiotic, or healthy food from which the probiotics feed. Whole aloe leaf is not, but is strongly purgative.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

Scott

NOT sure; I drink Dan Active (Vanilla) after getting up & eat yogurt (Pina Colada), before going to bed; THAT is where I get MY Probiotics from, EVERY day...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread