Appraisal of Coins

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
I have been lurking on this board for about a year or so but, have never posted until recently. My father is the executor of my grandmother's estate. She recently passed away and has a safety deposit box containing quite a number of old silver coins. They must be divided between the seven children............none of which have any knowledge of coins. My guess would be that they should be appraised. Does anyone know what this may cost (I am sure it would depend on the number of coins being looked at)? Could anyone recommend a reputable firm between Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio? Thanks very much in advance.

oldplacesnofinds

May 8, 2007
Bucks County , PA
Detector(s) used
Whites Quantum II Whites Spectrum
Most places charge a lot to do appraisals. Any coin shop will do it for free if you tell them you want to sell them. Of course they will give you a low number. I have been buying and selling coins for about 10 years but I live in southern PA. Best thing to do fast would be go out and get a redbook. It is a coin price guide that will give you at least an idea on if you have any rare dates. It only costs about $12. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread