Are you emotionally attached to your CRH silver?

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
When I started in this hobby, my plan was to find millions of dollars worth of silver, sell it, and invest in high yield dividend paying stocks, and retire early. ;D

I had originally set my sell price for my silver at $50.

Recently, I seriously considered trading my 40%ers for 90%'s.

Then it dawned on me...I can't sell my CRH finds.

You see, when I first started CRH, it was just me doing the hunting. Soon after I started, my 10 year old daughter started helping, and just a few months into the hobby, my wife has become a silver seeker too.

We almost always open our rolls together as a family, at the kitchen table, that is, unless, I just can't wait to open a few rolls in the car. This past weekend, I had to promise my little one that I would save 10 rolls of halves out of our weekly box for her to open, since she was at a slumber party at Grandma's house! Finding silver has become a fun activity for us, and we always yell "SILVER" really loudly when we find it. The little one made up a 'silver dance' that she performs, too, which is pretty funny.

So, as I seriously contemplated trading up and or selling my finds, it came over me. "I can't sell this stuff. I've become too emotionally attached to these coins."

As I look through the small stash, I see the Ben that I found with the little one on a late Saturday night, the two 40's that my wife and I got at a bank branch in the armpit of the big city, the Merc we found recently, the Roosie that the little one found in the first roll she opened, and the 64 Ken that the little one found and asked "Daddy, is this silver?" It is as if each coin we've found could tell a story about our hunts together.

FWIW, our silver stash is small. In fact, many of you found more silver in the month of April than we've found since starting this fun hobby seven months ago. I assure you, after 18 straight skunk boxes of halves, and $5100+ in straight skunk dimes, our silver collection is tiny!!!

Has anyone else gotten attached to their silver finds?

Am I crazy for feeling this way?

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Not at all. Although I would not sell my Franklin '55 in BU and my 1970 D halves. I would not say I am emotionally attached to them since they are inanimate objects, but they are kind of rare to find CRHing so I would not sell them.

Jim

cuttybce

Feb 16, 2010
Western PA
I'm attached to my best CRH finds like the solid dime rolls, any Mercs, or 90% half-dollars that I have found (especially the Franklin's and Walkers).

The only CRH finds to which I am not really attached are manky, bent dimes and the more common 40% Kennedy half-dollars. I sell those at shows and trade up for better stuff like Franklin proofs or Silver Eagles.

cuttybce

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread