are you related to someone famous ..........

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Clyde Barrow... Others less infamous that I'd have to ask about again, and a possible relation to Ernie Pyle. My relation to Clyde comes by blood, the Pyle relation(s) by adoption.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
pyledriver said:
Clyde Barrow... Others less infamous that I'd have to ask about again, and a possible relation to Ernie Pyle. My relation to Clyde comes by blood, the Pyle relation(s) by adoption.

Ernie Pyle was the man!

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flying ace in two wars.. William T. Whisner.
http://www.acepilots.com/usaaf_eto_aces2.html

also my hubby has American Indian blood in his family, one was a Indian princess and another was a chief..that one I will have to get off my hubby again..

Myself..unconfirmed as of now, Mary queen of scotts.. aka Mary Stuart..

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
One day I hope to do something so incredible insane that all my relatives will be
able to say they are related to me... LMAO..

Wait...

Was that famous or infamous?

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In tour case Jim I am sure it will be famous!

Son in law related to William deBruce somthin like that Will was the guy in Mel Gibson movie that wanted to kill Mel chacter

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
Roger Williams, founder of Rhode Island: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Williams_(theologian)

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
muddy waters in NC said:
af1733 said:
muddy waters in NC said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Adam and Eve.

That is right, Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve (just in case some are confused ;D)

Why did you write this? ???

I was just kidding. I will take it off if anyone is offended.
No, no, nothing like that, I was just curious. This is a place to write down your thoughts!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
af1733 said:
muddy waters in NC said:
af1733 said:
muddy waters in NC said:
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Adam and Eve.

That is right, Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve (just in case some are confused ;D)

Why did you write this? ???

I was just kidding. I will take it off if anyone is offended.
No, no, nothing like that, I was just curious. This is a place to write down your thoughts!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I will PM you

pegleg

Aug 9, 2008
Hell's Cotton Field- NC
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
I'm related to William Kidd a.k.a. Capt. Kidd on my mothers side. My wife's family claims legitimate kinship to Edward Teach a.k.a. Blackbeard on her mothers side. Our 2year old is going to be a spitfire when she grows up!!!

Gilligan

Bronze Member
Sep 23, 2007
Seymour Johnson AFB, NC
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD, Deteknix Scuba Tector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I should not have written that, I took it off. Bad joke, did not mean to offend anyone. :)

Pimp Lenin

Apr 4, 2006
The Great State of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
P.O.S.
I'm a genealogy fanatic.

My ggggg uncle was Rutherford B. Hayes, the 19th President of the United States.

Off the top of my head, I am a 5th cousin to Audie Murphy, and a 4th cousin some number times removed to Gen. James Longstreet.

Some of the more interesting family lines are on my mother's side. One line, the Cornwalls, traces back to a number of Kings of England, France, Jerusalem, and Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. Most are my grandfathers 20 times back or so. I'd have to dig out the paperwork to give you the exact details.

If you dig back far enough, you are probably related to these guys, too.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Pimp Lenin said:
I'm a genealogy fanatic.

My ggggg uncle was Rutherford B. Hayes, the 19th President of the United States.

Off the top of my head, I am a 5th cousin to Audie Murphy, and a 4th cousin some number times removed to Gen. James Longstreet.

Some of the more interesting family lines are on my mother's side. One line, the Cornwalls, traces back to a number of Kings of England, France, Jerusalem, and Emperors of the Holy Roman Empire. Most are my grandfathers 20 times back or so. I'd have to dig out the paperwork to give you the exact details.

If you dig back far enough, you are probably related to these guys, too.

Wow!! What a very interesting family tree you have!!! My family is new in this country...I am only 2nd generation born here (English, Irish and Danish), but 6th generation of my German roots. They came from Prussia. I haven't found anyone really famous on me, but my kids do on their fathers' side. My son's will be SAR soon, once paperwork complete and my daughter will be registered with the Miami Tribe of Oklahoma (one of her branches take her to The Turtle.)

Only thing that makes me sad about genealogy, are those who don't care knowning their roots (some in my family feel that way!).

I am hoping if I can dig further into my English roots, I will find a connection to royalty!!! :) One can always hope!

Oh ... one family story in my hubby's side is that they were suppose to be direct desendent's of Andrew Jackson. I told my mother in law that was not possible as he never had children of his own. The son he raised was his second wife's nephew that they took in and gave him Andrew Jackson's name. So there is NO WAY anyone is a direct descendent of him. She also has a bible in her possession that family folklore say was used for his auguration. I can't confirm or deny that....as I was not there. However, her husband's great grandfather was Abner Jackson...and having a time researching him. He may be the Andrew Jackson connection, but NOT direct!!!

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree Ron and Ann. I'm second generation to pick up the family history research. My great Aunt and my dad's brother both did extensive research.....before computers.

They went to the churches and cemetaries discovering who was who and from where.
They even advertised in papers about family reunions and more relatives came out of the woodwork.

I think it's almost natural for those of us into Md'ing. Research! Family Treasures. :thumbsup:

This is a good topic.
Al

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread