Attachments

• small11.jpg
    small11.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 1,104
Upvote 0

bean man

Sep 2, 2006
Central Iowa
Those are awesome CD! Your farm must be fantastic. Can you describe the area where most of your stuff was found? Without giving away your location of course. ;)

OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
bean man said:
Those are awesome CD! Your farm must be fantastic. Can you describe the area where most of your stuff was found? Without giving away your location of course. ;)

LOL Bean :) Well the farm borders on one of our NC rivers , Indian artifacts can be found over most of the 150 acres , but most found on two fields closest to the river. The one field that I love the most :) is hilly and rocky, with a mound in the lower part of the field. This with new powerful tractors and equipment has been almost lost to the eye. I however remember it clearly as a child and know just where it is and plus the crops do not grow well around the mound area. Here I have dug to find nutty stones and many scrapers as well as arrowheads. But just to walk this land is rewarding. Our neighbors on another farm have found remarkable artifacts > much finer than mine :)

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like a roadtrip is in order...you should host a camping/relic finding weekend! I'd be there in a flash!!!

OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
romeo-1 said:
Sounds like a roadtrip is in order...you should host a camping/relic finding weekend! I'd be there in a flash!!!

Romeo That would be a blast :) My brother owns the family farm now , although He likes to protect our huntings for ourselves I have other property that has not been walked very much at all. Our Kerr Lake area has been in the local news lately. Where the water level is so low > due to lack of rain , one man has reported finding a site where there are so many arrowheads that even he could not collect them all :)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful colors, CD. Very nice collection you have.

;) RR

OP
OP
CarolinaDigs

CarolinaDigs

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
North Carolina
TreasureTales said:
Very pretty things. Please do tell us, what kind of a tool is the pink oval rock? I have a gray oval rock that was found in a chip scatter that I think may have been used as a hammerstone. It is just the right size for holding firmly yet dexterously. I have not seen anything like it in my Great Basin Indian Artifacts book. It was the only smooth, ovoid rock to be seen in a very large area - several hundred square acres. It was not natural from what I could tell - appeared manmade to my untrained eye.

Treasure I really don't know that it is a tool. Here at the family farm I find alot of pink rocks :) I place this round one in the photo for color :) It is very smooth and has never been tumbled. I will pick up more and post them as they are really a pretty pink color :)

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection CD.
Top is a Guilford-Rhyolite.
Left 3 Kirks.
Bottom of the nutting stone a Big Sandy.
Under that a small milky quartz Hardaway.
Under that a Savanah River.
Couple of Morrow Mountains over the other side edge.
Guilford preforms bottom left.
Very nice, well done.

Molly. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions