Art Glass Perfume Bottle Signed, Dated, Numbered --By Who?

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 152

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Diggumup, that is some serious Black Belt searching. I've been sitting on this for two months, convinced that was an "L". I plodded through hundreds of Google images of "art glass perfume bottle" finding no "like" pieces. What in the world did you search for that popped Henry Summa over all the other glass artists? I am awed. Thank you!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggumup, that is some serious Black Belt searching. I've been sitting on this for two months, convinced that was an "L". I plodded through hundreds of Google images of "art glass perfume bottle" finding no "like" pieces. What in the world did you search for that popped Henry Summa over all the other glass artists? I am awed. Thank you!
This morning before work I did a quick google search and found the one I posted first that was listed as H.L. Marut. This afternoon when I got home I googled H L Marut art glass and that led me to the collector's weekly article I posted above (4th one down in the google results list). I was convinced it was an L myself versus an S. I got lucky, that's all. :notworthy:

OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
There is so much H. L. Marut out there and it ALL looks to be Summa's work. Did you originate "H L Marut", or find one online first? Either way makes a cool story.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is so much H. L. Marut out there and it ALL looks to be Summa's work. Did you originate "H L Marut", or find one online first? Either way makes a cool story.
I originally did a search using "art glass signed H L***" with the asterisks (no quotes) and those results are what originally led me to H L Marut.

JimDon

Silver Member
May 6, 2009
NC USA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excalibur, White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice piece

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta remember Digg's search trick.

It's called a wilcard. Using AND, NOT, and OR (boolean search) can further tailor results. For NOT you can just substitute a minus sign.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions