AT haters.

Im smiling when I write this.

What struck me as funny, is a guy who owns a AT Pro started this thread.

I was hoping for a funny response, but doesn't seem some AT Pro users are able to smile.

After a lengthy discussion with a current AT Pro owner, I have found the machine quite capable. But you AT Pro guys already know that. Since my Fisher is now made by First Texas that also makes Bounty Hunter, I thought for sure someone would point that out. The only flaw I would have with a AT Pro is I like to change coils, a lot. The o ring at the connector would pose a problem.

Now juicer, you go boom baby, like roundness in your hole dude.......those guys are really so stoned they are looking for their weed and keep finding coins lol.

Last edited:
The only flaw I would have with a AT Pro is I like to change coils, a lot. The o ring at the connector would pose a problem.

One of my main complaints is certainly Garrett's proprietary connectors. That just seems so greedy. Want to use headphones we don't make? Better buy our connector! Reminds me of Apple.

One of my main complaints is certainly Garrett's proprietary connectors. That just seems so greedy. Want to use headphones we don't make? Better buy our connector! Reminds me of Apple.
Might sound like greed, but the machines are tested and tuned at the factory with certain specifications. You start changing things on the Super Sensitive AT Pro and you will mess up the design. You don't need to worry about sharing now do you? LOL. I see it, you pay to play. Garret makes some da_n good stuff. I wouldn't call the o ring a problem, more of something to be aware of. My F75 makes the same tones as my vintage Bounty Hunter.........you don't want that in your AT Pro.

Would someone please put this thread out of its misery!

All Hail the bottle cap kings of the world. Will everyone please stand that doesn't own a AT Pro. All Standing please leave the thread. Now no one post to this thread.....lol.

I live in south dakota, im 25 minutes from mt rushmore..I would invite anyone who would like to see the presidents to look me up while they are here, ill take them to trashy, mineralized ground and have a friendly run what you brung shootout, ill have my at, but keep in mind youl have my youngest (9) swinging a cibola and me to deal with..so bring bandaids for your blisters from digging the parched earth..and tissues for later lol

It's not the detector that people hate......I think it's SOME of the people that that have AT's that get on the "haters" nerves.

I think the AT is a great detector- I almost got one. But some people that have AT's, go on, and on, and on, about them?!? It tends to bug people when a person never shuts up about how "their detector is the best" and " why did you buy that piece of crap? - you should have got a Garrett" etc....

I been swinging only like 2 months now, and I've even had to hear it already. It gets old.

AT's and SOME (not all) people who have them, are a lot like SOME of the people who drove new Mustang GT's in the early 1990's- "this is the best"- " it doesn't matter what you have , it sucks"- " you should have got this"- "my whatever is better than your whatever" and blah blah blah.

I think everyone should be happy with what they have..... OR..... try something different that a friend, or guy in your club, or acquaintance, or who ever has- Most people who are into this hobby are more than willing to let you check out their equipment.....If you try it and like it better than what you are swinging now, sell yours and get that.

Seems simple enough to me, no matter what brand it is. No one should give anyone else a hard time because they don't like another individuals choice of MD. And think about this- What if everybody on the planet had an AT, or F75, or E-Trac? You'd probably want something different- just for the sake of being different?!?! It's a ridiculous matter that goes to ridiculous lengths.

Well said dude...

I live in south dakota, im 25 minutes from mt rushmore..I would invite anyone who would like to see the presidents to look me up while they are here, ill take them to trashy, mineralized ground and have a friendly run what you brung shootout, ill have my at, but keep in mind youl have my youngest (9) swinging a cibola and me to deal with..so bring bandaids for your blisters from digging the parched earth..and tissues for later lol

Are you near where Laura Engalls lived? That might be some intersting detecting.

My at is black and silver, i think you may have mistaken the at for the ace series all along, those are yellow. I always found it best to have my facts straight before climbing up on my soap box, this would serve you well also. Soon it will be 100 degrees plus and ill be splashing around in the area streams and rivers looking for gold nuggets..a fun way to beat the heat for sure. Its hard for me to keep up with your negativity casca, if you were closer im sure we could work it out..keep your chin up and have a great day.

Seriously...after all the ads and pictures and shows, you thought friggin thing is yellow..case dismissed. ps : I don't own an ATPRO, but I know what color it is.

Wish it was that easy with a garrett to just notch up the discrim and eliminate the bottle caps but you would have to notch out quarter/dimes...iron alone will not do it and on the ace 350 it even hits as high as a 50 cent piece thats the highest notch on the machine so you would have to notch everything out lol

Many dd coils are sensitive to bottle caps. My v3i can discriminate them out by showing me the frequency response while pinpointing. But you can probably discriminate them out with the AT Pro using the technique called rimming. Pinpoint the target and then use the leading edge of the coil to sweep it. If the target changes and appears to be iron it's a bottle cap. If stays the same it's likely a good target.

Check, fabbr needs tissues. Im taking up a donation from you ATPro guys. So fabbr, how many bottlecaps do I need to get you a box of tissues? You have a place there that takes bottlecaps? Lol. I can do this all day. I dare ya to respond.

Nothing like a juicy hole, BOOM Baby.

Last edited:
Many dd coils are sensitive to bottle caps. My v3i can discriminate them out by showing me the frequency response while pinpointing. But you can probably discriminate them out with the AT Pro using the technique called rimming. Pinpoint the target and then use the leading edge of the coil to sweep it. If the target changes and appears to be iron it's a bottle cap. If stays the same it's likely a good target.

Rimming has not worked for my fisher. Lifting the coil also does not help disc the bottlecaps. Switching all metal mode seems to work best. But I just dig all good targets, Im not concerned with 3 bottle caps I might dig in a single day. I wonder if I am missing stuff because of the iron disc in the fisher.

Now Frequency response sounds very neat. The V3 is most likely more machine than the Pro or my Fisher. I have hunted with Lawrence and his MXT. He has 8 years experience and he actually out did me that day. But I was just looking for rings, and digging all trash signals. I was not running in my normal settings, but experimenting.

I have seen bottle caps ring up a solid dime no matter what you do with my fisher. At various depths. The T2 which is the twin to the F75 does a very good job with the Iron targets. I suspect the Pro has settings that can id the bottle caps.

All this talk and debate over bottle caps is intriguing. The E-Trac sees them as trash, and I don't think I have dug a single one in 4 years.

When my F75 grows up it will be a minelab lol. I wish someone would have told me about minelab before I spent all this money on all these machines. But with that said, I would not be the md'r today without the knowledge I gained with the F75. I dont understand why folks get upset when you say "bottle cap"? Bottle cap, Bottle cap, Bottle cap. Well no Bottle cap fairy appeared, must need to be holding a AT Pro when I do it.

When my F75 grows up it will be a minelab lol. I wish someone would have told me about minelab before I spent all this money on all these machines. But with that said, I would not be the md'r today without the knowledge I gained with the F75. I dont understand why folks get upset when you say "bottle cap"? Bottle cap, Bottle cap, Bottle cap. Well no Bottle cap fairy appeared, must need to be holding a AT Pro when I do it.

When your f75 grows up and becomes a minelab and eventually grows old, dies and goes to heaven it'll become a whites.

That would be DeSmet sd, its quite a ways east of here, deadwood isn't far though, lots of history there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back