AT haters.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I researched for a long time for an upgrade to my BH 505 and my Titan 2000 xd. I was hard pressed to spend $600 but after everything I read and the ubbiased reviews I decided to buy the ATP. I received it last week and will be going out with it this Saturday for the first time. I will be hitting a place I went to a while back near the Chikahomney River just outside Richmond Va. I thinnk I found what may be a virgin area for civil war relics. I am hoping that my ATP does a good job. And I didn't even know that the diggers show used Garretts.

I think that is great. Take the Bounty Hunter as I think you will want it too. May try comparing the two and giving your thoughts. Im sure with all the good things said about the AT Pro, there must be a buy back program at a 125%. Im sure you wont even have to swing, just hold out your hat upside down and catch that gold as the earth just spits out the nuggets as it trembles before the AT Pro. Tell me, does the AT Pro promise at a boy child at first conception too? Man, that AT Pro is just too much machine for me. I bet it is so strong it makes ya go sterile too? That's probably what causes the Delusions of Grandure all the AT Pro guys seem to have. Someone please post a pic of a AT Pro so I don't get confused again, lol.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think that is great. Take the Bounty Hunter as I think you will want it too. May try comparing the two and giving your thoughts. Im sure with all the good things said about the AT Pro, there must be a buy back program at a 125%. Im sure you wont even have to swing, just hold out your hat upside down and catch that gold as the earth just spits out the nuggets as it trembles before the AT Pro. Tell me, does the AT Pro promise at a boy child at first conception too? Man, that AT Pro is just too much machine for me. I bet it is so strong it makes ya go sterile too? That's probably what causes the Delusions of Grandure all the AT Pro guys seem to have. Someone please post a pic of a AT Pro so I don't get confused again, lol.

Lol at this post. It is entertainment for sure. I have gotten pretty fond of my V3i and would put it head to head with any detector and feel pretty good about it. But just like many here have said, the better that you know your machine the more success you will have. I have two machines, a tesero silver saber is my backup. I have on more than one occasion, searched an area first with the Tesoro and then the V3i. I can definitely find a lot of stuff with my V3i that the Tesoro missed, even though I have way more time with the Tesoro. I believe that you do get more for the money. So I would recommend talking to others who have different machines and then buy the best that you can afford. Good hunting!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am happy with my At PRO. I would never bash another machine because i don't have that brand. I have had my PRO since Oct and very happy with it. For the money and features it has I am well satisfied. I keep saying it along with others he more you learn about your machine the better you like it and there is no quick way to learn it. I don't care if you have a $100 machine or a $1000 machine. If you don't know how to use it properly you won't like it.
Ok, machine bashing? What I see is a whole lot of AT Pro users on a AT Pro haters thread? I may have my colors confused, but I know what thread I am on. So what you are saying is if you don't own a AT Pro, your bashing the machine? I would like to think we are having a friendly debate. I don't have to buy a AT Pro to make up stories.....lol. I could see if I was on a legit At Pro thread talking down. But I always make sure to tell you guys about telescoping magnets so you don't actually have to bend over and pick up those bottle caps. I hear the AT Pro now digs the holes for you too. Just like on the Show diggers, there holes are already dug most of the time? lol. Maybe we can change the name of the thread to AT Pro lovers?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol at this post. It is entertainment for sure. I have gotten pretty fond of my V3i and would put it head to head with any detector and feel pretty good about it. But just like many here have said, the better that you know your machine the more success you will have. I have two machines, a tesero silver saber is my backup. I have on more than one occasion, searched an area first with the Tesoro and then the V3i. I can definitely find a lot of stuff with my V3i that the Tesoro missed, even though I have way more time with the Tesoro. I believe that you do get more for the money. So I would recommend talking to others who have different machines and then buy the best that you can afford. Good hunting!
I was lucky enough the other day to hunt with a guy who had a whites. One heck of a machine and I believe it was a MXT. I liked the Whites, but they are built like tanks, and too heavy for me. The Whites MXT can hunt I have seen it done. A lot of folks are getting the V3. I hope to run into one soon so I can see how good it works. Im sure its no slouch.

And now a word from the guy who is having fun at a fews expense. Its a AT Pro haters thread. I am done making fun as my post are now being deleted, and I admit, Im just a bit over the edge on some of them. I have no problems with the AT Pro or Garret products. Some just like stirring the pot, and I played along. Im sure the AT Pro can hunt. With that many being sold, someone somewhere is going to find something lol. Ok Just kidding. But I don't believe someone found a beer can at 3' feet, sorry. That is really beyond most machines. But, hey, it could have happened. See you guys out there, keep swinging.

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A beer can at 3 feet? Possible. Depends on the conditions. I pulled a beer can at greater than 24 inches in wet loamy soil with m BH. amost we myself till it popped out of the ground.

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A beer can at 3 feet? Possible. Depends on the conditions. I pulled a beer can at greater than 24 inches in wet loamy soil with m BH. amost we myself till it popped out of the ground.

Talk about a disappointment, digging 2 feet for a beer can. That would suck

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting thread. The only Garret I own now, is the Garret Pro Pointer, I do own an Etrac, and so far it is the best detector I have ever owned. I also do not dig beer caps (by choice) I hunt mainly in TTF in iron infested areas, I can hear the good stuff mixed in with the iron and dig them both (if in close proximity to each other), and in general I do not dig the rusty iron signals if there is not something good with it. I choose not to dig iron sounds! I have been hunting since 1960 and am 63 years old now, I started out with a Radio Shack detector (BFO) that I got as a 10th. birthday present from my parents, then at 14 years of age I got a paper route and saved my money and bought a White's detector from a Sears Roebuck catalog, then after using that for a few years, I went to a Compass Yukon 94B, then traded that up to a Compass Judge 1, traded up to a Compass Judge 2, next in line was a Relic Magnum 7. Then around about 1980 Fisher came out with a 1260-X, I just had to have one. Next machine was a Fisher 1265-X, Then a Fisher CZ-6, Then a Fisher 1266-X (my current Fisher) excellent, light weight relic machine. Then in 1999 I switched to Minelab's new Explorer XS, sold that one and upgraded to the Minelab Explorer XS II (still have it) Then after 3 1/2 years of fighting for my disability, I got that big check and bought an Etrac! I don't bash any machine I haven't owned. BTW, I sold my Sears Roebuck White's to a friend of mine, who still uses it, but he is too cheap to buy a newer one, and it only detects about 3 inches max........lol NGE

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the at pro's are excellent most all new hunters buy a garrett and dont know what there missing in a good machine ...they can come clear some trash in my hunting spots anytime ...keep up the good work garrett

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was lucky enough the other day to hunt with a guy who had a whites. One heck of a machine and I believe it was a MXT. I liked the Whites, but they are built like tanks, and too heavy for me. The Whites MXT can hunt I have seen it done. A lot of folks are getting the V3. I hope to run into one soon so I can see how good it works. Im sure its no slouch.

And now a word from the guy who is having fun at a fews expense. Its a AT Pro haters thread. I am done making fun as my post are now being deleted, and I admit, Im just a bit over the edge on some of them. I have no problems with the AT Pro or Garret products. Some just like stirring the pot, and I played along. Im sure the AT Pro can hunt. With that many being sold, someone somewhere is going to find something lol. Ok Just kidding. But I don't believe someone found a beer can at 3' feet, sorry. That is really beyond most machines. But, hey, it could have happened. See you guys out there, keep swinging.

Haha Casca! I like to do that occasionally too!

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT Pro is my backup, but was my first, and she is my honey boo. Her name is LaQueesha, and I love her. When I hold her tight, she squawks sweetly in my ear. I will love her forever, even when I check her VDI and see she has been chatting with T2s and F75s. I can't quit you LaQueesha!

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have considered making a video of a hunt exactly as described by NGE. I don't miss all the bottle caps, but most of them. I only dig a certain amount of iffy signals, then just cherry pick as it is called. But I wouldn't call it cherry picking as the Fisher leaves my ears bleeding after a day of cherry picking, lol. I very much would like to see one of the minelabs work in real life. Guess I'll just have to keep waiting on that. No worrys here silver simon, I don't like the sound the AT Pro makes lol.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I had a few Ace 250s. Deepest dime dug that IDed correctly 4". With AT Pro, just started & already got a 7" deep dime that IDed correctly on every pass. I used the simple STD mode, sensitivity 7 of 8, coins mode, iron completely rejected (disc 40), just about the opposite of most users who use PRO mode & partial iron acceptance. Best wishes, George (MN)

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irresponsible AT Pro owners

Good quote, but who was it that said "there's nothing worse than an idiot with a cause."

I went to a new park today. It had way too much trash which would make it very hard to hunt for any machine. Im a little disappointed with my AT Pro users. I think I have located the problem. You guys are doing too much of this:
rubber.jpg

and this, 2beercans.jpg

and this, poop.jpg

But not enough of this, esperanza.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No help needed, I just wanted to see what it was like digging like I owned a AT Pro. I even walked funny and mumbled to myself, kept the pigeons away. That garbage was setting next to the coins, and in some cases on top of them..........I cart out all my trash, and don't leave it for others to do. I was a lil disappointed with the depth today, had to turn my sensitivity all the way down to 10. The F75 still hunted garbage, emi and all. lines.jpg

This is what I was hunting under. Only getting 5" depth. But I challenge any of you to take a large coil, in high trash and dig all solid signals. I am able to just dig coins all day, but actually dig the first hour or so all signals as I look for rings too.

When is the next Savage Family Season Starting guys? I cant wait to see that Boom Baby again?

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No help needed, I just wanted to see what it was like digging like I owned a AT Pro. I even walked funny and mumbled to myself, kept the pigeons away. That garbage was setting next to the coins, and in some cases on top of them..........I cart out all my trash, and don't leave it for others to do. I was a lil disappointed with the depth today, had to turn my sensitivity all the way down to 10. The F75 still hunted garbage, emi and all. View attachment 793891

This is what I was hunting under. Only getting 5" depth. But I challenge any of you to take a large coil, in high trash and dig all solid signals. I am able to just dig coins all day, but actually dig the first hour or so all signals as I look for rings too.

When is the next Savage Family Season Starting guys? I cant wait to see that Boom Baby again?
Could you and Dustytrails, the Garrett hater, just let it go! You guys will never own a Garrett, and thats fine. Some of us are more than happy with them. I just wish I could be as talented as you guys, and never dig any unwanted targets,your both legends in your own minds. Get over it:BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions