AT haters.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instant gratification isn't fast enough for most people nowadays, this machine is not for them..dumb it down and they are good. This machine is under major scrutiny..it is beyond some who own it and all who haven't tried it. It is viewed as a bandwagon machine due to the show diggers, but they actually use at gold's, which IMHO are an inferior coin shooter as compared to the at pro due to the 3k higher frequency, its hotter on gold though. On the flip side you have tons of fisher/brand x users who will readily bash the garrett at series detectors such as 'you saw it on tv and bought it' the thing is most of these guys are newbies hiding behind their age and they bought the fisher because they saw it on tv as well...enter meteorite men. The fisher series of detectors is as venerable as any, it is purely a matter of choice. Brand loyalty is fierce as of late, and the manufacturers would not have it any other way. Just my 2 cents

Was out hunting with Jeff and his T2 again today at a 1880's *******. It appeared it has never been detected. Found my 1st silver dime, a 1948. My wife came along and didn't bring the bounty hunter. So I apologize for all the bottle caps and pulltabs, she was walking around picking them up pretending she had a AT Pro. 1st rosie.jpg

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just can't seem to hate mine when it sniffs these out for me

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130428_165143.png
    ForumRunner_20130428_165143.png
    237.6 KB · Views: 220

dennco2000

Dec 4, 2012
Englewood Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Mark II - AT Pro - Garrett 580 PP.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There's a lot of detectors I'd like to try. The ones I have are what I feesably can afford like most of us. For me it's not about having what I want but more so wanting what I have... and yes I am listening the theme song from the Titanic lol.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT pro 5x8DD coil, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett pro pointer, Lesche, Grey Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few aluminum caps, that's about it. The rest of the beer tops around here are mainly pull tabs. Its a little strange that there are so many caps where you are, are there a lot of alcoholics there? Maybe try some different areas, they don't seem to be very common here. The ring was only 10k and 9.3 grams, sold for $150 spot, not bad for a quick trip down the street.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
may8th.jpg
A few aluminum caps, that's about it. The rest of the beer tops around here are mainly pull tabs. Its a little strange that there are so many caps where you are, are there a lot of alcoholics there? Maybe try some different areas, they don't seem to be very common here. The ring was only 10k and 9.3 grams, sold for $150 spot, not bad for a quick trip down the street.

Good Deal you paid for that beginner detector you got fabbr, congrats. I decided to hit the trashy areas today. Big 11" coil and all, just wasn't going to let a little thing like signal overload stop me. Once I got it dialed in, the F75 ate the old tree trash's lunch. I was only able to punch through about 7" as the signals was just everywhere. But man I pulled one dime after another, nickles too. Im gonna have to start hitting those areas with the 5" coil, it really quiets down those trashy areas, and you don't need a pinponter. Just for Fabbr, I dug a bottlecap, it was all decayed and rusty, was at 8" inches. Man I hate digging that deep. I find rings too, but I keep the ones I find. Heres my favorite: 100_5960.JPG

I can understand detectors like the T2 is made for relics more so than coins, and such. While we make fun f the AT Pro's ability to sniff out bottle caps, it seems the Pro's was made more so for relics. But the storys seem to get bigger and better every time I hear one. Darn those digger shows, taking a low end machine and making it a industry standard. lol. By the way, minelab owners think my F75 is junk lol. Im just a little fish in a big fish bowl lol.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, just think how good it will be when you learn how to use it..as you stated in another post you are using settings recommended to you by someone who is experienced with your machine....don't be afraid to think outside the box, good luck :-P

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ťunkasīla will pay you a visit soon

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not the detector that people hate......I think it's SOME of the people that that have AT's that get on the "haters" nerves.

I think the AT is a great detector- I almost got one. But some people that have AT's, go on, and on, and on, about them?!? It tends to bug people when a person never shuts up about how "their detector is the best" and " why did you buy that piece of crap? - you should have got a Garrett" etc....

I been swinging only like 2 months now, and I've even had to hear it already. It gets old.

AT's and SOME (not all) people who have them, are a lot like SOME of the people who drove new Mustang GT's in the early 1990's- "this is the best"- " it doesn't matter what you have , it sucks"- " you should have got this"- "my whatever is better than your whatever" and blah blah blah.

I think everyone should be happy with what they have..... OR..... try something different that a friend, or guy in your club, or acquaintance, or who ever has- Most people who are into this hobby are more than willing to let you check out their equipment.....If you try it and like it better than what you are swinging now, sell yours and get that.

Seems simple enough to me, no matter what brand it is. No one should give anyone else a hard time because they don't like another individuals choice of MD. And think about this- What if everybody on the planet had an AT, or F75, or E-Trac? You'd probably want something different- just for the sake of being different?!?! It's a ridiculous matter that goes to ridiculous lengths.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, just think how good it will be when you learn how to use it..as you stated in another post you are using settings recommended to you by someone who is experienced with your machine....don't be afraid to think outside the box, good luck :-P

I'm learning to use it every day buddy

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not the detector that people hate......I think it's SOME of the people that that have AT's that get on the "haters" nerves.

I think the AT is a great detector- I almost got one. But some people that have AT's, go on, and on, and on, about them?!? It tends to bug people when a person never shuts up about how "their detector is the best" and " why did you buy that piece of crap? - you should have got a Garrett" etc....

I been swinging only like 2 months now, and I've even had to hear it already. It gets old.

AT's and SOME (not all) people who have them, are a lot like SOME of the people who drove new Mustang GT's in the early 1990's- "this is the best"- " it doesn't matter what you have , it sucks"- " you should have got this"- "my whatever is better than your whatever" and blah blah blah.

I think everyone should be happy with what they have..... OR..... try something different that a friend, or guy in your club, or acquaintance, or who ever has- Most people who are into this hobby are more than willing to let you check out their equipment.....If you try it and like it better than what you are swinging now, sell yours and get that.

Seems simple enough to me, no matter what brand it is. No one should give anyone else a hard time because they don't like another individuals choice of MD. And think about this- What if everybody on the planet had an AT, or F75, or E-Trac? You'd probably want something different- just for the sake of being different?!?! It's a ridiculous matter that goes to ridiculous lengths.

I agree. If the modern tv shoes had not carried the ATPro, it would not be where it is at.

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree, my at certainly isn't the best, I have grown to like it. I also enjoy using the vaquero I bought for dad. I purchased 4 machines and it limited my choices. It is nice though to keep on swinging in the snow/rain without worrying about it getting wet. It does seem to be more of a relic machine as casca stated, but does good on coins and has nice target separation with the 5x8DD, battery life could be better but is greatly improved with headphones. Over $50 in clad since february may have covered the cost of batteries :o)

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, my at certainly isn't the best, I have grown to like it. I also enjoy using the vaquero I bought for dad. I purchased 4 machines and it limited my choices. It is nice though to keep on swinging in the snow/rain without worrying about it getting wet. It does seem to be more of a relic machine as casca stated, but does good on coins and has nice target separation with the 5x8DD, battery life could be better but is greatly improved with headphones. Over $50 in clad since february may have covered the cost of batteries :o)

If God wanted me to detect in the rain she would have made me a duck. How many folks like detecting in the rain and mud? Not many I know personally. Im down to 2 machines. Can only swing one at a time. Might as well be a good one. Im glad for ya fabbr you dont have to put your detector down to take a bath. Used to carry a rifle around for years. I guess you get used to it. Even took my rifle to church. Now I cant have one in city limits. Fabbr how do you put up with the toy yellow of the AT PRO?

Fabbr

Jan 28, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My at is black and silver, i think you may have mistaken the at for the ace series all along, those are yellow. I always found it best to have my facts straight before climbing up on my soap box, this would serve you well also. Soon it will be 100 degrees plus and ill be splashing around in the area streams and rivers looking for gold nuggets..a fun way to beat the heat for sure. Its hard for me to keep up with your negativity casca, if you were closer im sure we could work it out..keep your chin up and have a great day.

BryanM362

Mar 22, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac with Sun Ray probe, Garrett AT Pro, White's Classic SL, Garret Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If God wanted me to detect in the rain she would have made me a duck. How many folks like detecting in the rain and mud? Not many I know personally. Im down to 2 machines. Can only swing one at a time. Might as well be a good one. Im glad for ya fabbr you dont have to put your detector down to take a bath. Used to carry a rifle around for years. I guess you get used to it. Even took my rifle to church. Now I cant have one in city limits. Fabbr how do you put up with the toy yellow of the AT PRO?

Casca, the ATP is black! There's the problem you are confusing the ATP with the ACe series...

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am happy with my At PRO. I would never bash another machine because i don't have that brand. I have had my PRO since Oct and very happy with it. For the money and features it has I am well satisfied. I keep saying it along with others he more you learn about your machine the better you like it and there is no quick way to learn it. I don't care if you have a $100 machine or a $1000 machine. If you don't know how to use it properly you won't like it.

grlangfitt

Mar 29, 2013
Powhatan, Va
Detector(s) used
BH 505
AT Pro
Pro PinPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I researched for a long time for an upgrade to my BH 505 and my Titan 2000 xd. I was hard pressed to spend $600 but after everything I read and the ubbiased reviews I decided to buy the ATP. I received it last week and will be going out with it this Saturday for the first time. I will be hitting a place I went to a while back near the Chikahomney River just outside Richmond Va. I thinnk I found what may be a virgin area for civil war relics. I am hoping that my ATP does a good job. And I didn't even know that the diggers show used Garretts.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, the ATP is black! There's the problem you are confusing the ATP with the ACe series...

Well funny the ones on Gold Rush were Yeller. Sorry only thing Garret made that was good was mining pans. Glad I got my facts straight. I tell ya, its like this here you see:

I don't wait for it to start raining, I wait for it to stop. Im sure glad you don't have that toy yellow on your detectors.

W.C. Fileds said it best: "there's a sucker born every minute."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread