Atlantis

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Oro

IMO , the last days of Atlantis occured in the Bronze Age , and this because some logical reasons :

First , the Antlanteans should have a naval force to move along the Mediteranean coasts to conquer the kingdoms/cities from that era , except if Atlantis was on inland of Europe or Asia , which would not fit with the known description as Atlantis been a great island .

Second , the Atlantis had walls covered with bronze , and this melting result of other metals was discovered in the Broze Age ( like named ) .

As for the elephants , the most advanced kingdoms from that era and long after , bought elephants from India to use them in agriculture or infantry wars . Remember how the Persian army used elephants against the 300 of Leonida and also Hanibal had elephants in his army against Rome .

Also , many historians support how the infamous Troy war was only to take the Greeks possesion of the rich deposits of cooper and tin which were on the east coast of Aegean Sea , and to control the trade traffic ( by tools ) in the Dardanelles straits .

These are some of the logical reasons . I wish a good weekend to all .

Thanks Marius you just proved my point.

How many elephants would you guess that they had in the Minoan empire? Side point here but Plato did not say anything about the elephants of Atlantis being used for warfare or agriculture, only that there were elephants.

SDCFIA wrote
Plato was neither an historian nor a geographer <snip>

Isn't that your opinion? As to Plato not being an historian, I would suggest to re-read his two works on Atlantis. He makes it pretty clear that he is not trying to tell a fiction. Or perhaps you can point to the place where Plato tells us that he is making it up? As to Herodotus, we might note that he made very little mention of Rome or Carthage, and yet he certainly was familiar with them in his day. His focus was elsewhere, clearly. We could look at Livy and wonder why he made no mention of Atlantis either, but he was a Roman historian trying to tell just Roman history. Of course it is self-reassuring to think of it all as a fiction, not needing any further thought or research in any way, even some self-superiority to think one is more rational and intelligent, and not subject to belief in fairy tales like Atlantis.

For those willing to research the matter, it can be quite rewarding. There is evidence that mankind was not all living in caves when the Ice Age ended, and that Ice Age went out with a world wide cataclysm that included massive flooding, in part due to the breaking of ice dams in North America and Asia. What ever proto-civilizations were taking root at that time, must have been destroyed in the process. Of course if you do research Atlantis, you will have to deal with the crowd of self appointed experts and ridicule, and be aware that even should you find it beyond all doubt, not one of these skeptics will have the dignity to acknowledge their error.

640px-UnderwaterKoneswaramstatuesruins_01.png

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
640px-UnderwaterKoneswaramstatuesruins_01.png
Roy wrote:
"For those willing to research the matter, it can be quite rewarding. There is evidence that mankind was not all living in caves when the Ice Age ended, and that Ice Age went out with a world wide cataclysm that included massive flooding, in part due to the breaking of ice dams in North America and Asia. What ever proto-civilizations were taking root at that time, must have been destroyed in the process."

I couldn't agree more with you.
Koneswaram is an interesting example, and there are several others scattered through-out the world.

I read where Sweden even has a underwater settlement.
"Swedish divers unearth a 'Stone Age Atlantis': 11,000-year-old ancient settlement discovered under the Baltic Sea

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SDCFIA wrote: Plato was neither an historian nor a geographer

Isn't that your opinion? As to Plato not being an historian, I would suggest to re-read his two works on Atlantis. He makes it pretty clear that he is not trying to tell a fiction.

Yes, it's my opinion. As far as I know, it's also the opinion of the legion of informed commentators on Plato's life, career and writings. I could be mistaken, and will certainly change my opinion if you can cite some sources that explore his work as an historian or geographer.

I know you are ardent about the existence of Atlantis, and I certainly agree there seems to be plenty of circumstantial evidence and cultural mythologies indicating that there likely was a sophisticated human culture on earth before the ca 10,000 BCE cataclysms (whatever they were). In fact, it's quite likely to me that Plato did draw on existing myths of ancient humans and gods with which to build his Atlantis allegories. However, until a change is warranted that supports such a world superpower being defeated by historical Athenians, I will stand by my Post #1271.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why some ancient villages/cities which were inland and now are underwater and on the other hand some ancient port cities are now few miles inland . I believe something which we can't or we don't want to dare of thinking yet about , has occured in those very ancient times .

Read little about at https://books.google.gr/books?id=Xy...cient port cities at a high elevation&f=false starting from page # 86 .

Last edited:

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
I don't understand why some ancient villages/cities which were inland and now are underwater and on the other hand some ancient port cities are now few miles inland . I believe something which we can't or we don't want to dare of thinking yet about , has occured in those very ancient times .

Read little about at https://books.google.gr/books?id=Xy...cient port cities at a high elevation&f=false starting from page # 86 .

AMEN brother and thanks for the link! The evidence of a terrible catastrophe which struck our planet at the end of the last Ice Age is really planet-wide, and some evidence is so large it is easy to not notice it, like the re-shaped islands in the Caribbean sea, or the 'scab' lands of the US Northwest.
Explore Glacial Lake Missoula and the Catastrophic Ice Age Floods

Marius do you know of any English version of that book? I would appreciate it.

:coffee2::coffee2:

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's Manly P. Hall's take on Atlantis, its true physical existence prior to the earth cataclysms, its worldwide reach, how remnants of that influence affect our histories, Plato's stories, and near the end, Solon's experience in Egypt. I didn't know if I could sit through a lecture for more than an hour, but this guy details a big picture that has something for everyone.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I REALLY likes MPH's books, etc.; ONE reason that I became an "Enlightened Freemason"... and of course, Bro. Albert Pike. MPH's book, on "SECRET TEACHINGS of ALL AGES" has a few chapters on Atlantis, it is "on-line"... VERY Esoteric Stuff; You have been warned... HEH!

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Re antediluvian cultures, take a look at one of the many ancient sites near Cuzco. The Inca, considered a fairly sophisticated society in their own right, found Ollantaytambo, fixed some damage and occupied it. The Inca stonework shown is typical utilitarian rock stacking, but whoever built the original structures were clearly candidates for being alleged Atlanteans who established outposts/colonies.

Even though this presenter is self-serving in that he is an entrepreneur (not a problem for me), nonetheless his videos are usually excellent. He goes on site all over the world and just walks with a camera in the same places, obvious and obscure, that we as explorers might also wish to go. Almost as good as being there.

[h=1][/h]

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I got into this ANCIENT "stuff", via Eric von Daniken... had training in Archeology, too. Changed over to Psychology, tho. Oh well... got a Minor in Religion, read lots of Philosophy; could have had a Double Majors BS Degree. Went for a Masters in Counseling Psychology, instead... HA! :laughing7:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread