Attention Mr. "10" half dumper guy

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't you find a few banks to dump your halves at AND NOT EVERY BANK IN THE STATE? You re-roll your halves in new wraps and write "10" on the side of the roll in black marker. Everytime I ask for CW halves, I get 3-4 rolls of your crap. Clearly you are older and retired (thats what the tellers say), do you really need to infest the entire state with your filth??? I dont understand how you can possibly make any money at this with all the driving you do....find a few banks to dump and stick to them!!

Also looking for a good nickname for this guy, any ideas??

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
player.jpg
A wise man once said.. "Don't hate they player.. Hate the game.."

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't you find a few banks to dump your halves at AND NOT EVERY BANK IN THE STATE? You re-roll your halves in new wraps and write "10" on the side of the roll in black marker. Everytime I ask for CW halves, I get 3-4 rolls of your crap. Clearly you are older and retired (thats what the tellers say), do you really need to infest the entire state with your filth??? I dont understand how you can possibly make any money at this with all the driving you do....find a few banks to dump and stick to them!!

Also looking for a good nickname for this guy, any ideas??

The early bird gets the worm.

The one who smelt it, dealt it.

This retired man sounds like a champion. Maybe he does it all on bicycle? Are you in Rhode Island? Or California? big difference.

Do you have a split personality. Maybe your alter ego is trying to telling you something. 10....10...10.... you left your clothes at the laundry mat on 10th Street, quick, to the turd-mobile!

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Like AdDicted2Ag said, Don't hate the player, it's all part of the game. Sounds like you have some competition just like we all do. Must be worth all his travels or he wouldn't be doing it. Believe me, I've had the same kind of stuff happen to me. Just accept it and move on. I know....you have to vent a little bit. Get it off your chest and just move on.

HH

Big Fat

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of it is jealousy, I wish I had all day everyday to drive around hunting!

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Part of it is jealousy, I wish I had all day everyday to drive around hunting!

You don't have to be able to hunt every day.. I only really hunt 3 days of the week and I certainly don't spend all day doing it.. It sounds like you need to be ordering some boxes if the area is flooded with CWR dumps.. Find a new system.. Experiment..

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You don't have to be able to hunt every day.. I only really hunt 3 days of the week and I certainly don't spend all day doing it.. It sounds like you need to be ordering some boxes if the area is flooded with CWR dumps.. Find a new system.. Experiment..

That is great advice. I had the same thing happen to me my first month of CRHing. The 2nd month I started ordering boxes and that's when the real finds started showing up. I started using the little old man's dumped halves as my clad to substitute for the Ag I found.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I have a system, its called BUY EVERYTHING! lol - Im up to 8 boxes a week in halves plus all the CWR's of dimes/halves/quarters any bank will sell me and then will buy a box or two of dimes from misc banks along the way.

I actually do most of my coin hunting in bank parking lots, unwrapping as soon as I get in the car and using the TD coin machine to dump/replenish my bank along the way.

lovelylea

Oct 3, 2011
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hum Don't you dump your coins at some point? Maybe he hates the way you dump coins. Someone may need a new hobby?

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Be glad you're only getting 3-4 rolls of his dumps at a time, instead of $200-300. That's the norm where I live...

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
If he re-rolls into original wrappers and then puts them back in the box and dumps that and then you go and buy $500 box dump...well i give you permission to camp out and punch him in the face.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
In my area I have many who search halves And week after week those dumps get taken back, run through the wrapping machine and sent back to us. Sounds like your guy is simply cutting out the middle man.

Halves do not circulate and most of the time, we just buy back our own, or other CRH's dumps. Would it make a difference if the skunk boxes came with a 10 mark on it letting me know its going to be a skunk box?

They are skunks regardless (in my area) so it makes no difference in what fashion they come to me in.

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hum Don't you dump your coins at some point? Maybe he hates the way you dump coins. Someone may need a new hobby?

Geeze I can't even go on a good old fashioned rant without being told that I need to find a new hobby? I dump in boxes of $500 and I know they get shipped out, hopefully to Massachusetts...

OP
OP
Joe777Cool

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the part that actually bothers me is the let down of a teller saying they have CWR of halves only to have a stack of "10's" handed to me. It goes from nervous anticipation to total :BangHead: as soon as i see that "10" on the side fo the wrapper. He has to be doing a large volume, i just don't understand the purpose of dumping $50 at a pop at so many different banks; it just doesn't add up. Then again this guy has probably been doing it a long time so maybe there is something to learn from this......

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I think the part that actually bothers me is the let down of a teller saying they have CWR of halves only to have a stack of "10's" handed to me. It goes from nervous anticipation to total :BangHead: as soon as i see that "10" on the side fo the wrapper. He has to be doing a large volume, i just don't understand the purpose of dumping $50 at a pop at so many different banks; it just doesn't add up. Then again this guy has probably been doing it a long time so maybe there is something to learn from this......

The banks usually have a minimum amount that they need to ship the coin out. If someone was doing it on purpose, then it could be someone dumping into their own supply. If that is the case and they're doing that on purpose, then they might do it so that the halves don't get sent back to the coin provider to be packed back into a new box.

The guy that does it in my area orders from Chase, and the first time that i ordered boxes from "his" ordering branch they sold me a box that he had searched. I found rolls marked like his in other Chase branches in the area, even more than an hour away.

1more4me

Jul 26, 2011
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
White's V3i
I just had a spate of this too- Roved 4 banks and picked up CWR's at all four- coincidentally $200 at each bank- All same wrappers (but did find a silver proof in his dump.) BUT- one bank required he write his name and phone number on the rolls.

SO- I called him... Aksed why he dumped at every bank in town??? He said he didn't think he should take too much to any one bank at any one time. Well, I laughed at him a little- then told him about one bank that had a coin machine... What? Really?? He had no clue... And for $100 minimum account- no fees and dump as you please... He just didn't know how to play the game...

Good luck finding them Joe- might be a new guy that just don't know the rules...
PEACE

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I just had a spate of this too- Roved 4 banks and picked up CWR's at all four- coincidentally $200 at each bank- All same wrappers (but did find a silver proof in his dump.) BUT- one bank required he write his name and phone number on the rolls.

SO- I called him... Aksed why he dumped at every bank in town??? He said he didn't think he should take too much to any one bank at any one time. Well, I laughed at him a little- then told him about one bank that had a coin machine... What? Really?? He had no clue... And for $100 minimum account- no fees and dump as you please... He just didn't know how to play the game...

Good luck finding them Joe- might be a new guy that just don't know the rules...
PEACE

If someone called me and began questioning me about my personal business, I would have a huge problem with that.

This guy is ensuring he will never be cut off by dumping small amounts and several banks. Smart. Another thread was hating on someone with the 10 mark on the rolls. I am really not understanding how people think these guys have no clue. They know EXACTLY the right way to do it.

I can only hope you were being facetious about calling a complete stranger at home about his business.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread