Auburn SRA

OP
OP
Quickpan Dan

Quickpan Dan

Feb 2, 2013
Same area last year about six day trips(not the nugget on the left)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130405_142523.png
    ForumRunner_20130405_142523.png
    151.4 KB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Dan, my uncle and I are planning on going up there this weekend, prob early friday so we can get a spot, did you see if the gate is open yet? If you want to join us let me know. I'm gonna bring a goldcube and detector and stay over fri and sat. I'm going to look around see if there's a number to call to check. Alex

sidvail

Jan 11, 2013
Cottonwood, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've only seen ASRA this winter (Dec-March) Will I see a big change in the number of visitors (hikers and prospectors) come May 1st? I would think so - but have no idea how much so. Also, is there an etiquette I should pay attention to? I know it's not claimable - but I also assume there are a lot of regulars that have been coming here for years. I would not want to infringe.

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi sidvail, I've never been, it looks like a good spot on the map and Quickpan Dan has done well there. I found out I probably can't use a goldcube there so I'm gonna look around for another spot to go. I'll post here if I find some good public spots.

OP
OP
Quickpan Dan

Quickpan Dan

Feb 2, 2013
Couldn't get the camera out fast enough but saw a bobcat on drivers flat rd yesterday. Pretty cool never seen one in the wild before.
Not enough flow on the creek for a sluice so I busted some cracks on the river. One little picker and decent fine gold after a two hour battle of cold chisels and sledge vs. Geology and time.

Last edited:

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice job on the recent gold. Thanks for updating road being open.

OP
OP
Quickpan Dan

Quickpan Dan

Feb 2, 2013
Plenty for everyone. And wildlife to boot. The bobcat was the best part of my trip. Seen many bears but never a wild cat. Only got a few seconds but worth just as much as the gold.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread