OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Btw, if you haven't already Id sure recommend putting that nice Walker in a 2 x 2 or some kind of protective holder because that beauty is sure no junk silver.

Don't worry, SilverFace. I purchased some flips and a storage box just in case I found something this nice. I'll be keeping Bens in there as well.

Just two days ago I listed my 32 clad Ikes on Craiglist for $40 and have gotten several calls. I'm supposed to meet a guy this morning at my work to buy them for $40. If my math is correct, that's a 25% profit. Hopefully the guy shows up.

Well, since you seem to be getting interest from Craigslist I've just made a post myself. It would sure bypass the hassle of making the listings, shipping, eBay fees, etc. And a 25% profit is nothing to sniff at!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Did three boxes last night. Two were skunks, and one yielded two 40%. I seem to be sorting through a heavy portion of dumps with my latest boxes. Hopefully I'll work through them soon.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Two boxes last night, one skunk. The other box had a '68 ender, the only silver in the box. Also finally found my first '87-P, in very nice condition. I was surprised it took this long to find it.

IMAG0209.jpg

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
I found my first "lone silver that was an ender box" just last month - mine was a '67 ender. Its good you're keeping the skunk streaks to a minimum. Its sure no fun when the skunk streaks get into the double digits. Fortunately that's only happened to me a couple of times so far this year. If you keep getting more good boxes and with the help of your gf you might have 50 ozs of silver or more by the end of the year. Good luck.

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm still looking for a 1987-P to complete my Whitman folder. I've found 2 1987-D's, so I expect I'll stumble on an '87-P pretty soon. I'm on the West coast, so the P's are a little tougher to find.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope so SF, we'll have to keep working at it and work through our current batch of skunks. I had two more last night. They were much more recent dumps than the ones I had sorted through before. I had a half dozen BuffaloBoy marks, one from 7/14 so that's a pretty fresh dump. Hopefully the money room isn't starting to do first-in first-out to me.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Two boxes over the weekend. They were heavy dumps with probably a quarter of them having white painted rims. If I remember correctly, this may be a BuffaloBoy trademark. Mixed in with the dumps I found four 40%s in one box and one 90% and one 40% in the other. Best boxes in the last couple weeks, so not complaining! I picked up $600 in hand-wrapped rolls today, so we'll see if the CWRs are nice to me tonight.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, I did $600 in hand-wrapped rolls from a bank outside my usual stomping grounds and ta-da! My first score from CWR. ONE 40%. Half of the coins were solid-date semi-uncirculated, and the other half seemed like they had gone through a fire. My guess is that someone brought them to the bank in a bin and the tellers hand-rolled them, culling out any silver they found. I think they just missed this one because of the burn mark over the date.

IMAG0213_1.jpg

I also did a box, which was a skunk. In doing my rounds clearing out my backed up dumps today, I was also able to set up a second weekly 4-box order which will be a nice boost to my supply.

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on your first cwr silver. Looks like some sort of a partial eclipse coin. And congrats on finding a new p/u bank today too. So half of the coins were solid date AU's and the other half were torched huh? Sure sounds like you got a batch of coins with two different extremes in condition. Were the nice ones bicentennials by chance or maybe from the '90's? Seems like those are the usual dates of the nicer condition solid date halves I've gotten in the past. I got 2 boxes today myself so Im hoping for a little more silver tonight.

H$H!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, they were pretty crispy and the other ones were smooth as silk. The nice ones were all over the map in terms of dates, but I have noticed that it seems people really hoarded the bicentennials. I've seen a lot of those in the past. Your boxes have been producing really well lately, so hopefully that will keep up!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Did another skunk box last night. That was the last one I had from my last order. Hopefully the new boxes coming in tomorrow will be from a different stack or at least produce a little bit better!

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm surprised the CWR haven't produced much for you. I've been having great luck lately with the CWR's. Just keep on buying them. They will eventually produce for you. I love your running tabulations. Very impressive. If your longest skunk streak is only three boxes, you are doing great. And a 10 box silver streak is amazing. Your volume of Ikes is very impressive. With that kind of volume, I'm surprised you haven't found any silver Ikes. I'm still zero on silver Ikes, but haven't done anywhere near the volume you have.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
@Silverslug > I did the rounds for CWR again today and I think it's just that someone else in the area already has a monopoly on them. I picked up $490 in re-wrapped dumps (and was shorted a dollar) and about $100 elsewhere with no silver to show. Very VERY few of the banks I hit had any at all, maybe 3/15. As for the Ikes, well earlier in the summer I picked up a bag that one branch was about to ship out that had like $500 that they had been collecting for a long time. I haven't had any luck on Craigslist yet trying to get rid of any.

My boxes on the other hand have started to produce very nicely. With a new 4-digit stamp came a decent stream of silver. I did three boxes out of the eight I have on hand, and each produced some decent silver. The first box I did was pretty interesting. It had two 90% (one reverse Bender), three 40%, a '76 clad proof and my first 2014 half. Then my lucky lady came over this weekend and scored another lady of her own out of her box, our second Walking Liberty. Her box also had three other 90%, and four 40%. The third box I did, I scored six 40% and a couple more 2014's. I certainly hope the last five boxes keep producing and that this week's order keeps the silver flowing!

IMAG0214.jpg IMAG0219_1.jpg
IMAG0221.jpg IMAG0224.jpg

Edit, I forgot to mention also that two rolls had double silver :D

Last edited:

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow, you and StevePa both keep getting some great boxes with a nice ratio of 90% to 40%. And congrats to your lady for finding another lady liberty. Looks like you're finding about an oz of silver for every $1,000 in halves searched which is great. I hadn't really thought about it before but that's about my average for this year too - thanks largely to some great boxes I got in May. But it also looks like you're finding more than one 90% half for every $1000 searched too - I sure wish I had that great average. Hope your good luck continues the second half of the month.

H$H!

Silverslug

Aug 14, 2014
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I did $600 in hand-wrapped rolls from a bank outside my usual stomping grounds and ta-da! My first score from CWR. ONE 40%. Half of the coins were solid-date semi-uncirculated, and the other half seemed like they had gone through a fire. My guess is that someone brought them to the bank in a bin and the tellers hand-rolled them, culling out any silver they found. I think they just missed this one because of the burn mark over the date.

I'll bet that's exactly what happened. Makes perfect sense. It's a shame that particular customer didn't bring them in already wrapped. If they had, you would have come out with a nice haul of silver.

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
@SF, I think we might have both hit the same silver vein. I'm not sure what's going on but I sure hope it keeps up! He gets the same type of boxes that I do and we're just a few counties apart. Get it while the gettin's good. We've had excellent luck so far with boxes, which I'll probably be sticking to for a while. I know you're bound to hit your 100oz the way your boxes have been producing too.

@Silverslug, I sure wish they'd have brought them in already wrapped! I had a couple thousand bucks burning a hole in my pocket and would've loved to trade them in for a big pile of silver. They were definitely hand-rolled at the bank, and the teller kind of gave me a nod knowing what I was probably going to be looking for in them. Dirty snipers!!

OP
OP
Avago

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
Did a nice three boxes last night to make room for this week's order. Also went on a dumping spree to clear the backup (that's never good). The first box was the best, having two 40% enders and a total of eight 40%. Box number two had another 40% ender, with a total of five 40%ers. And the last box had two 40%'s and one 90%. Lots and lots of 40%'s in these boxes, not complaining. I also pulled a handful of proofs (two '76 clad) and a 50 cent Ecuadorian half. The silver is good now, and I hope that I remember the feeling when the skunks return.

IMAG0228_1.jpg IMAG0230_1.jpg
IMAG0232_1.jpg IMAG0234_1.jpg

One teller also eagerly handed me a bag of Ikes, $100 all clad. I'd sure like to score a silver one sometime!

SilverFace

Silver Member
Aug 21, 2011
Silverville
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on more good boxes. 16 silver from just 3 boxes is really good. Hope u can keep the silver streak going. Just curious, was that a sealed $100 bag of Ikes you got or maybe a bag a customer brought in?

H$H!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread