AVALON info

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
All right my recent studies have lead me to the subject of Avalon. I've required some info but theres little to be found on the web. So if anyone knows anything about Avalon please post a comment. Every piece of advise, facts, storys, myths, etc.... will be appriciated and looked into. I thank you for all your help.

~Treasure Girl

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Eyes, ears and common sense
I have absolutely no proof to sustanciate my theory, but I visit Cornwall every year. The little research I have done makes me think Avalon may be one of the rocks off of the coast at Tintagel, home of King Authur and his knights. There is a spooky cliff face down there it looks like Merlins profile. the rocks can be seen from the Ruins of Tintagel Castle. When I go back to the UK im hoping to take my wife down to Cornwall, I'l take some pics.

PS. they have the best Cornish pasty's in Tintagel

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Smithbrown said:
Most authorities identify Avalon with Glastonbury in Somerset.

Smithbrown

yes they do because thier was a fake lead cross dug up there, this was likely to be the work of the monks who were trying to save thier monestery

Smithbrown

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
I think the identification predates the crosses. Certainly predates Tintagel in the Arthurian myths; I believe that is a relatively late addition.

I would try googling Glastonbury and Avalon.

Smithbrown

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
Smithbrown said:
I think the identification predates the crosses. Certainly predates Tintagel in the Arthurian myths; I believe that is a relatively late addition.

I would try googling Glastonbury and Avalon.

Smithbrown

you are correct it does predate it, however the cross was placed there by the monks. the Tor at glastonbury would have been an island in a small lake at best when it was surrounded by water.
I am often in somerset, devon and cornwall the legends are great the scenery even better, I mearly offered treasure girl some of my own points of view.
please feel free to offer her yours.

Gary

OP
OP
treasure_girl3

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
So the Monks placed the cross there why exactly? ??? Sorry, this is a relatively new subject for me so I'm trying to learn all that I can.

~Treasure Girl

Peerless67

Jul 26, 2007
ENGLAND & CALIFORNIA
Detector(s) used
treasure_girl3 said:
So the Monks placed the cross there why exactly? ??? Sorry, this is a relatively new subject for me so I'm trying to learn all that I can.

~Treasure Girl
[/quote

they did it to add credence to the myth and save thier monestry/abbey. it was proven fake.
the best thing to prove a legend is evidence, so they created the "evidence"

OP
OP
treasure_girl3

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
Ohh... Good idea for them, not so good for us. Even though the cross was a fake, there must still be some actual evidence... Hmm... :-\

~Treasure Girl

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
??? ;D t_g3, are you looking for "evidence" of Avalon? If, I remember the CELTIC stories and stories of KING ARTHUR (& Knights of the Round Table...), Avalon was to the WEST, an island in the midst of a HUGH lake... SO! The TOR, spoken of in a previous "thread" MAY be a STRONG "clue"; if in the "past", it was an island in the middle of a ancient lake. I have heard that the TOR was a "doorway" for the KINGS, etc. going "up" to God/the Gods (in the "Spirit"). OTHERWISE... it will be like looking for Atlantis, Heaven, etc. GOOD LUCK in your search... ROAR!!! :D ;)

OP
OP
treasure_girl3

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
Rebel-KGC,

You asked if I was looking for evidence. Yes I am but stories, legends, clues, and info are all part of my research too. And "TOR" was a good clue so I thank all who posted it. ;D

~Treasure Girl

OP
OP
treasure_girl3

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
Ok every one. Is there any one out there who has more info on the monks and the monistary? I've found some information on them but I'll need more :BangHead: to figure out there story. Thanx :laughing7: :laughing7:

~treasure girl :wav:

emeraldaurora

Tenderfoot
Feb 11, 2008
well you no treasure_girl and i have found something about Excalibur being made in Avalon for King Arther for a battle does any1 have info on Excalibur for our studies? ???

~emeraldaurora~ :wink:

OP
OP
treasure_girl3

treasure_girl3

Feb 9, 2008
Has anyone seen this new game Tomb Raider Underworld. It's supposedly about Lara Croft's search for avalon. They talk about a Hammer that can level mountains and even defeat the greek gods. My research has been a little slow because of my other occupations so i need help decided whether or not to use this info. It is just a game but maybe they had some actual facts...I wonder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread