AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0

golden sluice

Dec 16, 2013
next to disneyland
Detector(s) used
Thanks Kellyco, and Garrett:smile:... I love my AT gold metal detector!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow, you make me wish I still lived in scottsdale! I would love to head up to to vulture mine area with you. Except, im in southern California now. Have you ever panned in the hassayampa before? Man, I always wanted to pan there. I heard theres some great gold there. Arizona is where I got the gold bug real bad. Lol:2barsgold:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Golden Sluice! Where by "DizzyLand" do ya live? I used to live by Ball and Euclid. Little Chinese place in the strip mall there had the best Orange Chicken!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's up fellas? Anybody heading out this week. Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I'm going to finish the rest of my dirt and cons from last couple outings. So I'm ready for more. Lol
Up for detecting or if ya want to run dirt. I'm game. PM me if anyone's interested.

Joe Z

Aug 18, 2012
New River AZ
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug 2,
Whites Goldmaster GMT,
Viper Vac, Tesoro Vaquero
and a 30 year old Radio Shack Detector :)
Primary Interest:
Other
What's up fellas? Anybody heading out this week. Thursday, Friday, Saturday. I'm going to finish the rest of my dirt and cons from last couple outings. So I'm ready for more. Lol
Up for detecting or if ya want to run dirt. I'm game. PM me if anyone's interested.

I may go to the Gold Show at the Mesa convention Center Saturday...... I used to live in AJ. Looks like four peaks in your Avatar. Mine is the Superstitions taken from the Saloon in Goldfield Ghost Town

elgatodelnoche

Aug 21, 2013
East Mesa, Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Deepseeker ADS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I'm sounding off. I've been reading here and decided to start the New Year off right and meet a few more like minded people. Looking to get out a little more and exchange a few stories. Done some sluicing, recirculating, and dredged a few times and a fair amount of digging ;) I'm up for day trips and longer. Located in the east valley. Drop me a line here or send me a message. A Happy New Year to all.

Welcome to TNet.

I love to get out, but nothing with extreme altitude changes in the hiking trail. I love to crevice in dry washes, but am not averse to shoveling dirt into a dry washer. I have a dry washer, but unfortunately my gas blower and vacuum are trashed. I do not have transportation, so somebody else would have to drive. I live off of 60 and Signal Butte in far east Mesa.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah I saw the show is here this weekend. I'm going to it. I think I'm going to start building my Tramel using PVC. Then try to make it so I could carry it and sluice to spot if needed. Just wonder if I can use the pump I've got and tee off it into Tramel for spray bars.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok. Thursday I'm going towards queen valley. GPAA claim there that was released in last letter from them. I did a "very" short run detecting due to amount of daylight left. Only got casings last time, but I'm going to run dirt and do some detecting as well. So wondering if anybody would like to come along.
Plus I'll be going to gold show this weekend.
Message me if interested.
Next trip, if I'm not moving a block away, I'll be heading towards congress. This will be in another two weeks.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will prob take you up on the congress trip. I am heading out on Sat and Sun this weekend already. On Sat a new friend is going to show me around BumbleBee a little, and if that pans out, I am going out there on Sun as well.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for the luck Clay. Encouraging to hear that about Bumble Bee. Roadrunner and I were out there last month and found nada. Well, lots of lead. So, we were doing it right. At least by the size of the lead we were finding.

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you hunting the RoadRunner claims down there?

There is a wash just east (uphill) from there that has some nuggets, dry as a bone this year but it was unclaimed as of a few weeks ago. Locals call it Sheep Gulch.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Saturday I'll be at the gold show. So maybe I'll bump into some of you.
I didn't make it out today but might head out tomorrow. Now that I've completed my dirt at home. Bumble bee area would be fun. Maybe Sunday, if I'm not playing with my new program I might get Saturday. Clay knows the name of it.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Anybody else going to the show, or you al digging? Went out for a quick dig at the Outback #4 claim. Didn't get but a few specks, but I was only there for a bit. Hour or so. So after setting up not much runtime. Next trip I'll do a day of it.
Elgato, you up for that, or anybody else want to go?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going out tomorrow with Top Hunt to Morristown. I went out to Turkey Creek detecting all day. Ghosttown as far as prospectors were concerned. I am still kicking myself for not bringing a pan and shovel with......................STUPID,STUPID!!!

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had my shovel get left behind. So I'm heading out tomorrow to get it. Otherwise I'd run out to detect with ya guys. That'd be fun for sure. Plus I've always got my pans classifiers and at least a couple hand shovels. Left them behind too many times now. So they're always in the truck. Lol. Now if I could not leave out there.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I also found out that I lost my scoop today. There is no going back for it. It is somewhere on the road to Turkey Creek. That is one rough @$$ road for sure. We are going out drywashing in the morning. You know the saying, if you want to look for gold, bring the MD, if you want to bring gold home, bring a drywasher....

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I recirc it with sluice. Haven't drywashed yet. Supplier says next step. Sure I'll have every aspect covered in a year. Then I'll file claim. Maybe.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YOu and me are opposite. Kinda. I made my first recirc, but it was not portable. I got sick of hauling buckets of material back to the house especially after I saw a drywasher in action. I plan on getting a highbanker this year. Not because of the efficiency, but for when the ground is still too wet to drywash. That drywasher is the fastest thing I have seen yet. But, it doesn't always work. And, if I get into an area where there is water, I can use its efficiency to my benefit.

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am going out tomorrow with Top Hunt to Morristown. I went out to Turkey Creek detecting all day. Ghosttown as far as prospectors were concerned. I am still kicking myself for not bringing a pan and shovel with......................STUPID,STUPID!!!

LOL. I've done it too. Sometimes my wife Karen will want to sight see rather than watch me prospect, so off we go...only to find a very new and promising spot. I've been known to pan with my hand. Total take for that method? One flake.

Like GoldenIrishman says, treat your stuff like Am Express...DON'T LEAVE HOME WITHOUT IT!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread