AZ members check in

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello all you AZ members of Treasure Net.

Here is a thread designed for one thing... Checking in and getting out with fellow AZ members. I see that there are a few AZ members who have gotten together and had some fun prospecting. I am kinda jealous. I, and hopefully other members from AZ also, would like to get to know our peers in person. See who like to shovel, and who like to watch shoveling happen... J/K.

I see some members are passing through the area I live in and I would love to get involved.

I will start it off. I live in Glendale, and don't have a truck. ( I have a company truck, but that is a big no-no) I have a drywasher, and a MD. I have my daughter every other weekend, and have the FEVER. I have a membership with Roadrunners. We have claims at Rich Hill, near Vulture Mine, and near Old Woman Gulch outside of Morristown. Anybody wants to set up a day of digging, let me know. I will be waiting at the end of the drive with too much equipment....

Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog-2012-1st MD.
White's Goldmaster V/Sat-2nd-MD-2013
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kaz, you got a recirc sluice?
I will see if I am free Tues.
Where ya going?

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Staying at the Hyatt. Where the teams at. Pre game beer or celebratory is fine with me. Lol

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My sluice is ready to go after this week. Got west side pools Monday. Then up around payson Tuesday/Wednesday. Hoping to do some detecting and digging around Roosevelt area Wednesday.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kaz, you got a recirc sluice?
I will see if I am free Tues.
Where ya going?
No, I do not. I think I am going back out to the same area as last time today. leaving in a few. If you want to get some gold on Tuesday, let's go out to Morristown. Always get gold there.

azprospector

Dec 30, 2013
Southeast AZ
Detector(s) used
MP3 Pro Digital
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am down here in Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca (Southeast of Tucson). We are near Bisbee (the great copper queen mine), Tombstone (the town to tough to die), and lets not forget the popular Ash Canyon area.
As soon as I member up, I will be heading out and see what I can find.
Just got rid of the truck but getting another one not too far down the road, using an intro level MP3 MD (going to put together the funds to get a nice one), and have a 13" sluice that I am working on making a re-cycling sluice out of.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No, I do not. I think I am going back out to the same area as last time today. leaving in a few. If you want to get some gold on Tuesday, let's go out to Morristown. Always get gold there.
Got to work and renew my registration that I forgot about(duh),double duh for me.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
YOu know how you were talking about the trumpet plant? I found a tiny deep little wash that was loaded with them. About 50 yards off the road even. No evidence of any work being done. And, the dirt is nice and dry....

SLNugget

Sep 25, 2013
Morristown, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Near Morristown? Surprised it's dry but I have not been around for a couple of weeks ( How was the gold?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Near Morristown? Surprised it's dry but I have not been around for a couple of weeks ( How was the gold?

Well, yesterday, I only brought the detector with. Today, I took out the drywasher. I forgot my snuffer bottle at home, so no panning down concentrates yet. But, I did peek in the riffle box after every run, and def got some gold. A few flakes that I could see. I will pan it out this afternoon. It was semi-dry. Enough to run some dirt. The area I was digging was less than a foot deep to bedrock, so not too bad.

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kaz. I brought those cons i picked up from the wash behind the mine, over the hill in the wash home and panned them.
I picked them up from behind 2 small boulders. Nothing but that schist we where going through all day.
Absolutly no black sands at all. Need to check that wash where the plants where. Bring a few test samples to your house.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I ran dirt for about an hour. Brought way less than half of a 5 of concentrates home. Panned them out, got 70+ total colors with 4 flakes in there. I then swept dirt from the bedrock, and brought home 2 5 gallon buckets about 2/3 full each. Haven't started panning them down yet. The runs on the drywasher were me alone for a little over an hour. Not bad. If I had a partner, and ran all day, might have something worth taking photos of. Did I mention it is only 50 feet from the road? Oh, and about 35' down, but who's counting? The wash is only about 4-6' wide at the bottom. And, the trumpets are all over the place. Good sign, good gold..

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds great. Maybe we can go back out there. I will have to call you for more details and we can go back out.

Au & Trails

Tenderfoot
Dec 31, 2013
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I'm sounding off. I've been reading here and decided to start the New Year off right and meet a few more like minded people. Looking to get out a little more and exchange a few stories. Done some sluicing, recirculating, and dredged a few times and a fair amount of digging ;) I'm up for day trips and longer. Located in the east valley. Drop me a line here or send me a message. A Happy New Year to all.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I am down here in Sierra Vista/Ft. Huachuca (Southeast of Tucson). We are near Bisbee (the great copper queen mine), Tombstone (the town to tough to die), and lets not forget the popular Ash Canyon area.
As soon as I member up, I will be heading out and see what I can find.
Just got rid of the truck but getting another one not too far down the road, using an intro level MP3 MD (going to put together the funds to get a nice one), and have a 13" sluice that I am working on making a re-cycling sluice out of.

We are over in Douglas but we work the Greaterville area. Ash Canyon is alright but Greaterville is much better.

We run a couple of different recirc systems. If you need a hand getting yours set up just let me know. I'm going to be upgrading to a medium sized trommel system soon.

You going to join up with Huachuca Prospectors Assn? There's a couple of members here on T-Net besides myself and my better half.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I am looking to get out this coming Sat. Anybody want to get together and throw some shovels?

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am just going to throw this out there. I have a piece of pool slate left over from a Miller Table project if anyone wants to come get it. It's 13 and 3/4" by 24". The usable part anyway. You will have to cut it up some.

OP
OP
K

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
1" thick. Forgot to add..

roadrunner

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2012
Pinal Mountains,Arizona
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo-2015-3rd
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, I'm sounding off. I've been reading here and decided to start the New Year off right and meet a few more like minded people. Looking to get out a little more and exchange a few stories. Done some sluicing, recirculating, and dredged a few times and a fair amount of digging ;) I'm up for day trips and longer. Located in the east valley. Drop me a line here or send me a message. A Happy New Year to all.

Welcome to Tnet, and to the Az thread.
Where abouts are you located. General area is fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread