AzVipers Road To Riches

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A good reminder of just how beautiful that high desert country
really is. Scrub Junipers growing right out of rocks, amazing boulder
formations...man, I do miss it.

Thanks for sharing that Keith. BTW, get yer arse to the Doc so's he
can fix that knee back up, and you can get back to chasing gold with
the rest of us ...
digging_zpsefcf9a69.gif~original

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok Keith, it's been over a month now...time to check in. Found any good apartment complex/university swimming pools with the drone? Naw, Az wouldn't do that. He'd head over to Lake Mead for a target rich environment. :thumbsup:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with The OTHER Jeff.... Time to check in man! Things are a brewin and we're getting closer and closer to diggin season!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not fly over any populated areas. To much risk involved. I am having to put off any repairs to the knee until 2016, just to busy at work with the take over.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last Sunday I was flying in a remote canyon and it was not until I say the video that there was a guy in the canyon. At one point I had hovered right over him, but because I was flying blind I did not see him during the flight. He was jumping up and down looking like a pissed off bull. Funny thing was he had a metal detector in his hand...

Last edited:

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last Sunday I was flying in a remote canyon and it was not until I say the video that there was a guy in the canyon. At one point I had hovered right over him, but because I was flying blind I did not see him during the flight. He was jumping up and down looking like a pissed off bull. Funny thing was he had a metal detector in his hand...

Absolutely need to see footage of this!!!

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear you're at least having a bit of fun when you can! Would love to see the video as well. I'll bet you surprised the he77 out of the guy with the detector!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dammit not realizing I had the GoPro set to loop I recorded over the video. The screen on these GoPro's is so small my eyes did not see that I had set the GP to loop over excising video once the memory had reached 64GB. I know that sounds like a lot of memory but when filming in 4K its not. Sorry guys the video is lost, chalk it up of not knowing my equipment.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will say it was funny to watch, but at the same time the guy most likely thinks I was spying on him when I did not even know the guy was in view. I have purchased equipment that I can see in real time what I am filming.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I finely broke down and called Tucson Orthopedic Institute. Have an appointment on Thursday with X-Rays. Either way I know surgery will be in the cards. I either have a torn Meniscus or I will be starring at a total knee replacement. My gut feeling is its not going to be good as my right leg feels to be shorter than the left leg, this meaning that the Meniscus is gone and I have been walking on bone on bone for 8 months. If its a total knee replacement as I have been through this is 2 months of hard work to get back on my feet. I had thought of putting this off until the first of the year but pain and a planned trip to Europe next summer got my wife on me to get it done NOW... As they say, HAPPY WIFE HAPPY LIFE... I have been putting this trip off for years and the wife says we are going...

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad had a total replacement done and he was back on his feet pretty quick. The trick is to do your P.T. His problem came later when he lost a lot of weight. He knee had been adjusted for his weight and once he lost so much his knee started to sound like a wind up toy! Might want to have them install an access port if you're going to diet n the future. Just saying....

Waterbug

Jul 6, 2005
Iowa
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, XLT & GoldmasterV/SAT
Fisher 1280x
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Viper,
I had five total knee replacements between '88 and '97. Three on left and two on right. During and after that time I was ATVing and prospecting around the Qtz area. If you exercise and exercise and can stand a little pain along the way, you will get back in shape. Keep bending the knee as far as you comfortably can at each exercise until it is back to normal or as close too as possible.You do however need to be careful, No running, No jumping, No kneeling(except on a soft pad or gel knee pads)) and be VERY careful when hiking/climbing. It will be discouraging at times, but keep going and everything will work out---did for me.
Waterbug

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
https://youtu.be/Ew9rp6U_IVc

My latest video up a creek. Makes me want to go prospecting.

I see the surgeon this Thursday and hope to get the ball rolling on the knee in the next few weeks.

FanFrickinTastic vid Keith! Outta the park! Sound of the water...wasn't expecting that! You make a great pilot...thank you so much for the ride along. Wow, talk about cracks and crevices!

2016 will be your year for all the good karma you have given. :occasion14:

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jeff, still working on my editing skills. I kinda tossed that video together in less than 1 hour. My computer kept crashing. I have to build a new computer that can handle 4K video.

Last edited:

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW! What a great journey. I noted a path at the beginning and end of the flight. Looks like foot is the only way in; perhaps with a mule. But what a marvelous area. Sure would love to be working that stream if it is in a gold area. Makes you want to grab a sluice, a pan and a shovel (and maybe a hand dredge) and get to work. Your editing skills are good enough to make me want to be there; good enough to make me feel like I was--except getting in the water!

Our prayers for you, Keith, as you go in for the consult Thursday and whatever path that may lead you along.

Dave

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
WOW! What a great journey. I noted a path at the beginning and end of the flight. Looks like foot is the only way in; perhaps with a mule. But what a marvelous area. Sure would love to be working that stream if it is in a gold area. Makes you want to grab a sluice, a pan and a shovel (and maybe a hand dredge) and get to work. Your editing skills are good enough to make me want to be there; good enough to make me feel like I was--except getting in the water!

Our prayers for you, Keith, as you go in for the consult Thursday and whatever path that may lead you along.

Dave

Dave you are cirrect. That area is in FS and its walking. I see a lot of hikers going in so maybe they have beaten a path down where your not climbing over lots of large rocks. Until I am healed and back on my feet I will look through the camera lens, but what an assume way to see a canyon. I know Drones get lots of bad press and news stations never report the good side. Recently a person was safed in the ocean by a drone when the pilot droped off a life ring to him. Another incident was a person was being washed down a rain flood wash. A drone was used to take a rope across the wash so that the fire crew could pull a much bigger rope to get to the person stranded in a tree in the middle of the wash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread