AzVipers Road To Riches

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I totally agree with WB on his exercise regiment! I broke my right leg in 2 places in 85 and did the theropy /exercises and then I broke my left leg in 3 places and half heartedly did some of the exercise and im paying for it now! DO THE EXCERSIE AND YOULL BE HAPPY! Im looking a 2 knees and I hope I take my own advise on this! But there are some pretty cool wheelchairs out there ! maybe with some flames and a roll bar??? :)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
I totally agree with WB on his exercise regiment! I broke my right leg in 2 places in 85 and did the theropy /exercises and then I broke my left leg in 3 places and half heartedly did some of the exercise and im paying for it now! DO THE EXCERSIE AND YOULL BE HAPPY! Im looking a 2 knees and I hope I take my own advise on this! But there are some pretty cool wheelchairs out there ! maybe with some flames and a roll bar??? :)

Blown 454 and off road suspension at the very least!:tongue3: :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Lets hope none of you guys need one....but, if you do....:headbang:

thoff road chair.jpg

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have had 11 surgeries over my lifetime. Four knees of which one was a total knee replacement. Believe me I know the importance of rehab. I developed my own system of rehab by doing lots of research prior to my first replacement. I return to work in 6 weeks with max. movement for which the new joint would allow. I will follow the same system. Thanks everyone, if you know me you know I will be commented 100 percent to rehabbing the knee.

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well the day has arrived. I am up early as the replacement knee will not begin until 1PM. I have to shower and then wipe my entire body down with a cloth that contains 2% Chlorhexidine Gluconate to kill any Bacteria. This same process will be done again once I arrive at the hospital at noon. Not felling real comfortable about today as I know the months of work ahead to get back in shape. As you get older it gets harder. I nearly called yesterday to ditch the entire operation but here I am, its a go. No pain meds for nearly a week per doc's instructions. New doctor don't really like him as he has no personality, cuts right to the chase, strictly a business man but he is one of the best. My old DR has retired but still around consulting.

Hope at the end of this road I can get back out and do some gold prospecting. Last Saturday I was in mining country with a few friends filming the Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness Area. We never ventured into the Wilderness area but what a beautiful area. Its called the little Grand Canyon with Aravaipa Creek cutting its path through the layers exposing the different colors. Hope you enjoy, make sure to click on the COGWHELL and set to HD then click on Youtube to open and expand.

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck on the surgery Keith! Looking forward to seeing you out in the field again as soon as possible my man.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Get an amphibious one! That way you can pan, sluice and dredge from it!

OP
OP
AzViper

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose I will NEVER get back out prospecting. Had yet another injury and it was entirely my fault. Was welding new hinges on a 12x6 foot steel gate when the C Clamps gave away. Like a fool I grabbed the gate from falling. This compressed L4 and L5 in my back of which was repaired 23 years ago. I now have shooting pains down both legs. Insurance wants me to do therapy of which I am doing but I know what lies ahead of me. Luckily laser surgery is now an option but until I play the insurance game I can't get the MRI.

HMiller

Aug 6, 2015
Darrington, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Bazooka Sniper 30", Gold Cube 4 Stack, Gold Cube Trommel, Gold Screw Trommel, Jaw crushers, Impact Mill, Shaker Table, Spiral Wheels, Blue Bowl, Sluices, Picks, Pry Bars, Shovels,
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This sucks. My wife crushed l4 and l5 this summer. A miserable thing. We're rooting for you.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
How awful :(
Heal fast!

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I suppose I will NEVER get back out prospecting. Had yet another injury and it was entirely my fault. Was welding new hinges on a 12x6 foot steel gate when the C Clamps gave away. Like a fool I grabbed the gate from falling. This compressed L4 and L5 in my back of which was repaired 23 years ago. I now have shooting pains down both legs. Insurance wants me to do therapy of which I am doing but I know what lies ahead of me. Luckily laser surgery is now an option but until I play the insurance game I can't get the MRI.

Ouch! I am so sorry. We do things by reflex and when we get older, it can cost us. I popped a hip about 4 years ago due to reflex reactions.

I hope this goes well for you and perhaps laser surgery will repair it. I really feel bad for you.

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heal now and the gold will come later. Speedy recovery our friend.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wishing you the best and hope everything works out good for you and speedy recovery.

ron

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread