apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It certainly has been a while since I have had the opportunity to hunt or post. Started hitting the garage sales again hoping to find a few bargains. I generally look for blue jeans to resale on fleabay along with a few odds and ends. Picked up 10 pairs of jeans today that were in really nice shape: American Eagle, Ambercrombie, et.al. Paid $1.75 each and have them listed at $10.00 up each. Also picked up 12 old LPs at 40 cents and I am in the process of listing them. I do not claim to be an expert in any field (except, perhaps U.S. History--Great Depression Historian), but a few cents here and there adds up.

Love to see everyone's posts. Seems you guys always find the "exotics," while I find the basics! I know my pics are not "hot potatoes" but perhaps I will get a sale!

Happy Hunting and hope everyone scores a dime or too.
Apush

Attachments

• 332.JPG
    332.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 109
  • 337.JPG
    337.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • 329.JPG
    329.JPG
    910.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 314.JPG
    314.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 120

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all adds up. I haven't been able to go in the last 3 weeks myself. It seems like forever.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
It really does all add up.

I find lots of very mundane things. Actually, those mundane items make up the bulk of what we get to resell, but money is money, and making a profit is what this is all about.

I think sometimes people get wrapped up with trying to find an item that will sell for $200 on the bay, and spend days upon days looking for that single 'wow' item. In reality, they could have made more money, in less time, selling 10 items that will bring $20 each. That might not be a great example, but you know what I mean.

I know an ebayer that has gotten super lucky with some finds in the past. Today, that person does nothing but moan and complain about how there is nothing to buy, and that prices are depressed on ebay. Sure, we'd all like to find the chair for $50 that will bring $2,000 on ebay, but it doesn't happen every day. I just keep picking and selling while they do nothing but complain and gripe about how they are only finding stuff that resells for "just $40 or $50, and not worth my time".

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found that you don't find the WOW items, they find you. At least that is the way it is for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions