Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
After the kids were packed off to school, I whent back to the bluff area that over looks the Red up here. This time I braught with me a sodd shovel and Edger. after scanning the area near a large American Elm Tree and pulling out the trash, I removed about a 6 ft square section of wild grass and weed , ect. It payed Off!! I recieved soft Target signal's in about a 1 ft sq. Area and pulled these Upper Canada Bank Tokens and 1 Lower Canada token! I cleaned them with a light acid salution and used oil as a stablizer. Geuss where I am off tomorrow ! ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0042_2.jpg
    IMG_0042_2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 555
  • IMG_0042_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0042_1_1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_0040_1_1.jpg
    IMG_0040_1_1.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 544
  • IMG_0041_2.jpg
    IMG_0041_2.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 545
Upvote 0

perfectsim

Jul 11, 2006
I would like to add that whenever diluting water with acid always add the acid to the water. Remember this by noticing that it's in alphebetical order. If done the other way the water will sit on top of the acid because it is less dense and create a plane of contact where the water and acid are mixing. This is an exothermic reaction and if not dispersed (like by adding the acid to the water) it might cause an explosion.

Here's a better explanation:
http://antoine.frostburg.edu/chem/senese/101/safety/faq/always-add-acid.shtml

Also, great coins!

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
yes!always add the acid to the water slowly and IN A WELL VENTALATED AREA!!
I cant express how important ventilation, eye protection and rubber gloves are NEEDED in this process!!!!!!!!!!! and read the directions on the bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread