maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, at least you got to test your theory with the painted coins and figured out how far to to go and dump not to get them back so, I think the test is probably over now, but it did work. HH, Maverick.

kenscott

Aug 25, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum SL
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly, it bothered me when I saw painted coins in my rolls. There is no need to deface halves in this manner.

If you want to mark your coins, think of doing something like marking the edges of common halves with a dark green Sharpie, a pink Sharpie, or the like. Marking a small percentage will let you easily identify if you have searched them before and will not deface the coins in the horrible manner painting them does.

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to keep this going marking coins does help if you want to do it of not. I don't have to mark them any more.With my ac dumps and doing large ## of boxes its all good. I find SILVER every week. with or with out paint. Am almost ready to go to pa street rd area. 50 boxes from there will open a new supply i hope?? newhope pa all the bucks county area i think will be good.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TimZim said:
Am almost ready to go to pa street rd area. 50 boxes from there will open a new supply i hope?? newhope pa all the bucks county area i think will be good.

Been there done that... not worth the time. I'd look north if I were you. I am thinking the NYC area is good... dense, lots of banks...

OP
OP
TimZim

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been there done that... not worth the time. I'd look north if I were you. I am thinking the NYC area is good... dense, lots of banks...
How many boxes do you do? What do you find?? There. pm me if you want.

Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All my ac coins i stoped weeks ago. And i think the latex spray paint did it. Am stoping!!! How about a nice acid dip??? They would be black and clean??
Latex paint? Really Tim?......you didn't think that would gunk up there machines? Just mark one coin per roll with a permanent marker. I sign mine and put the date on it which will give you a little extra info should you get one back. Dumping bags of skittles is not cool Tim.....and now it's been confirmed. That's your wake up call.
Mark the edges with sharpie. So when your edge checking, you can tell if your dumps are coming back. I do this with mine.
+1

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry tim... i knew it would backfire sooner or later, please don't ruin it for all of us!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
which bank told you this? also, my idea might sound unrealistic, but perhaps every half you get back that is "thick" with paint, maybe you can dip them in something to remove the thick paint... small spots aren't as bad as the whole coin being painted.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to keep this going marking coins does help if you want to do it of not. I don't have to mark them any more.With my ac dumps and doing large ## of boxes its all good. I find SILVER every week. with or with out paint. Am almost ready to go to pa street rd area. 50 boxes from there will open a new supply i hope?? newhope pa all the bucks county area i think will be good.

No, Bucks County sucks. It, like, really really REALLY sucks. Super dry!

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my idea: Stop painting coins.

Congrats your'e smarter than 99% of the people in Congress. ^_^

No seriously stop. If I was the branch manager I would send you packing for this. This is a ******* practice thats easily fixed by marking the rolls instead of the coins.

Last edited:

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just take a belt sander and scuff down the edge on 1 side of the coin roll...then people wont cry about it being painted

unclehuckelberry

Feb 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How about using glow in the dark or black light paint or markers? You won't get called on it and you'll be the only one who knows...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions