Baldingboy and MasterEagle Hunt

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
Hello,
We went out detecting last night at an old house in SE Missouri. It is an old property that is in the original part of town. It dates from the late 1800's. We found a variety of things, but unfortunately, lot's of trash. Thankfully, we have cleaned a lot of it out now and perhaps we will start finding more desireable targets.

Among the stuff I found, was two dog collar pendants. One is marked 1992 and the other has no date, but does name the dog and it's owner. I found them within two feet of one another on the side of the house. Both were only about 3" deep, and I found nothing else around them. Kinda strange...

I also found a teardrop shaped wind chime paddle, and an apparent gun sling eyelet. If anyone knows anything about the age of that, I would like to know.

Finally, we moved about a quarter mile away to a park with a Civil War history. Here, Mastereagle dug a religious statue head that caused quite a stir in an earlier post. I, however, spent my last light digging an old bottle. It has an <I> stamped on the bottom of it, apparently signifying Illinois as the bottling location and around 1920 as the date. Feel free to correct anything I have said. It appears to be a vacuum manufactured bottle. It was seven inches deep and is in great shape. HH

baldingboy

Attachments

• 100_3243.jpg
    100_3243.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 464
  • 100_3246a.JPG
    100_3246a.JPG
    24.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 100_3258.jpg
    100_3258.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 455
  • 100_3259.jpg
    100_3259.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 146
  • 100_3261.jpg
    100_3261.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 100_3262.jpg
    100_3262.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 0

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Went out with MasterEagle22

ME22,
I like those dog tags you found. I've dug some of those rose tags myself at an old farm I hunt. I was hoping they were half dollars. ;D
Thanks for sharing,
MM

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
ModernMiner said:
ME22,
I like those dog tags you found. I've dug some of those rose tags myself at an old farm I hunt. I was hoping they were half dollars. ;D
Thanks for sharing,
MM

baldingboy here....not mastereagle. I hunted with Mastereagle, but these are my finds. (Honest mistake since I have his name splattered all over this post.) Just setting the record straight. ;D

R

RUDY2003

Nice diggins' baldingboy....

Keep cleanin' up the huntin' spot....

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Baldingboy said:
ModernMiner said:
ME22,
Thanks for sharing,
MM

baldingboy here....not mastereagle. I hunted with Mastereagle, but these are my finds. (Honest mistake since I have his name splattered all over this post.) Just setting the record straight. ;D

Whoops. Sorry, when I was reading both your posts I hadn't had my morning coffee yet. :-\ ::) When you get my age, you're lucky you can type at all. ;D
-MM-

j.d. in the usa

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2003
Allentown Pa.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good job guys!! wtg... clean out that trash i bet theres some goodies hiding there..hh jd

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
That's the challenge of old houses. The trash.

Those rose tags. Oh those rose tags! Gotta get them out of the way.

Persistence may pay off there. That gold coin may be hiding in the next hole.

Happy hunting!

Ridley

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Ridley said:
That's the challenge of old houses. The trash.

Those rose tags. Oh those rose tags! Gotta get them out of the way.

Persistence may pay off there. That gold coin may be hiding in the next hole.

Happy hunting!

Ridley
j.d. in missouri said:
good job guys!! wtg... clean out that trash i bet theres some goodies hiding there..hh jd

paul1410 said:
Nice finds, bb!

I like the bottle. Was there a cap on it? What did the md pick up?

Thanks for sharing.

RUDY2003 said:
Nice diggins' baldingboy....

Keep cleanin' up the huntin' spot....

ModernMiner said:
ME22,
Thanks for sharing,
MM

Ridley,
I have been learning that the hard way. Makes me appreciate hunting the tot lots! I too, am getting a few Rose tags. Cool..but I would rather it be a silver coin.

JD,
Yeah I am realizing more and more that this needs to be approached like a job sometimes; clean up and then go have fun. Some times you have a little while cleaning too.

Paul1410,
I have yet to figure that out! I was convinced after digging the jar that there must be something hiding inside (in the dirt). I checked the hole I pulled it out of and didn't get anything, so I took the jar home and meticuously cleaned and sifted the dirt. Nothing! I am still puzzled. I will revisit the location and be checking that hole again.

Rudy2003,
Yeah, I will indeed clean that better than my own house. I know there is something hiding there.

MM,
No problem about the identity mixup. I have actually done that myself. I had both our names in the post. I just couldn't let him take credit for my finds. You know, he probably has a big head already (Pardon the pun...he found a Pope statue head the other night- LOL)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Those are some really cooooool finds there. Keep it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread