2nd day detecting

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Hello, 2nd day detecting, found lots of pulltabs , bottle caps also . took the advice of many of you from my last post to run the pulltab searcher also,, much more work but i am dertemined to find more jewlery rings etc, did not happen this trip hard to hunt as hundreds of concert people showed up and blanketed the lawn and sand, next trip down should produce alot more treasure, did manage to find 20 pennies all different holes, 2 nickels , 3 quarters, 11 dimes, in about 4 hours of swinging, guess i need to get some better equipment lots of holes i could not find screwdriver locator is just not doing it for me, , still looking for my first silver coin and ring need to try some older places here soon. , ace 250 again finding them coins, hopefully next time i post i will have a keeper to show, good day all and happy hunting

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
good show, my third day today, didnt find much, few dimes couple of pennies......but the old ones are waiting ;D

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
You won't believe what 6 months will do for you. You will continue to learn your detector better and the more you swing, the more you will find. Perservere through the tough times not finding stuff.

I have only had mine about 6 months and finally feel like I am accomplishing some goals that are making this hobby great. I have found some dog collar tags, tokens, about 40 bucks in clad, and a ziploc bag full of costume jewelry. I still haven't had the BIG score, but I have had fun. Just last weekend, I did find my first silver 925 ring. What a rush. Good luck and happy hunting.

baldingboy

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Nice finds, the more you use your detector the more you will dig!! I think you might be surprised by your end of the year totals!

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Jack(IN) said:
Nice finds, the more you use your detector the more you will dig!! I think you might be surprised by your end of the year totals!

Agree with Jack on this one...I just crossed 5300 coins for year. I usually find between 60 and 120 coins each trip on average so with some time and effort you may look back on these first few days and hopefully see a lot of improvement. I usually average between 20 to 40 coins an hour. But for starters you are doing fine! Remember everything is based on your location and amount of time you hunt. Skill and learning your machine play a great factor too. Keep up the good work and the posts.

Don't burn yourself out trying to find jewelry or silver at this point...concentrate on the different signals and digging a nice clean plug so you and anyone else detecting will be allowed back! ;)

Oh if you dig pennies they are everywhere I dig them too! :)

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Pretty good second trip! Just keep using and learning it and you will be surprised how fast it adds up. Rings and jewelry pop up for the added bonus of your work. Keep em swinging and you shall find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread