Bank Coin Counters

RobbyD49

Jul 5, 2012
SE Michigan
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I havenā€™t seen a thread about different coin counters in a while. I thought that we might get some ideas going about the different counters in our areas. For instance, I often see people talk about filling up bags in their bankā€™s counters, yet my bankā€™s counters dump into a large wheeled cart. My dump banks (TCF Bank) use SCAN COIN Cash Deposit System machines:
Cash Deposit System - Product Guide - Home - SCAN COIN

Iā€™ve noticed three different CDS machines in my area:

CDS 602: Coins are feed into left-side trough to a trommell which sorts out foreign matter. After the trommell moves the coins to the right of the machine, the coins fall onto a spinning slotted disc which is set at a 60% angle. After sorting by the slotted disc, they are then fed through the comparator and the good coins fall into a large wheeled cart approx. 18ā€x18ā€x18ā€. This cart is of course locked inside until it is filled. The benefit of this large cart is that you are limited by the size of the cart, not a bag. But Iā€™ve asked, and the bank is unable to sell the coins in the cart. The most Iā€™ve deposited was $750, so I donā€™t know if it maxes out after a certain dollar amount is reached.

CDS 608: This machine is the same as CDS 602. However, instead of a trommell sorting out the foreign matter, the coins are ran over a vibrating slotted trough. The foreign material falls through the slots, and the coins are feed to the same angled slotted spinning disc as the CDS 602.

CDS 648: Havenā€™t jammed one of these yet, so I havenā€™t had a look inside one of these yet. Sounds and functions just like the CDS 602.

CDS 820: Same as the 608, however, CDS 820 has a right side coin entry trough, with a shorter vibrating slotted trough sending coins to an angled slotted spinning disc, same as CDS 602.

If anyone has anything to add to this info, please share. I started this to find out more about these and others around.

Sidenote: These machines supposedly reject pre-64 silver coins. Has anyone thought of using these to sort out silver? Theoretically, dump unchecked coins into machine, pull silver from reject tray. I donā€™t have the balls to send my dimes through and test it. It was just a thought.

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typically, silver dimes will go through if you drop them in again unless they're BU. So I wouldn't recommend testing with dimes, I'd try it with a quarter first.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sidenote: These machines supposedly reject pre-64 silver coins. Has anyone thought of using these to sort out silver? Theoretically, dump unchecked coins into machine, pull silver from reject tray. I donā€™t have the balls to send my dimes through and test it. It was just a thought.

One of the banks I dump halves at has one of these machines. I did pulled a silver dime out of it once but you would never catch me using it to sort out silver. Heck not only would it probably swallow the silver the next time someone tries it but it would also probably count it as a penny, to boot.

$nack-Money

Jul 16, 2011
all of mine are either the conveyor belt "quickchange" machines or the cummins money machines... i much prefer the money machines.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
My machine is a DeLaRue. It has an upwards conveyor belt with a magnet over top of it to reject the foreign coins. it then spins in a circle inside and gets sorted into bags. The machine might cull silver, but I am not positively sure at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread