Silver - One of the few posts where somebody actually found something......

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stopped at three banks yesterday. I had given up on half dollars but always ask after I ask for CWR of dimes.

Surprised me at bank #1 as they had $2.50 in half dollars that were loose. As the teller was handing them over
to me I noticed the shine of silver in one of the half's. "This one is silver" and my heart dropped but she gave
it to me anyways. Got out into the car and found out she missed the other four half dollars.

64X1
66X2
68X2

This teller thinks silver only exists from 64 and prior. As I was walking out I got the evil eye from the bank
manager who has silver blocked me more than a few times. I just smiled and said have a great day!

Skunk on dimes.

Bank #2
$40.00 in dimes - Skunked

Bank #3
Never ever ever ever has any half dollars but they are a good source of silver in dime rolls. Teller
told me that the gentlemen next to her has quite a few rolls but he stepped away for a minute.
Ended up buying 10 $2.00 bills and $50.00 in dimes from her while I waited for the other Teller.

Teller arrives and says he has $15.00 dollars loose and $60.00 in rolls. I told him that I have
been in multiple times and gave up on half dollars as they never had any. Teller replies to me "That
is because I Hoard Them". Guess what, lady teller who turns out to be the vault teller said, "Give
him the rolls and the loose".....:hello2:

There was an obvious silver half dollar in the loose, he picks it up and says, "Oh this one is silver" and
I replied, "That is ok, I will take it to :laughing7:". Picked up the Loose and the $60.00 in rolls and headed
out to my car. The Silver was a 66 and I found three more silver half dollars in the six rolls.

Skunk on Dimes.

66X2
67X1
69X1

Went and dumped the $150+ dollars and went home a happy camper. I would have loved to get
a couple of dimes but luck was in the half dollars today.

Upvote 0

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Great job on the CRW's there Freedom, allways nice to find a surprize! HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet.. Many tellers think that silver is only prior to 64.. I have found many halves this way..

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job! Although I hate hearing about tellers that know about silver. I'm beginning to think that more and more of them know about silver and, even worse, are sniping it. It's nice they don't seem to know about the 40% halves, but still.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet those tellers are pissed when they find out about the 40% coins and realize how many they have let go!

Nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread