Bars found in Salvation Army kettle contain little gold...

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that's interesting. I wonder if the person donating even had a clue they were fake? Sort of a strange thing for your average person to do, go through all the trouble coming up with and plating gold bars. Then donating when more then likely they would be found as fake real quick. Just to play a prank or joke? :dontknow: I want to see a close up of bars. How well are they made? If its just a silver bar with gold spray paint then ok I rest my case. I guess they are well made if they are talking plating. Concerned more are out there that are being passed as liget.

jolteon

Feb 22, 2014
It is a very disappointing that somebody would donate that if they knew it was fake to donated to a charity like that. If they did not know I understand because is impossible easy to figure all of these things are authentic or not!

woodrat

Dec 26, 2014
louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab explorer se. Whites trx pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like some of the crap you would get from ebay I guess the average person could have thought they were real. But I bet they found out they were fake and dumped them in a kettle for a publicity stunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread